City of Fargo Employee Reviews

Great Opportunity
Transit Planner (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDDecember 7, 2016
Great place to get a solid career started. Great benefits and work environment. Friendly atmosphere that encourages growth. Provides endless opportunity.
Work in the Public Service sector
Office Manager - Planning and Development (Former Employee) –  Fargo, North DakotaAugust 28, 2015
Management duties pertaining to City Planning and Zoning, management of clerical staff for the Inspections and Transit department.
Set up, organization, official legal notices of public meetings
Transcription of monthly public, legal, hearings for City Government
Biweekly payroll entries for departments
Customer Service to public with any questions relating to zoning, transit, inspections divisions.

In this position I learned for many different aspects of City Government and helping to public citizens of the city to have their concerns presented and heard.

I enjoyed assisting the public with their issues as our salaries were actually paid through the public taxes and in retrospect this was a hard part of the job as the public can be a very diverse sector the issues were of a very "never the same thing", nature.

My co-workers included other staff within the department and other city department staff.
Pros
Variety of work and assisting the public
Cons
Upset public citizens
LA III (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 12, 2015
I love working at City of Fargo. All my coworkers were great, very supportive and always there when you need em. I worked at Library. I don't have anything negative to say and this has absolutely one of my best jobs thus far.
Pros
Great culture, helpful coworkers
Cons
not a lot of on-job training
Great People, Fun atmosphere
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 21, 2014
A day at work for the City of Fargo consisted of various maintenance tasks including cleaning around the water treatment facility, mulching, snipping junipers, and mowing the lawns on the grounds of the water treatment facility. Also, each week myself and another co-worker were responsible for mowing and upkeeping the water towers in Fargo. The atmosphere at the water treatment facility was electric. Co-workers were humorous and diligent in their duties.