CITY OF CONROE Employee Reviews

Awesome job
Utility Technician (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 16, 2017
Awesome place to work, but pay was to low to live off of. I would have stayed but want able to make a living off 12.71 an hour. Always had the parts we need, never argued about what we see in the ground and what should be in the ground. Team effort all the time
Counselor
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJanuary 18, 2017
This was after school program where I would work as a part-time I would help the kids with their home work and I would also play different times of activities with them.
Love my job
Customer Service - Front Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXDecember 30, 2016
I love my job and the staff in which I work with. They always try to accommodate me when I need time off. Everyone work as a team and we always support each other.
City of Conroe, Texas
Business Analyst/Applications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 23, 2016
The City of Conroe Texas is a highly positive workplace for IT professionals. Management is in tune with today's technology needs and IT is allowed to increase infrastructure as well as utilize the latest software for our systems. All of these factors allow the City of Conroe to provide the best technological services for its employees and provide better technological services to the citizens.
Great City to Work For
Project (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXFebruary 11, 2016
Overall, really enjoyed working for the city. Often worked with you schedule if you needed to take off. Had a fairly relaxed environment as long as you got your work done.
Pros
Good Management/Leadership
The hours are amazing M-Th 7a to 530p
driver (Former Employee) –  StreetsMarch 13, 2015
Be sure to be able to operate a manual truck

I didn't appreciate being lied to

i didn't appreciate my whole job experience
Pros
hours
Cons
no integrity
Out with the good, in with the bad
Fleet Technician (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXNovember 4, 2014
New inexperienced management in place, no longer a team work environment as it once was. Do not expect anyone to help you, Everyman for themselves with the new management and inexperienced mechanics. Lies and betrayal between management and employees. Atmosphere seems good at first until drama surfaces. I was asked to do things against my own professional integrity. Glad to have the opportunity to move on with my experience. Consider to be high risk job.
Pros
40hr Mon-Friday, medical, retirement
Cons
Poor management practices
It was ok
laborer (Current Employee) –  Conroe texasMarch 21, 2014
Not a great job, would be amazing if they uped the pay just a hair..
Pros
only work 4 days a week
Cons
on call
job management
Heavy Equipment Operator/Crew Supervisor (Former Employee) –  ConroeJanuary 20, 2014
Proficient in both job management and personnel management.
Crew management and supervision of employees, material and equipment through the completion of the construction of job.
Operate heavy equipment such as backhoes, mini excavators, excavators and dozers.
The good old boy system.
Line Locator/Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 9, 2013
I like the work but not the politics. If your in then everything is great but if your not then its hard to do a good job everyday. I learned a lot about water an sewer maintenance. I learned how to run a lot of large equipment, which I like. Working with the guys was really good to because you have help. I worked by myself towards the end of my stay at the city. I would go back but under different management. Doing others people's job for them was a problem sometimes because my work suffered. Only if the people on top, really new what happens to the people at the bottom, then I still be with the City of Conroe.
Pros
Overtime, on-call
Cons
Raises, micro managing, no more overtime.
Very professional work place,
Associate Engineer (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 22, 2013
We handle project from scratch to finish from Survey to construction.
Co-workers are very professional and nice to work with. Unfortunately Texas is not for me.
Pros
Very professional.
Cons
Very remote city to live
Fun environment with great management
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 1, 2013
I enjoyed coming in contact with great people working toward a common goal.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Needed more clients
Enjoyable experience working with kids and learning the process of writing and implementing recreation programs.
Parks and Recreation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TexasApril 18, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of meeting with staff to review daily goals, concerns and complements on specific behaviors.Ensureing that Program Guidlines were being met and supervising staff and kids in a fun recreational setting. I learned the process of writing and implementing recreation programs and the importance of fostering a positive enviroment for staff as well as students.
Pros
positive working enviroment, hardworking staff and knowledgeable manegment.
Cons
extra hours dedicated to special events.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CITY OF CONROE. Our community is ready to answer.

CITY OF CONROE Reviews by Location