CITY OF EUGENE Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 13, 2016
I love working as a lifeguard and the City of Eugene is a fun place to work with a diverse group of coworkers to grow and learn with during the time I have been there.
An enjoyable atmosphere.
Aquatic Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 12, 2015
Developing programs to fit the needs of a very diverse community and teaching life-skills to the employees was very rewarding. Unfortunately, there was a large disconnect between the upper management of the City of Eugene and Aquatics and often their direction was in direct conflict with the best interest of the patrons.
A day in the park
Advisor and Coordinator of ACT-SO (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 23, 2015
It was wonderful to wake up and arrive at a park full of exciting and happy children ready for an awesome day. I learned how to be patient, react to positive and negative situations, and most of all love my job. Programs were gathered weeks prior for each week in the park and the co-workers helped this experience be even more entriguing. Their interaction and relationships with the children in the park kept the children coming back for more and more fun. The children would even continue to bring more children with them for fun rather than stay in the house and play indoors.The hardest part of the job was the minimal hours provided but playing and creating relationships with the children was worth more than the pay. Just to see them happy was all that mattered to me.
Pros
happiness, relationships, programming experience, and dedication
Cons
minimal pay and hours
Welcoming and fun job
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 25, 2014
Being apart of the Eugene City Team, is an honer. It's a fun environment to be in and lots of team work is involved.
Fun
City of Eugene Program Instructor (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 15, 2014
Fun and exciting work place, i really enjoyed working there.
Great first job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OregonFebruary 2, 2014
lifeguarding, teaching swimming lessons, front counter,

No hard part to this job

all the swimming I wanted was the best part

coworkers were great
Pros
free workouts
Cons
no health ins
I enjoyed this job, was able to promote several times during my career
Management Analyst, Program Specialist, Admin (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 6, 2012
I started as a clerical assistant and was promoted several times within the Human Resource Department during my career there.
Pros
ongoing ways to improve your skills, move around with in the city government jobs.
Cons
nothing really
good if you can get a real job from them
Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 30, 2012
I was only seasonal, but i loved my job and wish i could have stayed. was always more to do if i got my job done early. I was even allowed to drive city vehicles which wasnt excepted in my job discription
Pros
great place to work
Cons
most employees are only seasonal unless management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CITY OF EUGENE. Our community is ready to answer.

CITY OF EUGENE Reviews by Location