City of Enid Employee Reviews

The Workplace
Transit Driver/Dispatcher (Current Employee), Enid, OKNovember 18, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: hardly ever get breaks. when you are part-time there is no health benefits.
A typical day is driving the transit bus. I also dispatch for the company which is pretty fun because I have to use my skills in multitasking. The management is ok, at times very difficult to deal with. I really don't deal with my co-workers on a daily basis due to the fact that I drive the bus and we are generally on the bus by ourselves picking up and unloading passengers. The best part of job is dealing with the passengers. I am a people person.
Great environment, great people
Professional (Former Employee), Enid, OKFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: 11 paid holidays, vacation days, sick days, and lots of other benefits
Cons: cranky citizens
The only real drawback is dealing with very unhappy citizens on a fairly regular basis.
To political not enough pay
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), ENID,OKAugust 30, 2012
The hardest part of this job was to many supervisors not enough workers and a very political.
work first, family second great for someone who enjoys not being home
Field Operator, Water Reclamation Services (Current Employee), Enid, OKJuly 21, 2012
Cons: working weekends, holidays mandatorily
Good day to day work place, mandatory overtime and very little say in your workload. Add/ subtract too many things too often to get into a groove. Decent learning environment but too many mangement members to properly dictate whats necessary daily and whats not. Hardest part is mandatory overtime,holidays, and weekends. Most enojoyable part is double time and a hlaf on holidays.
Great and caring place to work
Receptionist for City Hall Administrative Offices (Current Employee), Enid, OKJune 11, 2012
Pros: awesome coworkers
Cons: everyone assumes you can fix their problems ha ha ha
I love working for the city. The only reason I am leaving is that I am getting married and moving away.
good benifits
Animal Control Officer (Former Employee), Enid, OKMarch 16, 2012
Pros: take home vehicle
Cons: understaffing
It's a job that's it , promotions are not really available and the amount of red tape to get something done or approved can become overwhelming at times.