City of Enid Employee Reviews in United States

The City of Enid was going through many changes including the work place culture.
Public Services Director (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKNovember 12, 2015
The City of Enid (during my time there) was adjusting to the loss of significant tax revenue. The community was largely supported by oilfield and wheat farming. Both of those industries took heavy losses in the late 70's. This called for a lot of "right sizing" and (in many cases) asking more of employees than required in the past.
Pros
Job security and opportunity for advancement were very high
Cons
Mayor and Council changes too often, not allowing for consistant long term goal setting
A place that taught me a lot of lessons.
Supervisory Control and Date Acquisition (SCADA) (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKJune 3, 2015
I would wake up, go to my cubicle, then just worked what was assigned to me that day or previous week. The people that worked around me were not computer animators, they were surveyors. That was the only part i didn't enjoy. What I did enjoy was going to work and having to learn new things that I've never even done before. It was quite exciting.
Pros
Long lunch breaks, somewhat okay view
Cons
I was in a cubicle in a break area.
The Workplace
Transit Driver/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKNovember 18, 2013
A typical day is driving the transit bus. I also dispatch for the company which is pretty fun because I have to use my skills in multitasking. The management is ok, at times very difficult to deal with. I really don't deal with my co-workers on a daily basis due to the fact that I drive the bus and we are generally on the bus by ourselves picking up and unloading passengers. The best part of job is dealing with the passengers. I am a people person.
Pros
good pay
Cons
hardly ever get breaks. when you are part-time there is no health benefits.
Great environment, great people
Professional (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKFebruary 12, 2013
The only real drawback is dealing with very unhappy citizens on a fairly regular basis.
Pros
11 paid holidays, vacation days, sick days, and lots of other benefits
Cons
cranky citizens
To political not enough pay
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  ENID,OKAugust 30, 2012
The hardest part of this job was to many supervisors not enough workers and a very political.
work first, family second great for someone who enjoys not being home
Field Operator, Water Reclamation Services (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKJuly 21, 2012
Good day to day work place, mandatory overtime and very little say in your workload. Add/ subtract too many things too often to get into a groove. Decent learning environment but too many mangement members to properly dictate whats necessary daily and whats not. Hardest part is mandatory overtime,holidays, and weekends. Most enojoyable part is double time and a hlaf on holidays.
Cons
working weekends, holidays mandatorily
Great and caring place to work
Receptionist for City Hall Administrative Offices (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKJune 11, 2012
I love working for the city. The only reason I am leaving is that I am getting married and moving away.
Pros
awesome coworkers
Cons
everyone assumes you can fix their problems ha ha ha
good benifits
Animal Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKMarch 16, 2012
It's a job that's it , promotions are not really available and the amount of red tape to get something done or approved can become overwhelming at times.
Pros
take home vehicle
Cons
understaffing

2.6