CITY OF COLLEGE PARK

CITY OF COLLEGE PARK Employer Reviews

Great place to work!
ASSISTANT TO THE HR DIRECTOR (Current Employee), College Park, MDSeptember 16, 2014
The City of College Park is a great place to work. Employees tend to stay once employed.
Great starting job, it's improving.
Laborer 1/Ballfield Technician (Current Employee), College Park, GAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: we're trusted, free gyms(workout, etc).
Cons: weather sometimes, health and dental insurance, pay raises.
A typical workday consist of many different assignments such as emptying trashcans on roadsides and near bus stops throughout the City of College Park, pick-up paper around the city, and prepare and maintain Football, Baseball, and Softball Fields. I've only been painting the fields for two years and I've mastered it; also I learned how to measure and – more... paint the fields and repair bases on the softball and baseball fields. They're a great group of guys, very helpful and uplifting. The most enjoyable part of my job is working for a boss who keeps us informed on everything happening pertaining to us involving company and personal work issues. – less
Small municipality
Clerical Assistant (Contract) (Current Employee), College Park, GANovember 12, 2013
Great organization, friendly people, and not stressful.

My co-workers and nice and the public enjoys having to interact with them.
Company Was Great
Lead Parking Attendant (Former Employee), College Park, GAJuly 8, 2013
Company was great, compensation was great, all benefits were paid with no Co-pay.
Was a great place to work until new supervisor had other ideas on how things should operate and who should be responsible for all negative actions.
Journeyman Lineman (Former Employee), Covington, GAMay 10, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor comradery
Great city, just poor management in the electrical department. Had a supervisor who abused his position and workers complaints fell on deaf ears in upper management.
A very productive day at the City of College Park.
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), College Park, GAFebruary 19, 2013
A typical day for me at the City of College Park insists of reviewing and posting accounting data to the general ledger. Review daily cash deposits. Prepare and process daily and monthly journal entries. Oversees the work of the Accounts Payable Clerks. Perform weekly check runs. Reconcile bank statements. Assist with bi-weekly Payroll. Inititate bank – more... transfers and wires. Assist with the Audit and Budget – less
Overall good working with family
Lifeguard, Head Lifeguard (Current Employee), College Park, GAJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule
I would run the cash register, open and close the store, ordering merchandise from venders for stock, and retail sales. I learned how to operate a heat press and how to use quickbooks. The hardest part of the job would be ordering custom merchandise. The easiest part was operating the cash register.
Productive and Fun Working with Employees
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee), College Park, GAAugust 5, 2012
Pros: incenative for employees
Cons: budgets restraints
A typical day in my current position is very productive. I am the Director of 1st Impression in the HR Deparment. EMployees are who I work for. I enjoy the one on one experience with them even when the situation is good or bad. End results is whats most important.
Pleasant work place
Janitor (Former Employee), College Park, GAJuly 6, 2012
Pros: pleasant coworkers
Cons: nothing bad to say
The staff was enjoyable, benefits were awesome and great work environment.