City of Fort Lauderdale

City of Fort Lauderdale Employer Reviews

Great
Life guard (Former Employee), Columbus, GAApril 17, 2014
This was my summer job while I was in high school it was very good, and made good money for a high schooler
Real Estate Intern (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 16, 2013
While I thought I would be receiving more work, I learned a great amount from the office. Real Estate is not something I would like to do when I am older, but I learned how to analyze documents for the information I needed. The staff was outstanding, helping me throughout my daily obligations.
Fun Workplace
Assistant Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 16, 2013
Pros: meeting new people, gaining love of the campers
Cons: the summer being over
A typical day consists of waiting for all campers to arrive, starting arts and crafts projects or whatever was prepared for that day. I learned a lot of patience while working with the campers. Management works with you in every way possible. Whether that's advice or help with a project. My co-workers and I got along well and we enjoyed working together. – more... The hardest part of the job was leaving the campers everyday. The most enjoyable part was knowing I'd see them the next day. – less
Poorly managed goverment agenvy
Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 14, 2013
Pros: bad
Pros: Good salary, benefits and compensation
Cons: Poor management, bad planning and poor career, development and continuing education opportunities
Great place to work, friendly co-workers.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FloridaAugust 5, 2013
Fast-paced office environment, great team spirit, fun environment.
Office and Comprenhensive Planning
OFFICE OF COMMUNITY & COMPREHENSIVE PLANNING (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 8, 2013
A typical day was to distribute interoffice and regular correspondence, purchased and distributed all supplies throughout the office and worked with accounts payable. Answered lines for the managers and keep them aware about any situation that could happen in any of the cities. Informed inspectors of any call from the commissioners office.
Interesting environment
Planner II (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 26, 2013
This job provided an excellent opportunity to exercise my planning skills. Most co-workers are friendly, knowledgeable, team oriented, and would provide any assistance to a teammate. Hardest part of the job is the amount of workflow. It's a challange to manage if there is a lapse in your software abilities. However, the most enjoyable part of the job – more... was learning these new skills and formally exercising my planning knowledge when meeting with other planning professionals. – less
Phone and Network Support
Network Technical Support (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: first shift, time management
PBX phone system configuration;
Phone setup to match user's location
PBX subsystem availability
Network cabling setup
Network IP setup
Faced paced and varied job functions.
Parking Enforcement Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 13, 2012
Pros: the job is faced paced and i like that.
Cons: dealing with the angry public sometimes.
I have learned how to use various equipment while working with the City (i.e 2 way radios, booting equipment) The job has put me in contact with many people of the community. I have worked city events, directing traffic, writing parking citations, and patrolling city parks.
Fun place to work.
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Lauderdale Lakes, FLApril 3, 2012
This was a job that i enjoyed the most. The staff was so humorus and together so there were never any mishaps. When one individual was struggling we quickly gathered together and aided the individual. The goal of the staff was to make sure everyone was able to complete their tasks everyday.