CITY OF FONTANA Employee Reviews in United States

good job if you like children
Community service assistant (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CA 92335May 29, 2016
typical day are quite unpredictable, many co worker are not following rules and kinda hard to work together , maybe because they are young people and students.
Pros
work with children and can play games
Cons
no benefits
Productive, positive, fun, great atmosphere, flexible
SENIOR COMMUNITY SERVICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAMay 7, 2016
City of Fontana is a great place to start out in. Very flexible with school and where you can grow and gain the skills you need to be successful in the future.
Pros
fun, flexible, positive, caring bosses
Cons
part-time, at-will, no benefits, limited hours a week
Great Place to work
Office Engineer / Construction Inspector (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAMay 3, 2016
A great working environment. A lot of deadlines to be met. A very professional company. Very team oriented. A lot of training opportunities.
Exciting place to work
Secretary of Community Development (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAOctober 6, 2015
A typical day would be multitasking by doing more than one job at a time, as I enjoyed doing more jobs at one time, that is who I am, I enjoy being busy. I have learned so much working for this city that I am able to take with me to other jobs.

I worked for several management from different departments; there were some very easy to work for and some not so easy, so I would learn what they like and dont like so it would make my job easier for the ones that are not so easy to work for, I always believed you don't have to like each other in the work place, but just as long as we can work together to get the job done.

I kept my socializing to minimal because I was so busy concentrating on my job at hand and the public of the city. As I am ahard worker and enjoy keeping busy for what the company hires me to do, and if I have some time in between I would socialize for a brief moment, because I always still like to keep a good repor with others it makes it good to work together at times. My co-workers understood my priorties.

The hardest part of the job was not being able to assist some of the public with their concerns.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist someone and seeing them happy after!
These job was very rewarding being able to work with kids and helping the community.
Community Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CASeptember 28, 2015
Good management, good work environment, and supportive team members. You become more active in the Fontana environment, and learn more about the programs they have available.
Pros
It being a customer service job.
Cons
No growth, and stability.
Great work environment
Community Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CASeptember 9, 2015
The City of Fontana is a great place to be employed. I only worked for the Summer Camps but the city really takes care of their staff.
Great job for just out of college
Fontana After School Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 30, 2015
I learned that this is a great job for someone in work transition, not someone who is looking to advance. This city hires so many part time staff, but not many full time staff.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay
It's a hit or miss
After School Community Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJuly 30, 2015
I'm sure that depending on what department you work for, things could be different. I was part of the Community Services department and the After School Program was not the most encouraging environment to work in, especially since it was always being threatened to close down at the end of the school year. The staff usually made me feel like I was on my own too; I felt like there was a huge lack of support and a huge lack of community so much that I will never work in an after school program again anywhere.
Pros
late hours
Cons
lack of team work, fixed hours, rules are always being bent, 40:1 class ratios depending on school site
Chilled for a little job on the side
COMMUNITY SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJuly 3, 2015
I worked out of the senior center which consist of daily complaints (most seniors are never satisfied) but nothing to major. You get to know a lot of them and grow friendships. Management really needs to learn and take the time to know how to run the building.
Pros
off holidays and weekeneds
Cons
the center is closed for 2 weeks during christmas and no pay
Fun environment and great growth opportunities!
Fontana After School Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJune 8, 2015
excellent for part time as well as long term growth seekers. many young people choose to make this a summer job due to the work experience and valuable job learning available.
Community service assistant (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 28, 2015
The city of Fontana is a great place to work specially if you have a busy schedule with school or another job, they try working around your schedule most of the time.
Fun place to work at
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 14, 2015
I love working here for the city of Fontana. Great people and fun working events with the children as well. Everyone is like a family and we work together well.
Pros
With the communuity
Cons
only part time
Great place to work at while going to college
Sr. Community Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAFebruary 6, 2015
The best part about working for the City of Fontana is seeing the smiles on a residents face.

There is always something to do everyday.
Pros
good for college student
Cons
there needs to be better management to help staff grow.
A great first job for anyone who loves the water.
Assistant Pool Manager at the Heritage Pool Center (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAJanuary 10, 2015
Great first job for any teen. Tanning, swimming, watching peoples' lives... it is fun, and serious all the same.
Fun work enviroment
After School Community Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAOctober 12, 2014
Everyday you get greeted by 100 students and eveyday you impact their lives. its a fun enviroment with amazing people who have share the same passion
Fun
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAMay 19, 2014
Lots to do, Great customer service. Great pay for a summer job
Fun and very upbeat
Senior Community Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jessie Turner Health and Fitness CenterMay 18, 2014
Work days can either be busy or slow. I learned a lot of patience and communication skills. Management is very professional and easy to talk too. Co-workers are fun to be around. Most enjoyable part is seeing the customers smile.
Serving the Community day by day
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CADecember 10, 2013
With a team of five more members we served 90 students offering quality programming through recreational activities such as:

Enrichments - Clubs
Homework Assistance
Wellness Fitness
Arts and Crafts
Computer and Library

Build and maintain strong relationships with students, parents, teachers, and all school staff, to ensure the student's success.
Section Manager lack of experience.
Senior Associate Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 22, 2013
Poor Department Management. We worked 10-40 hrs/per week.
Peers are great and easy to get along. Engineering manager are not engineer and has no knowledge of the technical engineering and making it hard for decision making.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management
fun work place
Assist Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAJune 20, 2013
not a very stable job. But its great for those who attend school. They're very flexible with work scheduling

4.5