City of College Station Employee Reviews

hard work with little pay
Meter Service Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 16, 2017
this job is no longer offered through the city of college station.they have out sourced it through a contracting company
Pros
fun people to work for
Cons
hard work in summer time
Overall great place to work
Asst Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 1, 2016
The city of college station is a great place to work depending on what management you're under.
There's lots of favoritism and not everyone follows "one city one team".
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Supervisors are always right
Enjoyable enviroment for the sports guru
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 17, 2016
I loved my job with the City of College Station Parks and Recreation. I learned to manage a facility for the sport event I was working. I improved on my customer service skills. I would show up to work and set up my facility and direct customers to where they needed to be. My co-workers were great to be around and were great when i needed help.
productive
SR. Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 4, 2016
Co workers are easy to get along with. Very laid back staff. Very productive office willing to go the extra mile for the customers.
Challenging and Rewarding
Staff Planner (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 19, 2015
Great place to work. I learned a lot about public speaking, having to work as a team with other departments. I reviewed site plans and did site inspections for Certificate of Occupancy. Management was very supportive. I had the best co-workers we made a great team. The hardest part of the job was having to work with developers who did not want to follow our codes and ordinances, but at the end of the day we usually found a happy balance. The best part of my job was knowing that I was instrumental in making our community a better place to live.

Pros
Great management. A great place to grow personally and proffessionaly. Great networking
Cons
Not getting my degree when I was there
route manager
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 7, 2015
Driving trash trucks to pick up residential and commercial trash cans. Hauled off to the land fill then go help co workers to finish up there routes quickly but safely.
Good environment to work
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 8, 2015
City of College Station TX is a serious place to work.
Payment is due the right day.
They take into account workers needs to establish schedules.
Pros
Schedules are flexible
Cons
I would like to have more hours a week
Great co-workers/ Horrible place to work
Equipment operator (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Only thing good about the city is your co-workers. Everything else is horrible. Boss are horrible. There is so much favoritism. The only way to move up is kiss butt or be a good friend with a boss. I wouldn't advise my worst enemy to work there. The money is horrible you can't even afford to fill up your gas tank after you pay bills.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Horrible management, Pay, and Favortism
All right place to work
Recreation Assistant - Work concession stands (Former Employee) –  vetrans parkMay 15, 2014
It gave you good hour but, not enough to live off. Management was friendly and fun to work with.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Not enough
Place is great, culture of management is rotten.
police officer (Former Employee) –  College Station TXMarch 18, 2014
For a very "well-off" city, they are constantly trying to do things on a shoestring. They expect "top quality" but do not want to pay for it. A constant struggle to have the manpower and equipment needed to do a job, under constant criticism for "asking for too much."
Pros
Nice place to live, and city has great potential.
Cons
Elected officials interested only in their own narrow perspective, "lap-dog" management

Comment – December 4, 2014

Nailed that. 100% agree with that assessment. The elected council is focused only on whatever personal issue got them to run, they do not care about doing a good job for the citizens and certainly don't treat employees well.

Really great place to work.
Action Center Representative (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 20, 2013
Work in the technology dept and enjoyed that very much.

Learned differant applications, work more with the computer and learned more about differant software and hardware.

Management worked together and work for the differant departments.

Everyone working together.

Learning about the budget, what it did, where it went, and how much each department received.

Meeting the differant employees of the city and what their job was.
Pros
Lunches that we had together.
Cons
Sometimes working meetings.
working at the city of college station drove me to depression
Light equipment operator (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 25, 2013
I worked at the city for 10 years and was treated every year like was nothing. I worked my butt off almost was put in a stroke and was still treated like I owed them something. Very terrible to their employes
Pros
got to work with light equipment
Cons
some of the bosses were very unpleasant and very lousy people
Great city to work for
Engineering Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  College Station, TX.May 13, 2013
I can't speak more highly of the many personnel that keeps the City the well oiled machine that it is today!
Benefits
Cons
Politics
Family Oriented Environment
Secretary- Human Resources (Current Employee) –  1101 Texas Avenue, College StationJanuary 26, 2012
City of College Station is a fun place to work, has some positive things going for it. With the proper administration behind it this city could go very far. Parks department rocks. Lots of good people there.
Pros
good people, family oriented, growing
Cons
micro management, no room for advancement