City of Chattanooga

City of Chattanooga Employer Reviews

Nice place to work, lots of valuable job training.
Water Quality Specialist (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 8, 2014
Pros: getting to be outside and make your own schedule to a degree.
Cons: not many opportunities for advancement.
Typically I am out in the field doing various monitoring activities in the creeks of Chattanooga. I have leaned many things about working with a permit from TDEC and many things about monitoring water quality. I have lots of very nice and hardworking coworkers. The hardest part of the job is when we get lots of rain so we are stuck inside and cannot – more... get out in the field. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work outside and see very interesting parts of the city. – less
The Southern version of "Scandal"
Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 13, 2014
Pros: benefits, hours worked, gym, clinic
Cons: no room for advancement, corrupt officials, not enough employees to do the work
Everyone is fearful of losing their job so they will turn the other cheek to any wrongdoing that they see. If you want to be a modern day slave with no rights or freedoms, this is your dream job. If you are powerful and corrupt, this is your dream job.
Enjoyed working with so many different cultures and families.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Chattanooga TNMay 8, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: not enough money
Head Start is a great program and I enjoy working with the children and families. I have a wonderful boss that I think very highly of. On a typical day I go to at least 3 centers to do well checks and to send letters out to get information that I need on my children. I do classroom safety checks once a month and deliver health supplies once a month – more... where they are need. I assist families in finding a medical and dental home for their child and on many occasions I have accompanied them. I learned a lot about time management and what the requirements are for the state of Tennessee. The most enjoyable part of my job would be the time I get to spend with these children and get to watch them grow in so many ways. – less
Co-workers are great.
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 25, 2014
Pros: enjoyable work
Cons: i prefer not to focus on negativity
Direct co-workers are great and supportive. Very challenging position that requires detail and the ability to search out product and parts.
Equipment Operator 4 (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 5, 2014
great place to work great environment staff is friendly and very helpful
Balanced Life Decent pay Great Starter
Social Services Worker (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 21, 2013
•Interview and counsel clients requiring assistance from the Chattanooga Human Services Department to achieve a level of self-sufficiency to determine the nature and degree of the problems.

•Secure all information necessary to evaluate factors contributing to the client's situation and the client's abilities.

•Develop a service plan in conjunction – more... with the client to address the barriers identified.

•Refer clients to community resources and other organizations, along with compiling and maintaining client records. – less
Work minor accident, traffic for special events
Police Service Technician Senior (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNDecember 31, 2012
Performs functions at minor traffic accident, Prepare and issue citations, Establish and maintain positive relationships with citizens, Receive, review, and /or prepare documentation, records, logs, and reports. Train new personnel.
Wonders Never Cease?
Telecommunications Coordinator (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 14, 2012
Pros: excellent co-workers, excellent benefits and healthcare
Cons: hyper bureaucracy
The IT department is very puzzling? Networking is on track on moving forward, however Telephony is very problematic at best. Many agencies are ignored continually and remain upset that no viable solution is available. If you're interested in a career, definitely continue looking.