City of Cleveland Employee Reviews in United States

Entry level position in a division being phased out.
Parking attendant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 26, 2016
The immediate supervision is attentive and knowledgeable, willing to teach and communicate to all the attendants. i`ve learned to effectively operate state of the art parking systems and manual systems, sometime simultaneously. A typical day consists of receiving varied assignments, whether on-site or at remote locations and operate accordingly. The hardest part of the job is receiving shifts to work. Learning to multitask several duties at once and acheiving satisfactory results.
Pros
being able to help people in a fast paced enviroment and meeting new people of all backgrounds.
Cons
Lack of shift availability.
EMD/City of Cleveland Ohio
Emergency Medical Dispatch (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 2, 2016
High paced at times, with the majority of calls for medical. Many calls are for traumatic injuries. I have learned to deal with people that are very excited, or freaked out, calming them, and gathering the vital information I need to accomplish my job, which is to get help dispatched for medical or fire calls. I have also learned to dispatch ambulances via radio, how to dynamically station medical units to better serve the emergency needs of the citizens of Cleveland.
Using CAD and ProQA along with Call Works phone system, makes my job easy and efficient. Working with a group of dispatchers, helping each other as a team, advising other agencies, or resources,
in our day to day job.
Pros
Helping the citizens
Cons
Long hours, sometimes short breaks or no lunch
Police Communication Supervisor
Police Communication Control Section Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 27, 2016
I manage approximately 30 employees per shift and have various duties. My job is satisfying and provides great opportunity to expand my knowledge and skills.
no room for advancement
Administrative Assistant/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 23, 2016
answer phones calls from customers regarding fees applied to their taxes for grass cutting charges, inform them the process to get these fees taken off their taxes. I learned from this job the round abouts of the county auditor website and what to look for on your property taxes. coworkers worked all together and the hardest part of the job was the pay and no increase in pay
Sr. Data Conversion Operator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 23, 2016
The one thing that I like about my job is that I have the opportunity to meet the different officers and detectives. It's a great place to work and the benefits are amazing.
What did I learn?
Human Resources & Payroll Assistant Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 12, 2016
I learned a lot about providing paramount customer service to internal and external customers working in my position.
Pros
Great Benefits
Always an opportunity for a new experience
Interim Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 7, 2016
Able to build good long lasting relationships with fellow in employees and management in each aspect of the City. Able to put my degree in Human Resource Management to good use.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Compensation
Negative
Cleveland Police Department Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TXFebruary 15, 2016
No chance for advancement. City did below 3.2% COLA last two years and no raises for anybody. Company does not treat all employees the same. There are zero protocols. City does notice employees. Very negative environment.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Overall it was a fun and exciting place to work.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 15, 2016
Fun to work with the employer which was the councilman for ward 1 in the city. Stuff envelopes, Xerox/scan/fax documents to be sent out to the residents. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I could set my own hours and take breaks whenever I finished my job.
Assistant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 13, 2016
Never had any issues with the job the people are nice fast pace easy to understand i would rec. this job to anyone Hard working people
NO Growth
HR Personnel Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 18, 2015
This management under the current mayor has left us with no room for advancement, promotions or raises.

Low moral and self motivation is lacking. Seems as though culture has manifested an environment of hate and look down on people who have degrees. Most of all, management seems intimidated by educated people and do what they can to get rid of you.
fun working with young people
Recreation Instructor III (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 8, 2015
Love working with young people coaching, directing and motivating young people being a positive influence in theirs lives. Politics take away from the joy of working with them. Great co workers.
Pros
young people
Cons
politics
Flexibility
Fiscal Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 7, 2015
Some department/divisions are flexible regarding time off and other special circumstances. Also, the benefits are very good.
Pros
Very good benefits package
Cons
Promotions are political
The City of Cleveland Chief Sidewalk Inspector is a great position.
Chief Sidewalk Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 17, 2015
I made up the assignments for the day to give to the Inspectors and sent them out.
I gave out sidewalk permits to customers in person or that applied for and obstruction permit.
Gave the Inspectors advice in the field when needed and performed inspections myself for commercial properties that might have to go to court.
I checked the inspections that were given to me for accuracy on their estimates and measurements.
I answered phone calls and returned phone calls along with e-mails.
Pros
Seminar education was high priority of the City of Cleveland.
Cons
More Money.
Government jobs are nice but does not provide much career growth opportunities
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  601 lakeside avenueOctober 15, 2015
A typical day would include dispatching repair orders for Street lighting and security light outages.
Following up on lighting installation projects.
Great Work Environment
Chief Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 13, 2015
Great work in the office. Helpful in scheduling when personal things come up. Relaxed atmosphere and great benefits package. Helpful coworkers also.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Short breaks
Working with the public was highly stressfull
Junior/SeniorClerk (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 1, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The general public was very hard to work with.
Pros
the benefits, the pay
Cons
working with the public
Stayed Busy
Senior Data Conversion Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 21, 2015
A fun place to work but no supportive management. Too many office politics and nothing was kept confidential. I'm use to working independently but this position required all teamwork and half of the team was not there.
Pros
Constantly Busy
Cons
Too personal
Always busy and interesting.
Certified Lifeguard (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 9, 2015
A normal day was very active for the staff and patrons. You learn something new everyday from interacting with so many people. Staff enjoyed working and were pretty much happy. The hardest part of my job was sitting in one place I liked to stay moving. The most enjoyable part was working with the children they were very funny.
Not your idea job!
Facilities Maintenance Professional (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 4, 2015
The City of Cleveland has a lot of nepotism in each and every department. It is extremely hard to get hired and/or navigate throughout the city's rants if you do not know someone and/or not related. The stress level of many city workers is high just about all the time due to managerial wants and needs. You are always cleaning up someones mess or doing their work in its entirety.
Pros
It's a city government job
Cons
It comes with a lot of stress and little pay