City of Dallas Employee Reviews in United States

Typical Civil Service Co
Inventory Control Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 2, 2016
I basically run the housing and community services department by communicating with public for their needs for homes, financial applications, Contractor, Processing invoices, and present the housing services to the Dallas Community.
Diverse workplace
Executive/Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 17, 2016
A typical day at work - fast pace / multi-tasking
What you learned - government process
Management - responsive
Your co-workers - second family
The hardest part of the job - balancing work life and family life
The most enjoyable part of the job - satisfying my internal and external customers
great place to work with kids
park and receration (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 5, 2016
it was a fun job to work. we took the kids on field trips, showing them how to become young men. my co workers were great we got along great
Room for advancement
Sanitation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2016
Long Hours worth it when you know you have provided a solution to a problem with a citizen or crew member. Feeling a sense of accomplishment daily.
Pros
Great retirement benefits
Cons
Good place to work, if you don't want to make money.
GIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 30, 2016
This was my first job in GIS. The experience was good overall, and I got to use my GIS skills, just not as much as I would have liked. The management in my team were good people. My co-workers were okay, but needed motivation at times.
Excellent place to work
IT Project Manager/Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  City of Dallas TexasMarch 3, 2016
City of Dallas is excellent place to work with excellent management team and staff. They are professional and treat staff and citizen with care and curtsey. Customer satisfaction is the goal.
Nice Job
TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 26, 2016
Set up training classes, work with employees on training needs, work on six sigma project. Evaluate employees and departments needs.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Health Benefits
Talent Search Program
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJanuary 25, 2016
By stumbling across this available position I happened learn a lot about myself. At the time I had a choice between working here and Stater Bros. The decision was easy, and by far it was one of the more positive life decisions made on my part.
Pros
I was able to help the kids
Cons
ENded to quickly
Diverse Duties
Office Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 4, 2015
I work for the Sanitation Services Department in the Waste Diversion Unit. Waste Diversion is a fun place to work because of the diverse duties. I attend several events to promote Recycling and to increase residential recycling. I have also presented at our Summer Camps to teach kids at several recreational centers in Dallas about Recycling.

A typical day for me includes updating our procurement log to make sure all purchase orders/delivery orders and invoices are up-to-date/paid. I also maintain our Weekly Report that documents our In-House Recycling, our Progressive Waste Complaints and Tonnage, our Community Events and EEI totals.
Pros
Diverse duties such as attending/presenting at community events to promote Recycling.
Cons
I would like more opportunity to do outreach.
High paced environment, well organized, and multicultural
Community Representative, Housing /Community Svs (Former Employee) –  6Bs City Hall, Downtown DallasNovember 12, 2015
A well organized machinery, providing multiple services to different communities in a friendly environment, with multiple opportunities to meet people and situations that required thought and experience
Pros
good health insurance, comp. time and vacation time
As bad as it gets
Environmental Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 10, 2015
The departments are poorly run and hire to meet diversity requirements and not necessarily hire by education, training, experience, or performance.
Loved this job
Environmental Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 9, 2015
I can say I really enjoyed working here. I had great co-workers and enjoyed my manager. The only down side is working the day before and after a holiday.
Unusual items that people travel with an leave behind
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas Love Field Airport Lost and Found Dept.November 6, 2015
Over all the job is a very unique, in it's on way. Always a adventure to learn about the cultures of other people. There is always a new experience. I enjoy the job b/c I am a people orientated person and it pleases me to satisfy the passengers. It just amazes me to see the unique and different things that people travel with and leave behind. I have been in the Lost and Found office since it was set up in 2013 and frankly I don't see how the airport got along for several years w/o having one. The team I work with is supportive as having a work family on the job.
Pros
Being able to come to work and receive a pay check
Cons
Position as a temp to perm time span to long
Large bureaurcracy requiring extended budget and program development approvals.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2015
Meetings and documentation of all activities was highly recommended on any management level position within the governmental entity. This must be maintained on a regular basis..
Exciting
Receptionist / Office assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 8, 2015
Interesting work place with knowledgeable staff and management. The parks is responsible for more than just the cleaniness of the facilities. The coworkers are very polite and easy to get along with. The most difficult part of the job is not having always enough time to complete tasks. The most enjoyable part of the day is when i can assist someone with any concerns.
Pros
no weekend
Cons
short breaks
poor management
Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 8, 2015
no room for growth, poor management, furlough days due to city budget issues, lack of upper management support, required to come to work in inclement weather
Pros
good starter job
Cons
furlough days
Require good customer service at all times
Community Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 7, 2015
It's a fast pace atmosphere. You have to be a team player and multi-task. The most enjoyable is meeting new people daily and being able to help someone.
Pros
EVER ONE WORKS WELL TOGETHER
Cons
THE BENEFITS
Very Political with terrible benefits. Awsome Retirement Program
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2015
I stayed with them so long due to the retirement program they offered. Through the years the benefits, salary, & advangement opportunities declined.
Pros
RETIREMENT
Cons
Health benefits, Self insured
Not so good
Euro Staff (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 7, 2015
Really nice to work with a such a unforgettable personal, overall was good learn new things in life, like set up meetings, help with translation. Good schedule for do something extra like go school.
Pros
Time
Cons
Personal
Very informative to work at the City
Buyer III (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 4, 2015
-monitor projects expiration date and funds
-learn a lot of different information on each project everyday
-we have a good team player in Purchasing
-Need a strong memory
-I enjoy to work with my team as we all helping each other