City of Dayton Employee Reviews in United States

The City of Dayton, as a whole is very fluent in the foundation of leadership demonstration.
Office Supervisor II (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 15, 2016
While the City of Dayton provided for a fairly decent job work/life balance, the over arching leadership within the City of Dayton lacked demonstration of involved and caring leadership.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Leadership involvement
Corrupt upper management and city leadership
Police Officer -Dispatcher - Bike Patrol (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 7, 2016
If I had known then what I know now.....The policies contradict other policies, its impossible to get ahead unless you agree to be a minion, favorites who are not qualified fr certain positions are put in positions they have no business being, very good pay and benefits, weak union/FOP.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
bureaucracy and corrupt employees at the top and in positions of power
Excellent, enjoyable place to work.
Emergency Operator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 11, 2015
Working for the City of Dayton has been a great life experience. I met so many wonderful people, who I am still in contact with today. There was no typical day at work being an emergency operator, something new every day. I enjoyed working for the public and helping people.
difficult environment
light equipment mechanic 2 (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 5, 2015
diverse crew, lower level equipment, not up to date. I learned how to deal with political red tape and management skills, the management at city of Dayton was a nightmare, direct supervisors were given no authority to make decisions, department management could not make decisions without expressed consent from director of public works. This makes job completion very difficult at the blue collar level. Blue collar were often reprimanded for lack of productivity. This makes for a hostile work environment. It was a better decision for myself to part company and cut my losses
Temp Position
Tax & Revenue Collector/Court Prep (Former Employee) –  taxOctober 19, 2015
For the most part it needed some procedure changes.

Without resouces to follow through to persons that owed taxes, there was no urgency for delinquent taxes to be paid.
work hard
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  dayton ohioSeptember 13, 2015
the job have its perks but the weather is the biggest problem, the job is fun if you can handle the labor, the supervisor is really relax but you have to get the work done
Great job
Ground Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 5, 2015
Great job, can become busy and confusing if not under right management. Typical day at work, go in early and 1st or Second shift Foreman will direct you on what duties are assigned to you. Loved doing grounds work.
Produce and a great place to work. The city of Dayton makes strides to improve workplace environment.
Office Supervisor II (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OhioJune 26, 2015
Great place to work with friendly co-workers and reliable supervision. The supervision within the city of Dayton has being working to address problems with being undermanned.
Pros
caring co-workers
Cons
undermanned
Interesting workplace
Untitled (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 14, 2015
If you're wired to serve people, this municipality is a good place to work. Co-workers are nice and provide some one-on-one training.
Productive for the Police Enforcement Agency and a nice place to be employed.
Permanent Part-time Confidential Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 4, 2015
It's not a bad place to work. The Law Department employees were on top of their responsibilities. I would refer anyone to work there.
Great view into city government
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 27, 2015
As an intern, this was a great start into my career path. I had the opportunity through the SOCHE intern program to explore many of the different departments, which was eye-opening to me because I was very unaware of how they all worked together.
Management support for employee development and the ability to advance based on performance.
TAX AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 28, 2014
Reported to management regarding audit results and determined scope of investigation required to complete the audit, answered calls from taxpayers regarding their tax returns and assisted taxpayers in preparing returns at the customer service desk.
Pros
civil service job with periodic salary review and job security.
Cons
salary based on civil service rates.
Challenging, varied tasks.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 13, 2014
Provide administrative support to a department of 8. Interact daily with internal and external customers. Point of contact for all public information requests.
Pros
close to home. nice benefits
Cons
budget restrictions
Good equipment
FACILITY WORKER (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 5, 2014
Worked alot of overtime, good pay, met lots of celebritys,learned how to do all different types of set ups.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
worked holidays
Fun and different everyday.
Public Works Intern (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 5, 2014
There is no typical workday with the city of Dayton, something is different everyday. Co-workers are amazing and make each day enjoyable.
Public Works
P/T Landfill Clerk- (Current Employee) –  Dayton, TXDecember 30, 2013
Great company to work for. Meet different people everyday.
productive, seasonal employment
Labor, Waste Collector (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 6, 2013
Hazardous job due to sanitation, collection of trash co-worker friendly and team oriented
Pros
seasonl and early work time
Cons
position became contracted out
Environment where you can meet people from all walks of life
Executive Secretary to the Director (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 5, 2013
I enjoy the organization I work for but am looking for part-time employment
Great Summer job to come back to year after year
Manager of Operations, Dayton City Pool (Current Employee) –  Dayton, WASeptember 7, 2013
I have loved working summers at the Dayton City Pool (under the purview of the City of Dayton). The City of Dayton is a great employer and gives you a chance to learn customer service skills, how to work well and cooperate with individuals you wouldn't on a regular basis, and provides a great introduction to working life for those who are still in high school. Working for the City of Dayton also provides the job security of being able to keep returning to work each summer as long as you keep doing a good job. This is a great job for high school and college level students who need summer time employment, whether it is full time, part time, or shift work.
Pros
great weather, beautiful work environment, fun work place
Cons
some times can be hectic, first aid necessary on occasion
Enjoyable
LABORER (Former Employee) –  Ottowa St Dayton OhioAugust 12, 2013
I worked there for 25 and out. The company was my livelihood for 24 years. I was able to live and pay bills promptly with this position. I would recommend this place of employment.
Pros
steady work
Cons
fluxuating hours

4.2