City of Fort Lauderdale Employee Reviews

review
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 12, 2016
decent place to work, good people, management has a lot to learn, typical government job, creme does not float to the top, people tend to get promoted to the height of their incompetence
great place to work in.
Environmental Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 10, 2016
Extremely great atmosphere to work in. I have a great manager. Extremely fair manager. Great possibilities for advancement.
Lifeguarding Experience
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 11, 2015
Back when i was a lifeguard a typical day at work involved myself opening up the pool with each start of the day at 6:30am and setting up everything necessary to get the day started. In this particular job I learned that you must pay attention to detail at all times. It only takes a split second for things to go from good to bad. Management was overall very easy to work with as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was making sure that i prevented as many injuries as i could but that also made it the most enjoyable part. Knowing that I was keeping accidents away from a certain situation yet also knowing what to do in the event something happen left me with a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.
My experience as an after school care counselor
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 13, 2015
Good Day, I have been working with the city of fortlauderdale parks and recreation for 9 years. I really enjoy coming to work early to get things organize before the kids get there. I try to create time managements projects. For example, I set up a plan that says from 2pm-3pm is homework time. Then from 3pm-3:30pm snack time. Next, from 3:30- 4:30pm outside play including kickball, playground, and basketball. From 4:30-5:30 indoor organize activities such as arts and crafts, connect four, and mancala. At 5:30 settle down time getting reading for parents to pick up kids. I really enjoy my job alot that time just goes by so fast. I have seen alot of growth in myself when it comes to working with the kids. I have become so good at communicating to parents about upcoming events and their child growth.My co-workers are family to me. Me and my co-workers have that great communication skills and respect for one another. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to be a mentor to the children. Seeing the kids enjoy coming to the park and having fun and being comfortable to talk to the counselor are so delighting. I really love my job. The pay is not really that good but the job itself is worth it.
Pros
the job is very enjoyable, you can always stay on payroll
Cons
not enough hours, not enough pay
Information Technology Internship (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 7, 2015
Fun

Landscape's
Envy...
Productive and Fun workplace
Counselor I, Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 24, 2015
Working with the City of Fort Lauderdale in the Parks and Recreation is a great fun job i enjoy doing it. the co-workers are nice people that are fun to be around. We have about 85-90 every year, they love coming and we enjoy having them. we offer sport, Art, Dance, help with homework if needed. the hardest part of this job is probably trying to remember all the kids name but its gets easy over time.
Great place to start with
Event Worker (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 30, 2015
Great people to work with and most of all I enjoyed interacting with guest and helped them about their concerns. I have also developed my self-confidence and handled pressures in the fast-paced environment.
Fun environment to work
Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 12, 2015
The most enjoyable part of working with the city, is that everyone you work with is like family.We work as a team to get the job done and to make sure that our customer is satisfied
Pros
Downtime during lunch, relaxing
Cons
Benefits not for part-timers
independent work environment
Parking Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 22, 2015
Issue an average of 30 citations during an 8 hour shift. average work environment. Nice group of PES's , I work the overnight shift so we deal with a big variety of personalities.
benefits
Poor job culture
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 20, 2015
Would only recommend if its last resort. Lack of interest in employees, low salaries, questionable hiring and promotion activities.

Want to know more about City of Fort Lauderdale?

Ask a question
Excellant municipality to work for.
Manager of Facilities (Current Employee) –  Fort LauderdaleApril 3, 2015
Tremendous, well run City with outstanding leadership.
Progressive.
Neighbor oriented.
Great benefits.
Positive work environment.
Opportuinities for growth.
Pros
collaborative environment
Great WorkSpace
Specialty Instructor (Drum) (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 19, 2015
Loved working for the city of fort lauderdale. Great team of workers and management. Loved the fact that the staff is like family and we all look out for one another.
Good learning experience
Environmental Chemist/QAO (Former Employee) –  Oakland Park FloridaOctober 9, 2014
Day work only, but required to work some weekends and holidays. good place to learn bench chemistry. All co-workers great to work with.
Summer Summer Time all Fun
Day Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 4, 2014
Get onto the campsite, count your campers, plan activities. I learned how to deal with children and having patience. Management was awesome, co-workers a bunch of teens working together fun, fun, fun... Hardest part is having a major role of responsibilities dealing with children and making sure they are safe and leaving the way their parents dropped them off. Most enjoyable part is playing with the kids.
Project Specialist
Temp Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 24, 2014
Intake fax permits, input customer information into database, process credit card transactions
Great
Life guard (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 17, 2014
This was my summer job while I was in high school it was very good, and made good money for a high schooler
Real Estate Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 16, 2013
While I thought I would be receiving more work, I learned a great amount from the office. Real Estate is not something I would like to do when I am older, but I learned how to analyze documents for the information I needed. The staff was outstanding, helping me throughout my daily obligations.
Fun Workplace
Assistant Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 16, 2013
A typical day consists of waiting for all campers to arrive, starting arts and crafts projects or whatever was prepared for that day. I learned a lot of patience while working with the campers. Management works with you in every way possible. Whether that's advice or help with a project. My co-workers and I got along well and we enjoyed working together. The hardest part of the job was leaving the campers everyday. The most enjoyable part was knowing I'd see them the next day.
Pros
meeting new people, gaining love of the campers
Cons
the summer being over
Poorly managed goverment agenvy
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 14, 2013
Pros: Good salary, benefits and compensation
Cons: Poor management, bad planning and poor career, development and continuing education opportunities
bad
Great place to work, friendly co-workers.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FloridaAugust 5, 2013
Fast-paced office environment, great team spirit, fun environment.

4.3