City of Cincinnati Employee Reviews

life guarding in summers
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 9, 2017
Was a lifeguard with city pools. In charge of opening and closing the pool daily. While open rotated in chairs to watch patrons and keep people safe. Pretty basic job.
Pros
outside at pool all summer, easy hours
Cons
low pay low skill job
I love this job
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 20, 2016
This job is an amazing and fun way to meet new people and build friendships. This company opened me up to new and exciting this each year. Everybody is hands on and personal care for the staff. The hardest part about my jib was maintaining my personal life and work life as they kind of merged together. Being around loving and caring co-workers was a plus and I also got to go to other neighborhoods and meet new people. This job is the best jib for teens and will help build team work skills.
Pros
free lunches and good pay
Cons
Hot
Productive company with room for advancement.
Engineering Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 2, 2016
Learned a lot about the structural design of bridges and inspection of existing bridges using national standards. Load rated bridges for overload permits.
Fulfilling job
City Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, IANovember 30, 2016
This job was the most fulfilling I have ever had because you were able to really solve problems and work towards solutions. In addition, it was challenging each and every day.
Pros
variety
Cons
residents
Police Lieutenant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioNovember 15, 2016
This is a very rewarding job serving the people of Cincinnati. Job security is great and there is room for advancement. Everyday presents new experiences.
N/a
Economic Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 21, 2016
The company culture was welcoming, however little to no career advancement opportunity was given. Good place to gain intern experience but do not expect long term employment opportunities.
Sanitation worker
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 8, 2016
A typical day at work working with the public on city street collecting garbage and yard waste. Transporting waste to city dump. I learned how to operate heavy equipment. Learned how to be a safe driver when driving such a big truck. I learned how to work with others adapt to weather. The enjoyest part of the job was meeting knew people working with others and learning different straegies.
Pros
watching straight through no breaks and driving and learning
Cons
was when working with others and they dont pull they weight of there job
Great Benefits and salary
Clerk Typist III (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 18, 2016
I learned a lot in the 23 years of working for the city and my pension is great. Meet a lot a great people and learned a lot about city government, training
Relaxed atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45202June 11, 2016
In the income tax department, work ebbs and flows like many other places. Everyone is friendly and joking and the atmosphere is very relaxed and encouraging.
big part of the company culture is centered on open and honest communication.
Data Analytics Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 8, 2016
sometimes long and odd hours,A big part of the company culture is centered on open and honest communication. Senior management works very hard to keep politics out of the culture, and we are taught to "talk _to_ people, not about them", to "listen with intense curiosity", to "tell others how they impact you". There is ongoing training and reinforcement around this,
Productive and fun with alot great people to meet.
Program Leader (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 9, 2016
A typical day is jammed with people so my communication skills was a must have day in and day out. The weekend`s be a little less packed because only a certain group of people are let in. For example on Saturdays only teens and retails are allowed access. I also learned many different skills here such as time and organizational skills. My co-workers are all hard working people with good attitudes for work.The hardest part of the job is trying to improve the people that come into the center. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing so many smiling faces each and every day.
Pros
Flexible hours, Good work environment.
Cons
Attitudes of some customers
Review of city of Cincinnati
Clerk,Driver,and laborer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 19, 2015
Typical Day
For the last 10 years I worked at Public Service- I did a lot of data entry and helped customers (mostly complaints) walk-ins and a lot of telephone calls. (Customer service)
Also, I worked on a lot of data entry sheets and also did some excel and word.

I learned to work with my co-workers as a team.
The management was very good (qualified people)
The hardest part of my job was when I started at Public Service in 2003 when I started at Public Service ( just getting accustomed to the way things were done.

The most enjoyable part of my job at Public Service was working with friends that I met and gaining more knowledge.
great work place
Municipal Worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 1, 2015
a great work place were u start early and get off early get paid for 8 hours and work about 5 a lot of the times good hard work collecting trash keeping you in shape. good friendly co-workers and great management.
Cincinnati Fire Department
Paramedic/Firefighter (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 26, 2015
It was an excellent environment to work in, the team effort and a true family work relationship that existed was a very positive benefit being employed there.Administration was very supportive and truly was concerned with safety and well being of all members of the department.
Pros
Work Schedule
Cons
Frequently working holidays and weekends
na
Chief of Staff (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati OhioSeptember 16, 2015
Great place to work. New challenges everyday. Opportunities to go out create a positive impact on the community. Overall, this is inclusive environment to grow and learn.
Micromanagers
Supervising Recreation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 8, 2015
Overall the city of Cincinnati is a good work environment. However, in certain divisions there are issues diversity advancement, a-well-as low morale, very poltical.
Pros
Convenient work hours, convenient locations
Cons
Union labor makes the city a difficult place to get any work done
It is ok, I suppose
911 Op (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 6, 2015
It was overall ok. Just like any other job, it comes with it's mess. The politics are outrageous. Not much more to say than that.
Pros
Benefits, Compensation
Cons
Short breaks, management
Interesting
Operator and Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 3, 2015
It is an interesting line of work. The pay is great and there are great benefits. The hours are very long but the overall job is very rewarding.
Elm Street Health Center
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 19, 2015
Supervising an inner-city health clinic requires a great deal of flexibility, and understanding. It is nice to be able to help people in need, and I am fortunate to have supportive management.
Pros
stability, decent pay
Cons
government red tape
Excellent benefits with a lot of oppurtunities
Seasonal municipal worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 18, 2015
Mostly busy throughout my day there. I've handled over 500+ toters 5 days a week. The fun was on the road I learned new areas of the city.
Pros
Company paid CDL license
Cons
Municipal workers have no benefits, too political