City of Concord Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Very good place to work
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMay 15, 2017
There was always advancement opportunitis in the company. Also good management and benefits. There was also always on going training for the employees.
Fun Job
Recreational Specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAFebruary 22, 2017
I was in charge of a group of 20 children that i helped with homework and activities. it was a real diverse school so i work with a lot of ethnicities. I also had to be really responsible because i had to care for these children from between the age of 8-10.
Productive and fun work place
Utility Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCNovember 3, 2016
The City of Concord is an very great company with great benefits and great retirement. You can also move up in the company to becoming an supervisor with years of being there. I'm looking to grow as a worker with good salary as well, I'm a hard worker an also comes to work on time
finance
Finance Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCOctober 20, 2016
Assisting 80,000 customers living inside and outside of city limits. Benefits are wonderful but environment in certain departments can be toxic.
Overall an Excellent Place to Work
Communications Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCJuly 1, 2016
Good focus on customer service. Good place to work. Management depends on department. Some are great. Others are less than.
fun work place
Park Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 4, 2016
I start my day with the morning routes, thats were I go around and look for Trash on the fields or on the playgrounds from the parks. After I'm done with my routes, I either mow the fields or edge the bushes around the parks or weed wake.
Pros
long lunch sometimes
Cons
N/a
Never a dull moment
Senior Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 22, 2015
Our office is right in the center of the community we assist. I see where the system helps on one hand and hinders on the other. My coworkers make this a tolerable work environment. The lack of positive leadership is disappointing. It takes attention away from what is really important.
Pros
Helping people in the community.
Cons
Unproductive issues on a daily basis.
It provided a comfortable working environment
Programer (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAOctober 19, 2015
I have enjoyed my positive experience working at the City of Concord. It offered good benefit and the working environment was very friendly.
I loved working for the City of Concord
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord CaliforniaSeptember 3, 2015
I spent 40 years as a Full-time and part-time employee, I have met a lot of wonderful fellow workers and patrons. I will miss my time with them
Pros
Opportunities to work with many great kids and adults throughout my carrer
Cons
Bad economic times, personell lost programs cut
This is an OK job, but I definitely need something better.
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJuly 27, 2015
On a regular day we start off doing rounds around several city parks picking up trash using a blower to clear off playgrounds, sidewalks, and tennis courts. then depending on the day of the week my partner and i would either mow the sports fields or line trim or assist the tree crew. i learned how to drive a ride on lawn mower and how to install and maintain Rain Bird irrigation systems. the hardest part of this job is that we are out in the sun all day and some days it gets really hot and also dealing with some rude public individuals at times. the best part of the job is we get our own work truck and we are free on our own schedule.
Cityof concord
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJuly 12, 2015
Decent work days pretty stress free maintaining assigned parks cleaning , trimming , making safe and presentable for the general public.
Pros
Stress free work days
Cons
low pay
Stable place of employment
Code Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMay 30, 2015
The City of Concord is a good place to work in terms of long term benefits and job security. Despite the economic turmoil, Concord had not laid anyone off while continuing to provide excellent service to the community.
Pros
Long term benefits
great management team
ADA Coordinator/ Safety Health & Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCFebruary 24, 2015
ensure co-workers abide by OSHA regulations, ADA, FMLA, any all other NC regulations, ensure all Property & Casualty Insurance requirements were met; balanced a work day to ensure training was up to date, worked with Workers' Compensation regulations, managed citizen and customer claims
Pros
great benefits, longivity
Cons
lots of pressure
Productive and fun
Recreation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 26, 2014
Fast pace and productive. We taught the children how to cook easy stuff and about Nutrition. We also helped with homework.
Pros
Smiles on childrens faces, fast pace
Cons
only 10 months out of the year.
Fast paced environment
Fire (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCApril 16, 2014
Everyday it seems you learn something new. Very fast paced and meet many new people. Enjoy working one on one with the public.
City of Concord
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCApril 14, 2014
The city of concord was a decent place to work, it has great benefits and job security, the management was horrible. A typical day would be replacing concrete throughout the city that needed replacing, or adding new concrete to existing features such as sidewalks, curb, driveways etc. Ive learned how to run heavy equipment efficiently and quickly.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCFebruary 17, 2014
Days went by fast and management was pretty fair. I learned how to drive dump trucks and rear loaders. I also learned how to deal with customers. There was nothing hard about the job. This job was mostly enjoyable but I wanted more pay.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Low pay
Its the City
Truck Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHJanuary 15, 2014
It's your typical City. Very demanding at times. Depending on the time of year. They put you through all kinds of safety classes.
Benefits
Cons
Productive and a fun place to work.
Safety, Administrator (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCAugust 25, 2013
A great place to work. Advancement for the motivated person is available.
Pros
Good benifits and advancement.
Cons
Politicaly motivated
It was a nice place to work at
Core Staff (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMarch 17, 2013
I was a temp there, but a typical day there was to do mail run, and scan new application and forward over to the dept that was doing the hiring. I learned how the HR dept work and got to know the ends and out. The work co-workers was nice. The management was good. the hardest part of the job was not been full time. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.