CITY OF CORPUS CHRISTI Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work for no benefits or pay raise.
Water Quality Technician l (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 10, 2017
Do not work for this company terrible work management and you don't get any benefits or pay raise. Your hrs get cut every time and you can't even make a decent paycheck.
Pros
Company phone
Cons
Short lunch
No Comment
Texas Courts System (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Working for the City of Corpus Christi is like working for any other city government: a lot of people moving at as relaxed a pace as possible to do their eight and skate. If you like to keep up a high pace, show yourself to be a hard worker, that simply doesn't fit the profile. Corpus Christi is the City of Manana -- I'll do it manana.
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
Not enough challenges
Poor salaries
A puppet (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 5, 2017
It's WHO you know to advance, not WHAT you know!
It's all political!
Don't waste your time at this place!
Only good thing are the PTO's
Bosses have their own little "pets", and don't care for anyone else!!!
Benefits
Cons
Healthcare
Low salary but good company
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 2, 2017
It's been years since I worked with the City of Corpus Christi so things may have changed. Pay was not competitive. Work was well balanced. Supervisor was knowledgeable.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 27, 2017
Good benefits but insurance can b expensive. Sometimes there is no advancement if so the pay isn't worth it because they try to get a lot out of u and not compensate u for it
Pros
Stable work
Cons
Pay isnt good at times depend on the job
Professionalism
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 26, 2017
The department is a great place to work, everyone works together. The officers are engaged in professional activities and strive to maintain a professional working environment.
Pros
Professionalism
I liked it there
Sr Garage service person (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 17, 2017
The supervisor there was great the pay was low that was the only bad thing when they post a job they start out on the low end no leeway. There was alot of things i never paid attention to untill i got there then all the other guys look to see who does good and then they bring you down
Pros
Could not accept free stuff
Cons
Could not accept free stuff
Checking lift stations
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 4, 2017
The most difficult activity is trying to pull up a pump when the level of waste water is high and you cannot see a pump's handle.
I have learned to identify when a pump has been ragged. Also, I learned to use a crane to pull up a pump.
All politics
Employee (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 14, 2017
If you like working long hours, not seeing your family, scapegoat for others inadequacy and being hated by the Community then this is your job. The bad part is the jib itself is manageable but the managment is intolerable unless you are a suck up. The management looks at who you know and if they like you or not.
Reasons they might not like you, you have an opinion and it doesn't agree with theirs. never take the benefit time off, lol! Management knowkedge is pitiful. Management accountability and support because the do not gave a clue.
Pros
Benefit time accrued
Cons
Can never take the benefit time off, lol! Management knowkedge is pitiful.
Great!
Intern (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 10, 2017
Love the city of Corpus Christi! The staff and others make you feel welcome, and it is great to be a part of something bigger than yourself. Eco-development is a big part of the job.
Highly politisized Environment
Engineering (Former Employee) –  City of Corpus ChristiJune 6, 2017
At the top are ALL politicians from the private sector that channel work and large compensation to their old firms.

No chance to go up, unless you play the game. If you have no morals and no loyalty to the tax payers, you may go far. Just remember you will have to crush others to prove your worth.

It's all set up to fleece the taxpayer to line the pockets of Consultants. If you have no morals and no loyalty to the tax payers, you may go far.

This culture is permeates every thing and cannot be changed.
Pros
You can waste your life, in a stable job, as long as you don't speak up or do ANYTHING to divert attention from the management
Cons
Soul Crushing realization of wasting your life
its was a headache
Asphalt Laborer (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 4, 2017
it was a stressful day cause people didnt wanna do they job ... to work on being a better manager i love helping the city having better streets..
Laid back
Senior Motor Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 2, 2017
Once you get the job it is pretty secure, everyone just does the bare minimum to get by. Not really much to say, it is a city job which is stable and boring.
Poor management
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 18, 2017
Crew leaders talk down to employees and when brought to the attention of the supervisor nothing is done to correct the situation. Instead they punish the workers for complaining
Productive work place
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 8, 2017
I have learned a lot being an intern in Human Resources department. I enjoy working with my coworkers, they give me projects to work on and complete myself. I can go to any of them and ask for help when needed.
Productive and enjoyable
Engineering, Construction Inspector (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 27, 2017
Work is enjoyable and I am being treated respectably. I oversee several projects at the same time and inspect the work prior to proceeding with the next phase of the job.
Great Benefirs
LOAN PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  City of Corpus Christi, TXMarch 1, 2017
Great benefits, Salary is rather low for the work required. Heavy workload while management has hired people without proper job knowledge and others are expected to carry their workload
Benefits
Cons
Salary
Customer Service Rep/ TRU PD
PD TRU CSR (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 30, 2017
The job itself is intense, you are not always speaking to people who understand the scope of your position. All Managment is very unhelpful and not willing to have your best interest. The environment is intimidating and most employees are caddy and talk about each other. You are low on the scale and anyone can tell you what you are expected to do. Your job description will mostly be " and other duties as assigned".
Pros
Cons
Micro-managed, low pay, not allowed to have an opinion
fun
Code Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 4, 2017
I worked for the city of corpus for 13 years. I was appointed junk vehicle officer. I loved my job. I loved removing old junked vehicles from vacant lot and people's property. The supervisor were easy to work with and easy to talk to. My co-workers were great for the most part everyone got a long very well. My hardest part of the job is removing a junked vehicles from someone that just lost their parent and then I would come in and have to remove their parents car.My most enjoyable was removing the cars and knowing that I was cleaning up corpus
Pros
enjoyed my job so much
Cons
taking peoples cars
Great boss, good job security, good benefits and leave time
Airport Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 14, 2016
The benefits and job security are great. My boss is great amd fair. My department head is always looking to keep the pay and job duties fair.