City of Denton Employee Reviews

Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  1527 S mayhill, Denton, txAugust 22, 2017
Just like everything else, a job is a job. There are always pros and cons to every position. You get what you put into this position. I have had poorer managers because I was in the US Army.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
manager
best job ive ever had
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 25, 2017
this was probably the easiest and the best job ive ever had. I really Liked the people that worked there with me and it was really easy going and laid back
Good work place little room for advancement. Lots of work with no lunch break sometimes
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 23, 2017
Good work place with some advancement sometimes no lunch with long hours in heat. Fast paced outside work, sometimes no breaks, some room for advancement but only to a certain extent.
Good benefits
Heavy Equipment Operator II (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 6, 2017
The pay is fair, and they pay overtime if it's necessary. They provide good benefits that aren't that expensive for the whole family. The hours can be long for my position.
Productive and nice place to work
Reprographics Manager (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 10, 2017
City of Denton offers great benefits to employees including sick and vacation pay and retirement. Employees are empowered and there is a diverse workforce.
My experience while at a water plant
Water Operator Level 1 (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 28, 2017
Working for a water treatment plant can be a fun but dangerous job all in one. Working with different kinds of chemicals with all different PH levels. The management is more looking for a yes man and im not that. I like to ask questions about what is going on and not just be told to do something and go do it.
Cons
Swing shift, poor management
City of Denton is a very proactive in their approach to their future.
Manager of the Code Enforcement Department (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 26, 2017
City of Denton understands that their greatest asset are their employees. City of Denton is a very proactive in their approach to their future. They take a stand on what is best for their community even when the State legislature goes against the voters wishes.
The city is growing so rapidly that it can be difficult working through the growing pains. My staff is the best ever and I enjoy working with them.
Pros
Very fast growing city.
Cons
Very fast growing city.
Love this place
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 9, 2017
Great place to work with GREAT benefits! Steady work and decent pay. There are lots of politics there but overall its a fun, stable place to work and the you cant beat the benefits.
Great place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXDecember 9, 2016
I worked with great people who were always there to help. If I had any questions, or doubted something in the process they would help me. Working for the City of Denton, especially the utility company I learned a lot about our electric provider, trash service, and also our water department. I had a great relationship with my supervisor and lead. I did have difficulties for about a year but that was because I was still adjusting and still learning.
Work could be more challenging with more responsibility and decision making
Radio System Mgr. Electronics Technician V (Current Employee) –  Service CenterMay 31, 2016
A typical day would be to check your email and calendar for responses and changes or updates, check the radio system report for changes an errors that may have occurred over night, check on radio repair status for outgoing and incoming repairs.

Management style was not something to be desired. Micromanagement was employed which stymied creativity and did not provide for total ownership on projects received.

Co-workers were untrustworthy.

Interacting with customers such as PD, FD and EMS personal was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Employee appreciation activities
Cons
No recognition from management on accomplishments and micromanagement of employees

Want to know more about City of Denton?

Ask a question
Typical Animal Control Officer
Animal Control Officer (Current Employee) –  Denton, TX 76207May 23, 2016
Typical Animal Control Officer.
Working with animals and helping people adopt pets.
Cleaning kennels, medicating animals.
Productive and fun workplace
Recreation Leader (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXDecember 27, 2015
Loved this place it is awesome!
I was one of the camp counselor for the city and it is one of the best jobs ever.
I love all of my coworkers! although I don't agree with some people in some positions but life is what you make it!
This job inspired me to actually work for a city as my initial career path.
Pros
Diverse people, interesting days, best job I've had
Cons
strict, okay management, no breaks
Code Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXNovember 5, 2015
My job entailed dealing with the public, getting out into the community and making a difference in Denton. My direct supervisor was excellent and my co-workers made each day rewarding.
Great Company
REp (Former Employee) –  dallas, txAugust 13, 2015
the agent is great and very flexible and caring about the employees
it is a great stepping stone to get into your desired field
Great office enviroment
Customer Service Represenative II (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXNovember 14, 2014
Working for the City is both empowering and enjoyable. I learned so much about utilities and customer service.
Management is very encouraging and supportive and coworkers are friendly and create a fun enviroment.
The hardest part of the job is also the most fulfilling and enjoyable, finding a resolution for upset customers in hard situations.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Can move up if you want
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 19, 2014
Prob the best company I worked for because managers cared as long as you did your job and were productive.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
customers
Typical Work day
Radio Systems Mgr/Electronic Technician V (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 27, 2014
Check Calendar for work activity changes and updates, read and respond to email, check status of outgoing radio repair, check status of radio system: busies, control channel, handle customer walk-in radio repairs, help with radio installations in vehicles, attend staff meetings.
Pros
flexable hours, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
micromanaged
Friendly and fun
GIS Intern (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXFebruary 19, 2014
Everyone is really friendly and fun to work with. The best part of the job is being able to do a big variety of work. It can get stressful when an important request is needed right away, but for the most part I love working there.
productive workplace
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXSeptember 24, 2013
Watching over the patrons to ensure safety as well as regulated the rules.
I learned how to perform CPR.
The management was good especially to its workers.
My co-workers were kind hearted individuals that cared about their job and the peoples safety.
The hardest part of the job was making sure that the rules were being followed at all times.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that your there to ensure the lives of the patrons.
Pros
half off lunches
Cons
working in the sun
youth/teen supervisor
Youth/Teen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 9, 2013
Responsible for supervising, conducting, and planning structured activities for day camp including sports, arts and crafts, nature/outdoor, and other activities for children 3 1/2 to15 years old Key Responsibilities: Supervises counselors and coordinates activities and special events for the camp Maintains discipline and enforce proper safety precautions.f