City of Columbus

City of Columbus Employer Reviews

Great colleagues, environment, but poor compensation/advancement
Inspector, and Emerald Ash Borer Team Member (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 10, 2014
Like most local governments there is a wide variety of talented employees. However, with fixed budgets and rigid pay scales one most really enjoy their job and duties. Pay and career advancements are few and far between and weigh heavily on tenure and not credentials or potential of a candidate.
Fun work place, physical and mentally stimulating, open to advancment in work place
Recreational Aide (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 3, 2014
A typical day as a Recreational Aid is a fun relaxed atmopher. Basically play with kids all day. Learn alot working with the kids like being patcient, learning how to get and keep kids intrust, and orgainzing programes for recration patrionts. The hardest part of the job is getting the kids and adults more involved in there recration center and in there – more... community. Overall I enjoy working as a Recreational Aid and working with co-workers who are more like family. – less
Busy fast paced
Building Maintenance Supervisor II (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioMay 1, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: stressful
Various projects hvac areas of government facility's. Building Maintenance, electrical etc
Liked working for The City of Columbus
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 17, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: to many lay offs
I liked working for the City.. But The economy was failing and they nwere getting ready to lay off.
Interesting Work
Personnel Analyst I (Current Employee), Columbus, OhioJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: opportunity to learn many skills
City of Columbus employees are a diverse and talented group.
Fun
Summer Worker (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: the enviroment, the coworker, the hours and the kids
Cons: the pay was minimum wage
At this job we basically assisted recreation personnel and instructed the kids in the summer Cap City programs . We played different games such as football, basketball, swimming and many other games with kids . My coworkers were awesome , very respectful, nice and ood people to just be around , same for the managment. The most enjoyable part about this – more... jobs was that I was helping young kids learn to plays games everyday , and being a positive remodel for the kids to look up to. – less
This was a great place to work !
Golf Course Maintenance (Former Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 19, 2013
Pros: good people!!!!
Cons: i was not able to hold on long enough for a permanent position !!
I worked there for 15 years, really had a great time !!!!! I am still in touch with some of the employees !! I really learned a lot about golf courses !!
Really Physical Job
Water Technician I (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 11, 2013
Drive city issued vehicle; walk up to 15 miles a day in all weather conditions
Required to handle multiple projects
IT Director (Former Employee), Columbus, MSNovember 3, 2013
handling all needs for police, fire, inspection, city hall, public works, and homeland security
w
Temp (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 23, 2013
Excellent benefits. Great people. Flexible schedule. That's all.
Excellent Benefits
Fleet Supervisor II (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioSeptember 22, 2013
A nice company to work for. Excellent benefits. I worked in the Fire and Transportation department. I enjoyed working there very much.
good place to work,very good cmpensation.
construction inspector 1 (Former Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: good compensation, good benifits
Cons: politics
punch clock at office. report to supervisor. travel to project. converse with contractor about work plan for the day. management was ok. my co workers were fine. hardest part of the job was when the weather was bad. the most enjoyable was when the weather was good.
Great place and people to work with
Billing Specialist II (Former Employee), COAAAAugust 11, 2013
Pros: free tickets to events
Cons: sometimes long hours, saturday overtime
Wonderful company, learned various programs related to billing and clerical tasks.
Great opportunities throughout my career with City of Col's.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), ColumbusJuly 31, 2013
Pros: challenging and interesting work.
Cons: civil service restrictions.
Have had the pleasure of working with many interesting people during my tenure in city government.
Extreemly picky and stresful
Driver (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 30, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: very discrimating of a lot of things
Work is not bad but they keep pushing to go faster. Don't consider that it takes time to be as good as the trainers.
Productive, Friendly and fast paced enviroment
Deputy Court Clerk (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 27, 2013
The best part of my job is seeing and helping so many different people and making a positive difference in someone's life. I truly enjoy helping people and knowing at the end of the day I made a positive impact for other's as well for myself.
Good Environment to Work
Parking Violations Bureau Representative (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 12, 2013
Nice place with good employees. Schedules are good and the office manager tries to accommodate you whenever you need time off, whether it be an hour in the middle of the day or a day off in the middle of the week.
Fun Job
Laborer (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 1, 2013
Nice work days
Management Fair
Co-Workers enjoyed working with
Enjoyed working here everyday with good people to work with.
Automated Truck Driver, RCVOA (Former Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 11, 2012
Come into work at 6 a.m., get routes and paperwork needed. Get truck ready. Go out to assigned route and once completed, go unload truck, clean out truck, fuel up truck and park for the day. Come in and do it all over again the next day. I loved my co-workers. I made good friends and met their family members and had good times. The hardest part of the – more... job I think was "Defensive Driving". People out on the roads just did not want to ride behind as, always had to go around and cut us off just to be ahead of us. I enjoyed talking to and helping out the residents that I collected the garbage for. There's a lot of good people out there in Columbus. – less
Worked in the truck shop
Mechanic (Former Employee), Columbus, GAOctober 29, 2012
I did not a problems working for the City Columbus, and would go back to work for them at a drop of a dime.