City of Dallas

City of Dallas Employee Reviews

Great Job
Secretary/Clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 16, 2015
The City of Dallas was a great employer. I was located at Fair Park during most of my employment with the City of Dallas. I worked as the receptionist and enjoyed assisting the patrons that called for assistance.
Professional Environment with Many Job Opportunities
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2015
Pros: 401K, 457, Healthcare Benefits Package, Paid Vacation, and Sick
Cons: No OT pay for salaried employees
The City of Dallas is an excellent place to work. I worked for the City of Dallas for 26 years and it afforded me many training and job enhancement skills that placed me in various positions throughout my career.
Labor 1
Street Service (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 29, 2015
I was in the concrete division and I would have to tie rebar, spread the concrete for concrete finisher and drive a 6 yard or 8 yard dump truck. I also worked with the Excavation crew spreading flexbase and figuring out the grades.
Transportation Officer. Enforced non-moving regulations.
Parking Enforcement Officer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 29, 2015
Unarmed position, learned verbal skills. Writing non-moving citations, impounding vehicles, directing traffic. Motorized and walking beats in the downtown area, as well as outlying areas.
great place to work fast pace
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 19, 2015
Pros: new and fast pace
Cons: long hours
Heavy equipment is my passion learning new things in this type of fast pace enviorment is a great honor. i have a class b landfill license and know how to operate an assortment of heavy equipment
Productive and clean place to work
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 8, 2015
Pros: Learned new equipement
Cons: The heat
A typical day at work included picking up garbage in residential and commercial locations on route, delivering garbage cans to new residents, and cleaning parking lots. I learned operation of the required equipment. The driver assisted me in pick ups and daily duties. The hardest part of the job was the potential exposure to poison ivy and such, and the most enjoyable of my position was the experience I obtained daily from the City of Dallas.
Police
Law Enforcement Officer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 26, 2015
Pros: Money and time off
Cons: Call load
Dallas is a great place to work and the training is great. There is plenty of opportunity for growth. I do not regret working here, I feel that I am a better person now because of the opportunity they gave me.
typical 8 to 5
Water Utilities Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 19, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: short breaks, bad management
A typical day starts with going in to the office and gathering info of accounts that need servicing. Sometimes there's days when you have barely enough time to get a lunch break. Getting back to the office when the services are done and make sure the truck is gassed up for the next day.
challenging yet fun place to work
Electrician (Current Employee), Elm fork water treatment facilityMay 13, 2015
Pros: Good experience
Cons: Bad insurance
I work at an industrial water facility. Most days are spent troubleshooting actuator valves and motors and pumps. There is also a lot mechanical work at the plant. Also maintaining various types
of equipment.
Great Job Stability
Office Assistant Level II (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 7, 2015
Pros: Job Stabilty
Cons: Needs to Improve Budget Spending
Allows you to learn things that can be used and taken with you as you advance in the company or take with you into other areas of your career. The job can be demanding at certain times but it is beneficial. Management is thorough but appreciative.
Would be great opportunity if manager was not abusive
REGISTERED SANITARIAN (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: Opportunity to make positive community impacts
Cons: See review comments
Sanitarians, supervisors, and other professionals are absolutely terrific. The management is severely flawed and abusive. Our unit has lost 8 people in a little over a year and it's a pretty small group; what a red flag! Each abuse and bullying incident doesn't technically violate any laws or personnel rules so the abuse is severe and insidious. I personally have been forced to witness more often than being targeted myself and am suffering from mental and physical anguish. Two words describe the the management and possibly the organization as a whole: morally disgusting.
Excellent place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great schedule and benefits
Cons: sometimes you have to deal with others not coming to work. Doubling and sometimes tripling workload.
Productive workplace and always fun and learning. Able to train and learn in different departments and positions. Great work schedule and benefits. A place where safety is the number one priority.
The department is a good place to work
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 13, 2015
Pros: Training classes in all areas
Cons: The Compensation is not across the board
The company I work for is a good place for growth, the company recognizes individuals whom are doing a great job I would recommend anyone to work for this organization with this company there is longevity.
Productive place to work, leave with a sense of accomplishment
Strategic Customer Service (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 10, 2015
Pros: Nice Environment, Good Co-Workers, Approachable Supervisors
Cons: No Windows in the call center
A typical day at work would be answering phone calls from the citizens of Dallas regarding city code, laws and ordinances etc..., as well as imputing requests for all city departments using a CRMS system.
No Work/Life Balance
Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 6, 2015
Great opportunities to grow, however the work/life balance is slim to none in certain departments. The people are great, but the city continues to have a very high turnover. Executive levels have a sink or swim teaching strategy with very little training.
Politics of a City Job
SENIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 23, 2015
Working at Dallas Love Field Airport for the city is not as glamorous as most people would think it is. I work for the temporary agency of the City of Dallas and it is awful. The city doesn't really want to hire people and there is just no where to advance to. We are stuck in one position.
Great place to work.
Recreation Assistant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 11, 2015
Management is very nice and the city has many of opportunities for upward movement. It is very hard or tedious to get in the door to work for the city but once your in you can do a lot.
Work summary
Buyer III (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 8, 2015
Pros: 20 minute drive
Cons: benefits need help.
Too many managers with different rules. Co-Workers are great and nice. Benefits are extremely costly to the employees.
Civil Service
Communications (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 4, 2015
Good steady work, not a lot of ongoing education or room for growth. No innovation; things are done because that's how they've always been done.
Very good working here
Library Assistant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 28, 2015
The people are amazing and the atmosphere in general is wonderful. Typical work day is a high speed but time goes by fast so it is enjoyable

1 2 3 4 5