City of Elgin

City of Elgin United States Employee Reviews

working at the pool was very fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Elgin, ILSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: flexable
Cons: not enough hours no chance in movin up in the company
i liked workin for city of elgin helping customers seein them swim and have fun made my day,co-workers were nice hardest part of the job cleaning the magic box otherwist i enjoyed it.
Although a good place to work, no job security.
Director, Police and Fire Emergency Communications (Former Employee), Elgin, ILSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: working directly with police, fire, and fire ems
Cons: political interference
Directed the 9-1-1 Emergency Communications Center for Police and Fire services. I reported to the Chief of Police as a part of the Command Staff. Reporting to me were 4 Supervisors, 2 engineers, 25 Telecommunicators, an Emergency Medical Dispatch Coordinator, and an Alarm Billing Coordinator. This was a 24X7X365 environment. As in most government jobs the hardest thing to manage was the politics. The most enjoyable part was the interaction between the Citizens and the resources we dispatched to meet their needs.
Its home to me
Seasonal Laborer (Current Employee), Elgin, ILAugust 20, 2012
Pros: great atmosphere. team environment
Cons: short employment time
great atmosphere. theres always something different to do. its never the same task day after day. I have a great manager. Learned the use of construction machines and to work with different teams of people. great co-workers. its a dissapointment getting laid off every September. just wished they kept us around all year long