CITY OF CORPUS CHRISTI

CITY OF CORPUS CHRISTI Employer Reviews

helping kids
Duty Court Clerk (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 2, 2015
helping kids with the problems and drugs tests, hardest part of the day is when the kids are not doing well that we would like them to be the best part of the day is when one of the kids complete the assignement
No pay
city worker (Current Employee), Corpus Christi TexasDecember 27, 2014
Pros: 40 hours a week vacation sick and personal leave
Cons: no pay, raises or opertunity to move up unless you reapply or apply for different position
people with no experience and with no work related licenses are getting paid more than an experience with licenses not easy to move up or none to less raises
Working with all depatments
Resolution Intake Specialist/Lead Person (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXDecember 7, 2014
Pros: group lunches
Cons: good health benefits
Answering more than 100 calls or speaking to customers first hand. I would manage 12 customer service representatives when upper management had to attend meeting or were out on vacation. To always provide outstanding customer service. I learned the whole department & procedure.
Summary
Park Tech 1 (Former Employee), City of Corpus ChristiDecember 1, 2014
Overall a good work environment to work at. Management, on the other hand, would have to work on their ethics within the job. The most enjoyable part of my job was all aspects of it. I do not believe I had a hard part of the job that I ran into at work.
Beach Patrol Lifeguard
Beach Lifeguard (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 10, 2014
This was a great job. We worked 5 days a week, 11am-6pm. Duties including monitoring patrons, while keeping a keen eye out for hazardous conditions.
Working with children after school
Senior Group Leader (Latchkey) (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXAugust 9, 2014
Pros: bi-weekly pay, short hours
Cons: part time
Supervise school aged children after school until parents arrive to pick up the student. Need to have a lot of patience with some of the children to ensure a safe and fun environment for them.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJuly 7, 2014
Good team players, good place to work if you are not in dire need of income.
Decent place to work
Functional Analyst (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXApril 23, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job is the people that I get to work with to accomplish our goals. It has been a satisfying experience.
Department had too much micro management.
Senior Center Manager (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXApril 14, 2014
Pros: nice city to work in.
Cons: micromanagement & unpredictable director; always felt like i was walking on eggshells.
Enjoyed working with the seniors. Management was unprofessional (too much favoritism within the dept)
they keep their temps to long before they hire
Financial Representative (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXApril 4, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: not to many breaks always busy
Good people to work with.Always busy never really get breaks.
Don't like to complain, but...
Utilities Technician (Water filtration plant) (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMarch 16, 2014
Pros: work schedual (12hr. shift) allows good balance of time off to work.
Cons: current management / culture
•a typical day at work:
Prepair bookwork for daily entree.
Make a round checking plant equipmennt & collecting samples. (3 times per 12 hr. shift.)
Run testing on samples collected. Enter results of testing into computer system.
Assist Control room & Lead Operators in any capacity needed.
(Deal with Management's "Rules of the Day.")

•what you learned:
There is much more to water than turning on the tap.

•management: (Current, Plant)
Quote from How having a bad boss can teach you management skills. By Gretchen Barton.
"Being Overly Controlling: Managers who enjoy their status can often be overly controlling. Whether it's micromanaging their subordinates or creating impossible rules to follow, being overly controlling can discourage workers who are self-motivated, hamper creativity and create a culture where all employees become overly dependent of managers to do their job."
This is what we are dealing with at this time.
This manager has been through just about every department in the water division with the same opinion given at his leaving. HINT! HINT! upper management!

•your co-workers:
The best bunch of people you would ever want to be around!

•the hardest part of the job:
(See management.)

•the most enjoyable part of the job:
The satisfaction of knowing you have helped keep your neighborhoods water clean and safe to drink.
(See co-workers.)
WIC Nutritionist = NO
Nutritionist (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: set work schedule, benefits
Cons: lack of leadership, harassment, hostile work environment
I was hired under false pretenses. The management made the job sound really good all the way through the hiring process. No mention was made that the WIC program was in the process of of restructuring. That is to say, they were under direction of an inexperienced, clueless director. Upon starting work there, it became clear within weeks, that there was alot of micromanagement by the director, no clinic supervisor, lots of in-fighting, absenteeism, favoritism (by director) and harassment of other employees. Autonomy and positive input is not appreciated. After a couple of months, I had enough and called it quits. If you are looking for a positive work environment where you can learn and grow, this is not the place to work. Look elsewhere and save yourself the pain.
awesome place to work
Flusher/QA (Current Employee), corpus ChristiJanuary 5, 2014
a place that never get bored to work, everyday there is something to do or a project to work on
Animal Control Officer (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 3, 2013
This company has great benefits and a really good place to work. Pay could be better and need more raises.
Great Career
Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXAugust 5, 2013
Pros: everything
This job is the reason why I want to work in Clerical. I learned most of my skills in this position. The staff was very nice and I enjoyed working as a team.
productive enviroment
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMarch 17, 2013
Pros: great job security
Cons: no compensation
great job security but compansation is very low. management is great but there hands are tied when it comes to merritt raises due to financial problems with city structure. i only accepted the job due to an illness in the family i had to work a regular shift and be in town, now that ive taken care of my personnell buisness its time to get back at doing what i love to do and thats hit the road......
productive work
Technician I (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: low salary
you will learn to embrace the community and do the rights things accordonill.y
Productive and fun workplace
Utility Customer service Representative/HR/Marine (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXDecember 28, 2012
Pros: hour lunch break
Cons: a lot of politics
This was a graet place for someone that likes customer service work.
I enjoy a work environment that fosters creativity.
Human Resources Analyst (Current Employee), Corpus Christi TexasJune 13, 2012
Pros: paid time off
Cons: management
The hardest part of the job is having to carry the work load of what three employees once did.