City of Cedar Falls Employee Reviews in United States

enjoyed job
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAMay 9, 2014
physical work, basically left alone to do tasks. baled recyclable materials (cardboard newspaper etc). picked up roll offs at numerous sites and dumped at city or city carton. worked 40 hours a week, monday through friday.
Pros
work hours, benefits
Cons
maybe a little dusty
Very stressful workplace.
Secretary for Developmental Services (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAJune 28, 2012
I have talked to other retirees from this job site and we all seem to agree that we couldn't wait to retire from there. I do not like to speak ill about a company or agency, however I would not recommend it to anyone. My co-workers throughout the site were very nice and cooperative to work with. The hardest part of the job was knowing that you put forth 100% and when you had your performance evaluation and your manager took it to the Director the manager was told to downgrade it, therefore limiting your raise. This Director never saw your work or how punctual you were, or how efficient your work habits were. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the public and co-workers.
Pros
free insurance coverage for yourself.
Cons
the top director's reign over all managers and their employees.