CITY OF COLLEGE PARK Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Good place for stability and longevity.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJanuary 10, 2017
Most days are typically the same. You come in do your job and go home. Working there taught me how to be a great employee. Management shows favoritism a lot. Most co-workers come in do their job and go home. While others tend to build friendships that stretch beyond work. The hardest part of the job would be, the fact that the council has so much control and power over employees, and focus less on the well being of the community. The most enjoyable part is the benefits, they make sure that you are well taken care of.
Pros
Christmas bonuses, flexibilty, and schedule.
Summer Job
Seasonal Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  College Park, GADecember 20, 2016
A good place for young people to start working with exceptional pay for a seasonal job, A good enviroment to help young have a taste of the working world.
Excellent place of work
Court Clerk (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJune 23, 2016
Excellent place to work very professional and friendly co-workers. Employer care about community and employees by keeping everyone informed.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
mostly hire for part-time with no benefits
I had fun and learned alot
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJune 2, 2016
College Park help me build a lot of skills, gain connections, and I met some great people along the way. The pay could have been better, but overall I do not regret my time there. It was a small organization to work for and it felt like I was apart of a family when I was there, there are cons to that, but I am people oriented so it worked well for me more often than not. Great entry level positions for those just coming out of college or just looking to get their feet wet in a government setting.
Being here 8+ years I have gained a lot of knowledge in all areas.
Permit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAAugust 4, 2015
Supportive management, great team players, work and family friendly environment, meeting new people, answering phone, returning calls, checking emails,direct contact with customers.
Is a very good place to work
Customer Service Manager/ UTILITY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  GAJune 13, 2015
My day starts out at 7.00 Am being in my office reading my emails, and geting customer service open for the day , then I start seeing customers at 8.00Am till 5.00Pm also I have at least five meetings a day one with city manager, finance director, councilmans , and meeting with mayor . I also so work on agenda items for the next coucilman meeting.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Wonderful Work Enviroment
Code Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAFebruary 6, 2015
A typical day at work is going out in the city and enforcing the rules. I have learned being a code enforcement officer is that all people should be treated equal in this line of work. Management is always their to assist in any situation I may have out in the field. My co-workers are very supportive. The hardest part of my job is trying to find violators that hide under the radar moving from place to place. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and being able to keep the city clean and making sure all companies have current business license.
Great place to work!
ASSISTANT TO THE HR DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  College Park, MDSeptember 16, 2014
The City of College Park is a great place to work. Employees tend to stay once employed.
Great starting job, it's improving.
Laborer 1/Ballfield Technician (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAMarch 22, 2014
A typical workday consist of many different assignments such as emptying trashcans on roadsides and near bus stops throughout the City of College Park, pick-up paper around the city, and prepare and maintain Football, Baseball, and Softball Fields. I've only been painting the fields for two years and I've mastered it; also I learned how to measure and paint the fields and repair bases on the softball and baseball fields. They're a great group of guys, very helpful and uplifting. The most enjoyable part of my job is working for a boss who keeps us informed on everything happening pertaining to us involving company and personal work issues.
Pros
We're trusted, free gyms(workout, etc).
Cons
Weather sometimes, Health and Dental Insurance, pay raises.
Small municipality
Clerical Assistant (Contract) (Current Employee) –  College Park, GANovember 12, 2013
Great organization, friendly people, and not stressful.

My co-workers and nice and the public enjoys having to interact with them.

Want to know more about CITY OF COLLEGE PARK?

Ask a question
Company Was Great
Lead Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJuly 8, 2013
Company was great, compensation was great, all benefits were paid with no Co-pay.
Was a great place to work until new supervisor had other ideas on how things should operate and who should be responsible for all negative actions.
Journeyman Lineman (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAMay 10, 2013
Great city, just poor management in the electrical department. Had a supervisor who abused his position and workers complaints fell on deaf ears in upper management.
benefits
Cons
poor comradery
A very productive day at the City of College Park.
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAFebruary 19, 2013
A typical day for me at the City of College Park insists of reviewing and posting accounting data to the general ledger. Review daily cash deposits. Prepare and process daily and monthly journal entries. Oversees the work of the Accounts Payable Clerks. Perform weekly check runs. Reconcile bank statements. Assist with bi-weekly Payroll. Inititate bank transfers and wires. Assist with the Audit and Budget
Overall good working with family
Lifeguard, Head Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAJanuary 16, 2013
I would run the cash register, open and close the store, ordering merchandise from venders for stock, and retail sales. I learned how to operate a heat press and how to use quickbooks. The hardest part of the job would be ordering custom merchandise. The easiest part was operating the cash register.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Productive and Fun Working with Employees
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAAugust 5, 2012
A typical day in my current position is very productive. I am the Director of 1st Impression in the HR Deparment. EMployees are who I work for. I enjoy the one on one experience with them even when the situation is good or bad. End results is whats most important.
Pros
incenative for employees
Cons
budgets restraints
Pleasant work place
Janitor (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJuly 6, 2012
The staff was enjoyable, benefits were awesome and great work environment.
Pros
pleasant coworkers
Cons
nothing bad to say