City of Cleveland Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Emergency Medical Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 29, 2017
Competitive salary and benefits. Many opportunities to grow within the city. As far as providing emergency medical dispatch, very interesting and high paced working environment. A typical day at work include being very alert and paying attention to detail. Handling crisis situations expeditiously with 100% accuracy. Providing life saving interventions over the phone. Adhering to confidentiality and HIPAA.
Pros
Very fast paced work environment
Nice clean ran place
General Labor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland msMay 17, 2017
I love going to work for the city. They have a very good Inc. And if you be there long a good retirement system set for you. The job ain't hard at. You get to see the hole townand see how wonderful your town is
Pros
Hour lunch break
Cons
Cant drive heavy machine
Job forever
BACKFLOW INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 30, 2017
This is a job most of us would want to have at a young age. I was one of those. I started as a meter reader. And worked my way up to working for the Water Department as an investigator. I only left because I was moving to Florida. Great Job
Pros
Advancement and lots of benefirts
Ok to get a foot in!
Traffic Controller (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 28, 2017
The job can be fun but working outside in all weather conditions and long hours can start to take a toll on you. The pay is cool $12 for PT $16 for FT also the overtime pay is pretty good.
Pros
Meeting people, long lunch breaks, and little supervision
Cons
Being outside in all weather, long hours sometimes
Fun
Cory Recreation Center (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 16, 2017
Working for Cory Recreation Center was a great position for me because i got to know a lot of kids and other new faces that would come to the Center. I learned a lot of new skills and hopefully one day i can put these skills to use.
Great Place To Work
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 1, 2017
The City of Cleveland is a great place to work, excellent benefits, great people, great Mayor. I work in as a Communications Specialist, I love servicing the public.
Fun Work Place And Productive
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 6, 2017
I Really Loved Working For The City Of Cleveland I Got To Learn Alot From Working With The City For 2 Years I would Say That It Was A Pleasure Of Work There. I Also Was A Supervisor For 1 Year I Learned Alot From Being A Supervisor
City Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 3, 2016
I enjoyed working there, the Supervisors, General mangers, managers and everyone to the co-workers were great people to work with. We worked all around the City of Cleveland, doing maintenance, loading/dumping truck ect.
great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 2, 2016
Good place for me to work I enjoyed my time working there I enjoyed everything I did I enjoy the people that I work with the time that I work with excellence
Good job bad mangement
Asphalt Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 9, 2016
Job was ok.the management could use a lot of training about the knowledge of the job and could improve on their people skills which could make it a better place to work.They could also train their employees more when hired instead of having other employees train them on the job without paying them.They also should promote employees for their knowledge and experience instead of who they are related to within the City's management.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad mangement
productive and fun
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 2, 2016
It seem like everyday was a challenge, we never knew if it was going to be a slow good day or a very busy day. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers.
Pros
free parking
Cons
mandatory overtime
Loved This Job
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 15, 2016
Easy Summer And Full Time Job. Loved Teaching Others How To Swim And Being Able To Swim When Ever And Get In Great Exercise. Nice Pay And Atmosphere. Positive Vibes.
Be Careful which department you work for.
Junior Personnel Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 7, 2016
Great Pay and benefits, but the training was not up to par, nepotism, and poor morale. Needs better managers. I enjoyed my job, great hours, but when it come to policy and procedure. It was not good
Pros
Great Pay And Benefits
Cons
Staff is Horrible in some departments
Cool fun work environment
Custodial Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 1, 2016
Really nice place to work. Not hard work, fun people to work with. Management is out of touch with staffing. But overall the job is very easy and simple.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
very dangerous inmates, political nepitism,untrained personel & staff
Correction Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Highland Hills, OHAugust 22, 2016
new career needed retired due to dangerous health environment and departmental ,no officer training or inmate orientation with unexperienced & untrained supervision
Pros
lunchbreak is not guaranteed
Cons
consistent holdovers to rotating shifts, terrible breathing atmosphere, violent inmates no officer training towards inmates & officers
fast paced
Data Entry Clerk/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 11, 2016
A typical day of work for my self begins at 7 am. Mondays are more hectic because i have to scan fax and document time card for over 200 employees. I then have to forward and document a copy of attendance and time cards to payroll and this is weekly. Any other day as well as Monday I have to do attendance for over 200 employees. Throughout the day I assist 3 different manager with filing incident reports any personal paperwork employees need in there files as well an update data in various databases to insure accuracy. All this is done by me while i am performing front desk functions as well as receptionist procedures while displaying exceptional customer service with a professional demeanor.
Very productive
School crossing guard (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 6, 2016
Typical day at work started with initiating all janitorial duties in a list form. Completing throughout the day and accomplishing objectives. Cleaning and taking care of a parish.
Pros
Free lunches
Entry level position in a division being phased out.
Parking attendant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 26, 2016
The immediate supervision is attentive and knowledgeable, willing to teach and communicate to all the attendants. i`ve learned to effectively operate state of the art parking systems and manual systems, sometime simultaneously. A typical day consists of receiving varied assignments, whether on-site or at remote locations and operate accordingly. The hardest part of the job is receiving shifts to work. Learning to multitask several duties at once and acheiving satisfactory results.
Pros
being able to help people in a fast paced enviroment and meeting new people of all backgrounds.
Cons
Lack of shift availability.
Productive workplace
Accountant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 20, 2016
Very helpful and insightful management, who are willing to do what it takes to be successful in terms of projects, etc. I recommend working for the City of Cleveland
EMD/City of Cleveland Ohio
Emergency Medical Dispatch (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 2, 2016
High paced at times, with the majority of calls for medical. Many calls are for traumatic injuries. I have learned to deal with people that are very excited, or freaked out, calming them, and gathering the vital information I need to accomplish my job, which is to get help dispatched for medical or fire calls. I have also learned to dispatch ambulances via radio, how to dynamically station medical units to better serve the emergency needs of the citizens of Cleveland.
Using CAD and ProQA along with Call Works phone system, makes my job easy and efficient. Working with a group of dispatchers, helping each other as a team, advising other agencies, or resources,
in our day to day job.
Pros
Helping the citizens
Cons
Long hours, sometimes short breaks or no lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Cleveland. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2