City of Fort Lauderdale, FL Employee Reviews

Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 25, 2017
Working for the city of Fort Lauderdale was a great experience. I started working there right after high school. The knowledge and skills that I learned there are many. From data entry to how the water treatment system works to drafting skills. In 2003-2005 I was on a team that was working on implementing a new computer program that would GPS all of the underground utilities. I was learning how to use the program when I moved to central Florida. There are many great opportunities available for all employees.
This company allowed me to move up
Engineering inspector I (Current Employee) –  Fort LauderdaleJuly 17, 2017
A family oriented environment help me advance with my experience on all levels from labor to inspector all my co-workers are like family members and mentors
Pros
Retirement plan
Health imformative
Summer Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJune 22, 2017
We worked with alot of different kids of many different cultures; and also with those kids there are parents we could relate to, so that we could relate to many different types of people
Pros
Fun with kids
Cons
To short
Horrible Management/Organization
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Transportation and Mobility DepartmentMay 20, 2017
Terrible management. No leadership, communication, responsibility. The only thing people will do, especially management, is try to get out of doing any actual work.
Pros
Cons
Mostly all of it
Good place towork
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 28, 2017
A good place to wrk. With good benefits and lots of events to attend. They even have a picnic each and every year. I have worked there for 28 years now.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No cafeteria