City of Fort Lauderdale Employee Reviews

Very Fun Experience
Camp Counselor/Coach (Former Employee) –  Oakland Park, FLJune 30, 2017
I LOVED WORKING FOR THE CITY !! My passion is to work with children so that opportunity was just amazing the kids at the camp I worked at loved me just as much as I loved them . Fun indoor and outdoor activities & lots of fun field trips. I hope to get back with that job permanently when I worked there it was for work force one as a summer job.
Good place of employment
Clerk III/Contractor Administrator (Current Employee) –  Parks and RecreationJune 29, 2017
Receive and review the entire City mowing contracts and review and communicate with Inspector, as well as various other duties
Processing bills, overseeing Irrigation Inventory, etc.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Ability to move up are non-existing for exisiting employees
Stable and pleasant
Parks Sustainability Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312June 28, 2017
I enjoy working with the City. I interact with citizens on a regular basis and do productive sustainable work. There is no micro management; allows you to expand on your own.
Balancing weekends work and family is a bit tough but part of the job.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Growing tasks
Diversity
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 11, 2017
It is hard to write a review about a place where every department is managed differently, and the workplace culture is also different. It is not even the same for employees who have been with the city for over 15 years compare to the new ones or those that started 10 years ago. Not even the benefits are the same.
Politics
Project Coordinator / Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 1, 2017
A lot of politics that's all there is I really don't want to talk about it. It's you typical Gov type work that has a lot of politics. Not for the faint of heart
fulfilling place to work
Sustainability Coordinator (Administrative Aide) (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 20, 2017
No better place to work in the area. Most management care about the city, its citizens and the employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing your time was spent attempting to serve your community.
Great place to grow
Technical Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 19, 2017
helpdesk support for 172 users that were incredible good to work for, I learned how to work the helpdesk and gained the ability to manage how to decipher and issue within the first few minutes of helping a user,
The City promotes building community with the neighbors.
Event Worker (Project Coordinator) (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 1, 2017
Management styles differ between agencies so your ability to provide constructive input may differ especially in temporary and part-time positions.
water safety instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 31, 2016
I honestly prefer different cities . Its not really the city , its the bosses that make you not wanna work there . I went to about 4 different locations to get away from one boss.
Forward Thinking
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 7, 2016
The work is highly demanding yet also challenging and rewarding. It is a great place to develop skills and learn one's limits, however the work life balance can be difficult to manage.
Pros
Forward thinking/ progressive
Cons
Can be a little overwhelming at times
review
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 12, 2016
decent place to work, good people, management has a lot to learn, typical government job, creme does not float to the top, people tend to get promoted to the height of their incompetence
great place to work in.
Environmental Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 10, 2016
Extremely great atmosphere to work in. I have a great manager. Extremely fair manager. Great possibilities for advancement.
Lifeguarding Experience
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 11, 2015
Back when i was a lifeguard a typical day at work involved myself opening up the pool with each start of the day at 6:30am and setting up everything necessary to get the day started. In this particular job I learned that you must pay attention to detail at all times. It only takes a split second for things to go from good to bad. Management was overall very easy to work with as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was making sure that i prevented as many injuries as i could but that also made it the most enjoyable part. Knowing that I was keeping accidents away from a certain situation yet also knowing what to do in the event something happen left me with a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.
My experience as an after school care counselor
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 13, 2015
Good Day, I have been working with the city of fortlauderdale parks and recreation for 9 years. I really enjoy coming to work early to get things organize before the kids get there. I try to create time managements projects. For example, I set up a plan that says from 2pm-3pm is homework time. Then from 3pm-3:30pm snack time. Next, from 3:30- 4:30pm outside play including kickball, playground, and basketball. From 4:30-5:30 indoor organize activities such as arts and crafts, connect four, and mancala. At 5:30 settle down time getting reading for parents to pick up kids. I really enjoy my job alot that time just goes by so fast. I have seen alot of growth in myself when it comes to working with the kids. I have become so good at communicating to parents about upcoming events and their child growth.My co-workers are family to me. Me and my co-workers have that great communication skills and respect for one another. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to be a mentor to the children. Seeing the kids enjoy coming to the park and having fun and being comfortable to talk to the counselor are so delighting. I really love my job. The pay is not really that good but the job itself is worth it.
Pros
the job is very enjoyable, you can always stay on payroll
Cons
not enough hours, not enough pay
Information Technology Internship (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 7, 2015
Fun

Landscape's
Envy...
Productive and Fun workplace
Counselor I, Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 24, 2015
Working with the City of Fort Lauderdale in the Parks and Recreation is a great fun job i enjoy doing it. the co-workers are nice people that are fun to be around. We have about 85-90 every year, they love coming and we enjoy having them. we offer sport, Art, Dance, help with homework if needed. the hardest part of this job is probably trying to remember all the kids name but its gets easy over time.
Great place to start with
Event Worker (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 30, 2015
Great people to work with and most of all I enjoyed interacting with guest and helped them about their concerns. I have also developed my self-confidence and handled pressures in the fast-paced environment.
Fun environment to work
Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 12, 2015
The most enjoyable part of working with the city, is that everyone you work with is like family.We work as a team to get the job done and to make sure that our customer is satisfied
Pros
Downtime during lunch, relaxing
Cons
Benefits not for part-timers
independent work environment
Parking Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 22, 2015
Issue an average of 30 citations during an 8 hour shift. average work environment. Nice group of PES's , I work the overnight shift so we deal with a big variety of personalities.
benefits
Poor job culture
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 20, 2015
Would only recommend if its last resort. Lack of interest in employees, low salaries, questionable hiring and promotion activities.