City of Concord

City of Concord Employer Reviews

Fast paced environment
Fire (Current Employee), Concord, NCApril 16, 2014
Everyday it seems you learn something new. Very fast paced and meet many new people. Enjoy working one on one with the public.
City of Concord
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Concord, NCApril 14, 2014
The city of concord was a decent place to work, it has great benefits and job security, the management was horrible. A typical day would be replacing concrete throughout the city that needed replacing, or adding new concrete to existing features such as sidewalks, curb, driveways etc. Ive learned how to run heavy equipment efficiently and quickly.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Concord, NCFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: low pay
Days went by fast and management was pretty fair. I learned how to drive dump trucks and rear loaders. I also learned how to deal with customers. There was nothing hard about the job. This job was mostly enjoyable but I wanted more pay.
Its the City
Truck Driver/Laborer (Former Employee), Concord, NHJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: benefits
It's your typical City. Very demanding at times. Depending on the time of year. They put you through all kinds of safety classes.
Productive and a fun place to work.
Safety, Administrator (Former Employee), Concord, NCAugust 25, 2013
Pros: good benifits and advancement.
Cons: politicaly motivated
A great place to work. Advancement for the motivated person is available.
It was a nice place to work at
Core Staff (Former Employee), Concord, NCMarch 17, 2013
I was a temp there, but a typical day there was to do mail run, and scan new application and forward over to the dept that was doing the hiring. I learned how the HR dept work and got to know the ends and out. The work co-workers was nice. The management was good. the hardest part of the job was not been full time. The most enjoyable part of the job – more... was meeting new people. – less
OK place to work
Administrative Services/Mail Distribution (Former Employee), Concord, CAOctober 15, 2012
Worked part-time, tried to get on full time but the potential was not there at this time
A family friendly environment set in a beautiful City Hall where all employees are valued.
Network Engineer (Former Employee), Concord, CaliforniaJune 26, 2012
A very good place to work and advance your career. There is a real commitment to a work/life balance at the City of Concord.

October 6, 2012

This opening is for a position with Concord, NC not Concord, CA

I worked for them in the 90's, horrible experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Concord, NCMay 3, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: brutal management, non caring management, uneducated persons who are inadequate for the job.
My mgr. had a 9th grade education. She made my life a living h*** because I was going to college. She took every opportunity to ridcule me, even saying my hair was too long. She had hers cut like a man would cut his.

On New Years Eve, she heard several of us talking about our plans. I had purchased tickets to a comedy club and made reservations for – more... my then boyfriend, now husband and myself. The mgr. then decided I needed to work overtime to do filing. The other 2 girls I worked with said they would stay instead. We then all left on time.

I finally resigned my position. The only job I had ever resigned from.

The City needs to hire people with some college or degrees. They still hire mostly uneducated persons, and it shows. – less

About City of Concord

About the City of Concord: This program is part of the City's larger focus on creating a more sustainable community, both environmentally – Read more