CITY OF CORAL GABLES Employee Reviews in United States

Great Job
Clerical Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLFebruary 2, 2016
This is great city to work for, opportunities are endless.
Love my co-workers and Manager, I started in 2012 and I have learned lots of things also is a good place to advance I am very happy here.
Duties
Sr. Information Technology Analyst (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLFebruary 7, 2015
On a typical day I manage the Network, Telecom, and Information Security operations for the City. My division is comprise of IT staff including me. I coordinate oversee and participate in all infrastructure related projects and moves adds and changes. That includes interacting with contractors, renewing software and hardware maintenance, designing new solutions, addressing business needs with technical solutions, and information security management. I'm the senior security administrator and also work as the information assurance officer, I'm responsible for answering to internal and external audits, develop and update security policies, performing network security assessments, and the security awareness program.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
inadequate compensation
a good company to work with
Plans Processor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 28, 2014
normal company, good culture and good opportunities for career advancement
great place to work
Code Enforcement Clerk (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FL.July 16, 2015
It was a temporary assignment, but coworkers are professional, helpful, warm, and friendly. Amazing staff, great pay.
The City of Coral Gables
Code Enforcement Assistant (Current Employee) –  City of Coral GablesJune 22, 2014
Nice Place to work.

Many different cultures to work with makes the job more interesting.

Not one scenario is the same, in fact it is what makes the difference of going to work everyday.
Pros
the job has a lot of variety and keeps it interesting and new opportunities everyday
Cons
the pay for having college degrees is not good.
Good job, Good pay, all good
Parking Enforcement Specialist (Former Employee) –  City of Coral GablesOctober 21, 2014
This was such a great job and being in the sixties it paid well and meter maids were sort of popularized by the song. It just happened for me at the right time raising three children. The Gables is a City so there is quite a lot of land to traverse and over the years we had more responsibilities added to our jobs We no longer wrote meter tickets but anything that was in an area with signage.
we drove golf carts, and they had no covers so we did not work in bad weather. andthey found other tasks for usbut in the summer we went to the local pool for lunch to eat and cool off! A dream job! Of course in the winter we froze so it balances out. We worked hard because that is the only job where they know where you are every minute by the time on your tickets and you carry a phone in case your boss has need of you.
Other than the fact that you were out in the sun all day and we were not aware of the damage it was a great jobfor 13 years and then i decided to go to school and change direction.

Pros
driving around in that golf cart
Cons
when all is said and done there is no where to go
Television Station in the middle of the City Beautiful
Producer, Editor, Videographer & Jib Operator (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLDecember 12, 2012
It's a unique experience serving as a video liaison for an entire community that prides its self on appearance and the prestige of being The City of Coral Gables. You would never think it's a government channel.
Pros
great work enviroment, talanted coworkers
Cons
part time