City of College Station Employee Reviews

Great co-workers/ Horrible place to work
Equipment operator (Former Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: horrible management, pay, and favortism
Only thing good about the city is your co-workers. Everything else is horrible. Boss are horrible. There is so much favoritism. The only way to move up is kiss butt or be a good friend with a boss. I wouldn't advise my worst enemy to work there. The money is horrible you can't even afford to fill up your gas tank after you pay bills.
All right place to work
Recreation Assistant - Work concession stands (Former Employee), vetrans parkMay 15, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: not enough
It gave you good hour but, not enough to live off. Management was friendly and fun to work with.
Place is great, culture of management is rotten.
police officer (Former Employee), College Station TXMarch 18, 2014
Pros: nice place to live, and city has great potential.
Cons: elected officials interested only in their own narrow perspective, "lap-dog" management
For a very "well-off" city, they are constantly trying to do things on a shoestring. They expect "top quality" but do not want to pay for it. A constant struggle to have the manpower and equipment needed to do a job, under constant criticism for "asking for too much."

December 4, 2014

Nailed that. 100% agree with that assessment. The elected council is focused only on whatever personal issue got them to run, they do not care about doing a good job for the citizens and certainly don't treat employees well.

Really great place to work.
Action Center Representative (Former Employee), College Station, TXSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: lunches that we had together.
Cons: sometimes working meetings.
Work in the technology dept and enjoyed that very much.

Learned differant applications, work more with the computer and learned more about differant software and hardware.

Management worked together and work for the differant departments.

Everyone working together.

Learning about the budget, what it did, where it went, and how much each department received.

Meeting the differant employees of the city and what their job was.
working at the city of college station drove me to depression
Light equipment operator (Former Employee), College Station, TXJuly 25, 2013
Pros: got to work with light equipment
Cons: some of the bosses were very unpleasant and very lousy people
I worked at the city for 10 years and was treated every year like was nothing. I worked my butt off almost was put in a stroke and was still treated like I owed them something. Very terrible to their employes
Great city to work for
Engineering Program Specialist (Former Employee), College Station, TX.May 13, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: politics
I can't speak more highly of the many personnel that keeps the City the well oiled machine that it is today!
Family Oriented Environment
Secretary- Human Resources (Current Employee), 1101 Texas Avenue, College StationJanuary 26, 2012
Pros: good people, family oriented, growing
Cons: micro management, no room for advancement
City of College Station is a fun place to work, has some positive things going for it. With the proper administration behind it this city could go very far. Parks department rocks. Lots of good people there.