CITY OF DOWNEY

CITY OF DOWNEY Employee Reviews

Great people to work with, great place to expand professional knowledge.
Administrative Clerk (Current Employee), Downey, CAOctober 17, 2014
Cons: part time, no benefits.
I'm grateful to have a job. I have learned many things from the individuals that I offer administrative support to. The hardest part is not being full time and not seeing the possibility happen any time soon.
Great Kid experience
Site Director (Current Employee), Downey, CAJune 3, 2014
Pros: room to grow
Cons: budget cuts
I learned a lot of new skills and had a lot of support to grow. I started on the bottom ranks and quickly grew to manage my own site. I grew with the afterschool program and was a pioneer for some technological aspects. It is so great to see your students grow and see what kind of person they will become. I managed a site of 6 staff and 105 students and worked closely with the school administration.
excellent work place
Parks worker (Current Employee), Downey, CAApril 22, 2014
Pros: working days
Cons: not enough hours
My day would start by arriving 30 minutes before my start time,making sure everything is pre set to go for the day, i supervise 1 person,which this person is very young,but i teach him as much as i know and more for the fact that i might not be there one day, and so he would know what to do,and pick up where we left off,as the hardest part of my job, there is no hard part. My enjoyable part of the day is that i am outdoors, communicating with the daily people that admire my work....
great place to work, and people to work with
Assistant Site Director (Former Employee), Downey, CAFebruary 4, 2014
Awesome company to work for a grow from.You learn different techniques for working with children. Very satisfying helping children learn and grow.
Great environment to work in.
Activity Specialist (Current Employee), Downey, CAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great place to obtain tons of experience
Cons: little room for advancement and no possibility of obtaining a raise
Great place to work for, you can be hands on with many projects; however there is little room for advancement and no possibility of obtaining a raise, due to budget cuts.

but still a great place to obtain tons of experience.
Productive place to call work
Instuctional Aide (Current Employee), Downey, CaNovember 21, 2013
Pros: free time before work to eat lunch with coworkers and talk about the day
Cons: healthcare, part-time hours
Coworkers are supportive and friendly, everyday i learn how to handle different situations. The atmosphere is incomparable, it makes me enjoy work more than i already do.
Fun and Prodctive place to work at. Great energy and you feel comfortable
Recreation Leader - Adventure Camp/Wilderness Camp (Current Employee), Downey, CAOctober 24, 2013
Fun and Prodctive place to work at. Great energy and you feel comfortable
Fun work place and was able to communicate with people
Volunteen (Former Employee), Downey, CASeptember 3, 2012
Pros: got to help with kids
A typical day was to go to a park to take care of kids but I also worked a booth where I had to convince people/strangers to play a game at the local Festival. I realized that I have great communication skills. I worked with people my age and some adults. the job wasn't hard at all and the best part was taking care of kids because I enjoy it. I love talking to and meeting new people.