City of Dublin Employee Reviews

An attractive former village, with many close-knit communties & townspeople.
Administrative Support III (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 6, 2016
Dublin City Council is committed to addressing the needs of the community. They've been recognized for a variety of programs, sound fiscal management and services.
Dangerous job
Brad Grimes (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAMay 31, 2016
Dangerous job with a lot of required training. Good training program but field application should be better. Job placement and promotions not equally and fairly determined. Under paid for potential hazard of the job. Insurance could be better also.
Pros
Prestigious position often appreciated by consumer.
Cons
poor insurance and low pay.
Not a bad place to start!
Preschool Aide (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CADecember 4, 2015
There are many opportunities for young (i.e. High School Students, current college students) people to explore options in childcare, even organization, etc. It can just get a little bit hectic at times when staffing changes and certain employees become unreliable... Management team / office and supervising staff is great, though! Honestly loads of fun, great experiences, many opportunities, and they can work with your schedules! Hours are hard to come by sometimes, though...
Pros
Great staff, fun, lots of experience
Cons
Lack of hours, certain inconsistencies at times...
Great place to work that provides excellent benefits package.
Technician II (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAOctober 31, 2015
Great work place. Benefits are second to none. Retirement plan. Provided uniforms and proper equipment to perform job daily.
Pros
Benefits are unparralled
Flexible work scheduling
Intern (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CaliforniaOctober 13, 2015
At the City of Dublin there is flexible work scheduling for part time employees. It is easy to request days off and have them granted. However, it is very difficult to move from being a part time employee to full time. There is little opportunity for growth. Management prefers to hire from the outside rather than promote from part time to full time.
Pros
Flexible scheudling
Cons
Not much opportunity for advancement.
Great outdoor work and good group of fellow empoyees
Caretaker of City Parks (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OhJune 22, 2015
A variety of jobs tasked to keep City of Dublin up to standard. I worked mostly in the Parks division and maintained a safe and clean environment for the public. A great work team and city to work with and for.
Pros
Good outdoor work and good exercise
Cons
If anything it would be weather related, but not an issue really
Representing a truely progressive Southern region.
Sustainable Economic Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dublin, GADecember 11, 2014
Very good community and people. The outlook is progress, lots of solar power generation. Actively seeks a "GREEN" reputation and footprint. Beautiful historic preservation. Targets aerospace, energy and transportation industries. Has already attracted many E.U. manufactures.
I love working here..
Parks and Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHAugust 27, 2014
I absolutely enjoy working for the City of Dublin, I love the people I work amongst, I love the atmosphere, and I enjoy the work I do. I couldn't ask for a better place to work.
Seasonal work. Good staff. Changing upper management
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHAugust 11, 2014
Liked the people, the upper management was never permanent, difficult to get to know them, they were always finding new management
Great place to work everyone is very family like
Maintenance - Sign Shop Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OhioAugust 1, 2014
Make and install signage in roadway,print out banners, install banners and pennants, short line street painting. IMSA certified. Managed inventory, took care of vendor accounts at sign shop. Class B drivers license. Self starter. Worked with only three other co-workers, we were very family like, had worked together for years. Hardest part of job was installing signage on a new roundabout in the city. Most enjoyable was the craftiness of the job. Very hands on.
Pros
high pay
Cons
no lunch, high healthcare deductable
Friendly environment in which the company as a whole works to make the community a better, more friendly place for families and visitors.
Senior Recreation Leader (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CAJune 13, 2014
Working with children at an after school program where we tutor them and assist with homework. We help try to teach the children life skills, social skills, interpersonal skills, and educational assistance. In this way we incorporate games and crafts which separate the school and play balance to stimulate the children's minds and lives. Co workers range from high school to college ages. We all work together to be able to have a consistent stable environment for the children to make genuine connections with them not only as mentors but friends as well.
The most difficult part of the job is the lack of staff. We have been short on staff which makes the program difficult to incorporate games and things with the children. This also can hinder the learning abilities of the children. Overall the most satisfying part of the job is the ability to enrich the children lives and make an impact on then as they are able to grow.
Productive professional work place
Human Resource Technician (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 11, 2014
A typical day would consist of responding to emails from employees about concerns. Preparing payroll, and account reconciliation.
asdfbawefbwfb
Human Resources (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 6, 2014
aefbasdfvbwea;lfo anflohwnafvoiawmf; oiwahfvnoauhfvmawifuh nasfhnaso;ifh amsv;luvnas;ouh auweaheahnvpawe9 wep9fnawep9fn awvaw8fv malg aehug hzighweap98a43wp98ytw[ag8a[g8a[g8 harep9g 8hvapgh8apunz.vjh ape8oght[4ap8ghapwziuvhape98yg ap9e8ghapergh aep98nb merpg hasge8h
City worker
Gas line repairman (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAApril 28, 2013
Certified Gas line repairman. Right training for the job. right tools for the job. Very thorough in teaching skills needed to perform the job safely. Good team atmosphere. Questionable leadership. Unequal pay. Monitored and inspected and responded to calls daily. Customer appreciation often displayed.
Pros
learning a new trade. needed. valued. city benefits fair.
Cons
inconsitant pay distribution. low pay. poor management. dangerous
Gained valuable experience in environmental and office procedures.
Environmental Intern (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHDecember 14, 2012
College Volunteer Internship with the City of Dublin allowed me to view first hand how policy and procedure is carried out in a fast paced high pressure environment.
Great Co Workers
Office Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHDecember 4, 2012
I have learned a lot about the Ohio Building Code. My job requires me to intake and out process all permit's that are submitted to the City of Dublin Building Standards Department. Most permits’ are time sensitive and requires knowledge of code language. My Manager & Co-workers work very well together.
Pros
free recreation membership
Cons
no overtime allowed
Great atmosphere, friendly supervisors, helpful to their employees
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GASeptember 26, 2012
My typical day at work included responding to calls for service such as domestic disputes, traffic accidents, theft calls, writing citations for traffic and making arrests for criminal offenses. I learned a great deal about law enforcement from this job and had a good time doing it. The management could have been better it was great from the shift level but further up the hierarchy things could have been better in the way operations were handled. I would say the hardest part of this job was dealing with the stress of the job and being away from my family a great deal, the most enjoyable part of this job was that I felt a great sense of pride in helping my community by being a police officer.
Pros
friendly work environment on shift, exciting job with never a dull moment
Cons
poor upper level management, and dealing with being away from my family a great deal, and the general stress of being a police officer
Best college job and person can have.
Forestry Technician (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHAugust 27, 2012
work here as a seasonal and you wont regret it. Its easy laid back and a lot of nice people.
Fun Place to work
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 7, 2012
A typical day of work consists of getting setups done, cleaning and checking and stocking restrooms, making sure everything is clean and safe. Coworkers are pleasant to work with. Management is pretty fair. Hardest part of job is moving furniture for setups and teardowns. Most enjoyable part of job is working with the public.
Pros
we can pace ourselves according to our work schedule and whats going on.
Cons
pay is not that good and there is no room for advancement.

4.2