City of Chandler Employee Reviews

Alright
Temp. Recreational Leader (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 13, 2017
Working with the city of Chandler was nice because they paid for your trainings and my coworkers were all together really great and nice to be around, I did have some trouble wih manager just because she had a different way of working than I did but we didn't ever have any major conflicts and for the most part I enjoyed my job for the City of Chandler and would recommend it to a a friend.
Excellent place to work
Airport - Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZ 85244September 3, 2017
Great employees and very interesting jobs. Working in various departments gave me the opportunity to meet many people with diverse backgrounds. My director and supervisors were always fair and generous with their time and mentoring.
Pros
Very close to work, benefits
seemed unorganized
Recreation Leader III (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 23, 2017
many people who I worked with I found really had no passion for their job, but were simply there to collect a paycheck. With recreation you should enjoy what you do.
Micromanaged
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 11, 2017
Horrible Leadership from the Chief down to all his followers. I would not work for this place again. They only promote based on favoritism and if you kiss up to them.
Interesting
Temporary Water Operator Trainee (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 2, 2017
Came in with high hopes of loving the different work environments I would be in. Left with an educated perspective on who gets ahead, and who is forgotten about. Not all departments stand by the City's "Customer Connection" outlook.
Productive, fun.
HVAC Service Technician (Former Employee) –  175 Arizona Ave, Chandler, AZMay 9, 2017
Great team and management. Team work. Updated equipment. Job recognition. City vehicle. Job growth and opportunity for advancement. Beautiful clean city
Pros
Training.
na
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 5, 2017
I loved working for the city of Chandler. I was employed with the city for almost 14 years. I would defiantly recommend the city to anyone. It was fast paced however there was also downtime .
Great Highschool Job
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 16, 2017
Life guarding was a great job in high school. Although the hours were long and to some degree strenuous, it was over all a fun job. the environment was cooperative.
Pros
breaks
Cons
Working outdoors
Fun work place with lots of potential
Lifeguard II - Water Safety Instructor (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 13, 2017
Ensure patron safety, instruct lessons, lead younger staff, cashiering, maintenance, instruct lifeguard classes. Great staff, and wonderful to work with kids
having 6 days off every week
Water Treatment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 28, 2016
The shifts were great two eight hour shifts four twelve hour shifts then two more eight hours shift's which meant you could use 40hours of vacation and be off for 3 weeks
Pros
Six days off
Cons
The 12 hour shifts alone
Very challenging in a good way for personal growth.
GIS Technician II (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 15, 2016
Very challenging in a good way for personal growth. Directed 28 field inspectors for water maintenance. Flexible working hours.
Pros
Feeling of providing a good service to the resident.
Cons
No room for position movement.
A Government Job You Won't Hate
Lifeguard II (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 25, 2016
My summers working as a lifeguard for the City of Chandler were so fun! It is a very physically demanding job, so be prepared for that.
A small, not busy pool mainly for swim lessons
Temp lifeguard level 2 (WSI) (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 31, 2016
On a typical day, you just watch the pool, enforce rules, and clean the property.

I learned that every second counts when it comes to an emergency.

Management is laid back, but if you're new, it's hard to get over 10 hours a week.

My co-workers are helpful and a fun group to hang out with.

The hardest part of the job is the split second decisions you have to make in a pressuring emergency.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you just saved someones life and that your training paid off
Pros
Constant breaks, great people to be around, great pay for a high school student
Cons
The stress in emergencies, buying your own uniforms, no overtime or else you get fired
Great place with great people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 7, 2016
Great place to work, along with some great people to work with. Managers worked well with staff, very friendly. Promoted team and family atmosphere.
Pros
Hours and amenities were great.
Cons
Stress filled work days
Very friendly and Organized
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 9, 2015
The City takes no short-cuts in hiring and is very particular. They make you feel like one of the family. An average workday is tough, yet fun at the same time. 5/5 plan on returning next season.
Pros
Breaks often
Cons
Age requirement for certain parts of the job
Great experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 29, 2015
Met good people who care about the community. Felt very involved and like we were a part of a good thing. Volunteered to help summer back pack drive for Chandler Unified and felt was a great success obtaining supplies for over 10,000 students in low-income households.
A good job.
Groundsman at Golf Course (Former Employee) –  Chandler Golf Course: Chandler, OkSeptember 2, 2015
All though the pay was not at all what I need at the moment... Working with my boss and visiting with all the visitors and members was a great time.
productive and awesome company to work for
Court Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 23, 2015
I loved working for city of chandler because the benefitd were great and customers were amazing. Learned a lot that has to do with city of chandler as far as what it has to offer,
Enjoyable productive workplace
Lifeguard and Swimming Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 4, 2014
Lifeguards are always trained up to date to keep the facility safe.
Training daily to keep rescue skills fresh.
Family friendly environment.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, working with children
Cons
Not a flexible work environment
Good city to work for if you find the right dept...
COURT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 26, 2014
While the city of Chandler has decent pay and benefits, there are certain areas that could use massive improvement. The court is a horrible place to work. Poor management, extremely low morale and high turnover. Very hard to pass probation there. . Saw many employees lose their jobs within the first 6 months of working there. Employee relations are subpar.. most people working there are miserable at best. The pay is good enough to keep people there but it just isn't an enjoyable place to be. Beyond that, the cost of benefits continues to increase each year as the quality of benefits decreases. No raises for 4 of the 6 years I was there but saw my benefit costs increase by 200%. There is no room for advancement within the court and it is very rare for court employees to be hired on with other depts because of the bad reputation the court has. Would not recommend working there unless you really need the money or don't plan on staying long..
Pros
good pay, retirement, job stability
Cons
poor morale, expensive benefits, horrible mgmt