City of Cincinnati

City of Cincinnati United States Employee Reviews

Productive and Secure Workplace
Co-op - Transportation Planning and Urban Design (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 1, 2015
A typical days work is 8 hours. I have learned how to manage projects that has a large impact on the community and if something is wrong you will hear many complaints for the citizens. Also I learned how to handle to politics involved in working for a government agency. The people at work are extremely friendly and easy to work with.
One of the best employers in Cincinnati
Building Construction Inspector (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: a great place to work
Great place to work, limited room for advancement , a constant supply of task to be completed . Continuing education provided. A feeling of accomplishment at days end.
the most enjoyable part of the job were the people you had contact with on a daily basis
Clerk Typist III (Former Employee), 801 Plum St. Cincinnati, OH 45202September 8, 2014
A very enjoyable job over the years. Over the years met outside clients who were very enjoyable to work along with accomplishing whatever assistance they needed from the department.
A great face paced enviroment, where learning was the most important aspect.
Mayor Mark Mallory Communications Intern (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches, guided tours around the city, and the people
Cons: early mornings, and bad coffee
I enjoyed interning here. I was able to learn everyday from how to write talking points for the Mayor to deliver press releases on time to our contacts. I learned the most about staying on track, while at the Mayors. Everyone I worked with was enjoyable, and always seemed happy to be at work.
The hardest part of my job was the ability to stay biased during hard debates going on through out the city at the time, ( mainly the street car).
The most enjoyable part of the job was taking the calls from the public. This was a lot of peoples least favorite part, but I enjoyed talking to our citizens and trying my hardest to fix what ever complaint they were calling about. It was especially enjoyable when I would receive the happy calls.
Program Leader / Head Coach (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: great to work with kids
Cons: did not have to stand up for long periods of time
Good work days
worked with after school children
manager was real cool
hardest part of job was to see my team loose
the fun part of my job was to win the championship and party with the team
Does not hire
Administrative Specialist in HR/Accounting (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 2, 2014
Cons: will not hire
Hires temps and will to hire people to actually have a career or work a long time there moves people around instead of hiring
Need to Hire nd not bring temps in just to train them and let them go!
Administrative Specialist in HR/Accounting (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 18, 2014
Great company to work for too bad they do not hire just bring emps in for a few months and let them go
Excellent company poor training and little room for advancement always laying off
Payroll Administrative Specialist in HR (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 23, 2013
Pros: excellent conany
Cons: never hirig anyone bings temps in for a few months then let them go
great place
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 16, 2013
Pros: good team, chance to advance, great pay
Cons: working outside dealing with the elements
different worksite daily,great people,great pay and benefits
Wonderful place to meet new people .
Receptionist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 27, 2013
Great place to meet new people and to gain a good since of direction career wise. I loved working with the children. had a great bunch of people to work with that made going to work enjoyable.
Positive, productive, and active workplace. Always things to do.
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 18, 2013
I learned a lot about the Human Resource field and I was given many more opportunities to learn than I had expected. I had a fair amount of typical "intern" work, but I was also given opportunities to learn and grow giving my individual input to big projects.
Looking to relocate
Storekeeper (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 6, 2013
Wanting to move on, looking for new start. I have wasted 24 plus years here with no promotional opertunity.
Fun work in all types of weather
Helper 4 / Structural Maintenance (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 25, 2013
Pros: steady work, good benefits
Cons: work outside
Able to transfer to different departments, the opportunities are there.
Great career
Police Officer/Investigator (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 29, 2012
Pros: learning something new everyday.
Dealing with people was my specialty along with crime prevention
State of Ohio past President of the Ohio Crime Prevention Assoc. for two years. Met great other practitioners from all over the country and attented numerous different conferences.
temporary city job wit a chance for advancement after a long time
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 12, 2012
Pros: early days early weekend days
Cons: work in all weather conditions
received my route and went and cleaned my assigned area. Picked up trash, emptied city cans, cleaned up dead animals, removed tires off the street.
Accounting Technician (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 16, 2012
Pros: room for advancement
Cons: healthcare benefits
The Cincinnati Fire Department is a very exciting departmet, you learn something new everyday. I am responsible for processing payroll for approximately 800 employees. I aslo pay bills and process payments
Enjoyable job all around
Clerk Typist I (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 14, 2012
Pros: flexible days, casual dress code
Cons: paid time off
The City of Cincinnati Department of Transportation is a wonderful place to work. Everyone in my department had the same values and goals of the department. We wanted the citizens to have a good experience with every visit and phone call. Most of my day consisted of talking w/ residents regarding sidewalk issues or road work being done.
Very fun energetic workplace with lots of exciting activities.Swimming,baseball,outdoor park.
Recreation Program Leader (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 10, 2012
Pros: free field trips for the childern.
Cons: no beneifits for part-timers.
A typical day at work was always exciting because I was doing one of the things I like most that was working with childern.I was always learning new things from the childern how to keep up with our youth growing up, different trainings I had to attend to learn new activities to keep our youth coming to the rec center instead of hanging on the streets to keep the kids excited with something to do daily.Management was awesome to work with.There were good days and bad days with co-workers but nothing to complain about I enjoyed working with them.There wasn't really a hard part to my job while being employed with the city of cincinnati.The most enjoyable part to the job was working with the childern and meeting so many different people.