CITY OF DECATUR Employee Reviews

I absolutely loved this job!
Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXMay 23, 2017
The environment was like being around family. Everyone was so friendly and helped each other when needed. There were awesome benefits. Everyone knew they were appreciated. The job could be very stressful at times, but it was worth it.
Pros
benefits and the people
Cons
having to takes all breaks at your desk, stress of the job
A good place to work
Finance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALNovember 27, 2016
Quality benefits, time off, hours are okay. The employees of the genuinely love what they do and have the best interest of the City as their number one priority.
Benefits
Cons
The continual change of who is in charge
fun workplace
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Decatur, INJuly 19, 2016
I was just there for seasonal summer help. It was fun to work and always got to do something else. If you didn't get your task done it was no big deal you could finish it the next day.
it was not very fun
Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 23, 2016
it was not very fun and there are alot on men that were perverts and even the foreman was one so i only for to work there for 4 months cause they said that i was not cut out for the position and i know it was because i didnt do or say stupid perveted things t
like they did i was quiet and i stayed to nyself
Pros
good money
Cons
people suck
Fast paced
Revenue Officer (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAApril 18, 2016
Work all the time. Fast paced.
Learned and trained all the time.
Co workers were nice and helped me a lot. I had a fun time being there and was able to learn and talk to other people
Pros
lunch was not too far
Cons
short breaks
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 24, 2015
The City of Decatur is a great place to work. The City Manager is very progressive and demonstrates excellent leadership skills. As with any company, you have your office politics. Therefore, it is up to each individual team to stay on task and work collectively towards accomplishing the mission of the organization.
Extremely fun
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAApril 5, 2015
Working for the City where i grew up was great. I really enjoyed every single day at work. The lifeguards at the pools were fun to hang around, and some I went to high school with.
Very professional employees.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 2, 2014
Very professional employees. Very valuable internship. I learned a lot about local governments.
Wonderful office
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 11, 2014
Loved it and the people. In a great city with a lot int he area to do.
Excellent place to work
City Clerk-Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Decatur, AlabamaJanuary 20, 2014
Excellent place to work. Excellent benefits and great employees. Wonderful opportunities/
Very good pay and benefits
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 30, 2013
Worked with liquor licensing, transcribed City Council Meeting Minutes and provided support to the City Clerk
After School Enviroment With Children Having Fun While Teaching Them Essential Attitutde Behavioral Skills
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GADecember 30, 2013
In a typical day, we arrive at the school wait for the children to arrive to the program after school and supervise as the children sign in. The children then proceed to either a fun center, snack, or the art area. around 3:30 we have community time in which we discuss what games or activities we have planned for the day. this is the chance for the children to give input on any subject the decide to talk about. Working here I've learned how to deal with different personalities, cultures, problems and diffuse the situation. Just as much of a learning for the children as it is for the staff. my co-workers are great and are always willing to give a helping hand when needed. the children see us as a team working together which inspires them to do the same. I don't really have a hard part of the job because everything is a learning process and patience is the key. What I love the most about my job is the love from the children and parents, nothing beats that. It simply amazes me how much you can affect a persons life for the better.
Pros
experience with children, relationships made, etc
Cons
n/a
intern
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 9, 2013
as an intern pay was minimum but had great employees and very well ran. i enjoyed working here and would have been great to start as a full time employee
Fun work environment
Swim Instructor and Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 24, 2013
Everyday is never the same. You begin to grow a bond with each child, and once its time for the season to end , its truly bitter sweet. The feeling of being able to say that you have changed a child's life, swimming wise, is a fantastic feeling. Working everyday with my co-workers was a family , and we always looked out for each other .
Pros
no uniform
Cons
no breaks
After school program
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAApril 10, 2013
Low budget after school program for the residents for the community. Friendly. Children loved the center. Great staff.
This was my first job in the career of Public Safety.
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALMarch 3, 2013
I enjoyed training and learning how to do my job and how to continue to improve my skills. I have always loved to continue studying and training in my job.
Too many politics.
Heavy Equipment operator (Former Employee) –  trinity alJune 26, 2012
To little oversight and department heads are given too much power and authority. Advancement opportunities are almost non existent.
benefits
Cons
no advancement