City of Fort Worth Employee Reviews

Job was okay at times, but some of the staff were not helpful
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 9, 2017
busy work day
learned how to not ask too many questions of the wrong people
some managers were hardly around
culture needed more balance
hardest part of the job was dealing with harrassment
most enjoyable part of the job were the customers
Pros
Customers
Cons
Some staff not willing to cross train
Overall a good place to work.
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 3, 2017
My tenure with the Fort Worth Police Department had its ups and downs. Starting out the pay is not that great and the academy was terrible. One you are out of the academy it gets better. The pay automatically goes up and the work is new, fun and exciting. It had its downs though due to the city changing our benefits without notice. I agreed to sign up and receive a certain benefit that was taken from me without notice. Management from the top is also not that great. The people in charge are out of touch with what actually happens "in the trenches" and some of the expectations are not realistic. If you get into any sort of trouble, you are treated terrible and as an outcast. The work can cause you to overlook a lot of the bad things though. I ultimately left due to the recent climate with the public towards the Police and not enjoying the work any longer. I was not enjoying it any longer, I guess the bad started to outweigh the work. Overall it really is a decent Department to work for. Especially compared to other agencies.
Relaxed work environment
Senior Account Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 30, 2017
my work experience throughout my 16 years w the city were always enjoyable. My coworkers provided with a fun environment, and working with them was almost always a pleasure. Of course, as in any place, there were the occasional disagreement, but it the day never ended with anyone leaving angry or upset at anyone. Perhaps a bit stressful at times, but nothing that required any sedatives at night.
Pros
Wonderful coworkers. Continuosly busy, which made the day go rather quickly.
Cons
Management staff was not alway consistent and seemed to make rash decisions too often.
Horrible, horrible place
Unnamed position (Current Employee) –  COFW locationOctober 17, 2017
The City is a place of fear and untrained management who like to hold big sticks and intimidate people just because they can. This starts at the very top and filters all the way down to those I saw whose culture could barely withstand the agony. The turnover is high, the stress is very high, and the payback is nil. If you decide to become employed here, it will be for the retirement, which is changing with promises made and not kept. This is no organization - it is utter chaos on a monolithic proportion. RUN.
Environmental Specialist
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 11, 2017
I have had my ups and downs with the City of Fort Worth. I can say this was a relaxed environment to work in. However, it can be a very clickish one as well
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 5, 2017
I like working for the City of Fort Worth. I am currently looking for Part time employment. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the Children of the community.
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 4, 2017
Very fast paced and orderly, must keep up and be professional. Very flexible scheduling. Management was last minute on scheduling which cause some stress, but worked out. be prepared to maintain physical health.
Pros
benefits to working parties
A great place to work!
Management Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 18, 2017
A great place to work and gain experience in government. Friendly and productive atmosphere. Progressive managment. Focused on serving its residents and welcoming visitors.
Pros
Professional
Government at its best
Community Affairs Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 30, 2017
Working with many administrators, government officials, community volunteers, managers and officials is the best experience one can have as a career in administration and management. Public service is best at the city.
Pros
Variety and complexity challenges are positive
Great Job
Community Center-aide (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 29, 2017
Community Service Center job working with kids in the after school program. Great co-workers, flexible hours and needed time off. Fields trips, Summer programs, and overall good job.
Pros
Self managed
Benefits
Excellent place to work
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 18, 2017
Pay is competitive. Very customer service oriented.Quick paced environment. Benefits have gotten worse, but still not bad compared to a lot of other places out there.
Pros
Decent pay, good work environment
Cons
Healthcare
Could be better
Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 18, 2017
Things have been done a certain way for so long by so many of the same people that a change needs to be put in place to utilize this office to its maximum potential. Accountability and processes for accountability needs an upgrade. I enjoyed what I learned about the business unit in which I worked, but wanted so often to snap people out of their "this is how it has always been done" thinking. The strength of the culture, is beautiful, it just needs to develop into what is going on now and how to propel the functionality and resource management to it's advantage.
Pros
people, purpose and location
Cons
lack of willingness to take suggestions for change and improvement
Volunteer kennel tech
Volunteer Kennel Tech (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 6, 2017
You're taking care of animals that come in off the streets or just about anywhere to be honest. It's nice to know that when nobody else cares for them, that you're there to be their companion even if it's for a short time.
Review Summary
Financial Reporting - Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 4, 2017
Possess reputation as a self-directed professional with excellent problem solving.• Performed accounts payable function
• Managed vendor accounts
• Ensure compliance with accounting deadlines
• Month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing
• Monthly expense variance analysis
• Consolidation, inter-company transactions and reconciliations
City of Fort Worth
Community Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 27, 2017
I loved working for the City in the beginning, but then you became on call constantly. You were expected to forgo your vacation to ensure work was done, and upper management was unwilling to fill in. Yet they would take 2 weeks off at Christmas and 2 weeks off at Thanksgiving to be with their families. I was told I was only allowed to take a day off here or there, and not allowed to take a full week off because my facility was understaffed, yet HR not my department could assist in getting positions filled. There was no work/life balance, you were expected to be at work or on call 24/7, which was not the impression that I was presented in accepting the position.
Fast paced. Unprofessional Mgmt. No opportunity for advancement
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Water Department SCADAJuly 22, 2017
Most days are quite busy. The customer inquires are pretty consistent. However, there is no support from upper mgmt. When you ask question they act like you are bothering them. They will not take a call. Yet they do not want you to offer the customer their contact info. More times then not they will take weeks to call a customer back, if they do at all.
I learned nothing to carry forward to another job. They do not support employees who want to learn more to advance.
Co-workers gave more support than supervisors and managers.
Management rather harass and intimidate than give support and encouragment.
Pros
20 min break if you worked 10 hr days
Cons
mandatory participation of pension plan
helping clients with services
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 21, 2017
I enjoyed the clients but dislike the micro managing by the supervisor. I assisted the clients with services to reduce the stressors in their lives and assist them for services
Pros
the emloyees
Cons
the manager
Will not work there again
Clerical/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 10, 2017
I got hired on in August but I couldn't get a hold of anyone for over a month to find out when to start, though this was with the temp services I was told I would stay on for a year but after I finished my first assignment after a month of being there I never got another assignment after that.
Cons
hard to get a hold of, had to pay $15.00 a day for parking
Community Center Aide and After school program.
Community Center Aide (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 8, 2017
A typical day at work in a community center is not boring at all. We see and meet different people every day. I management my time to every second clean up the center first then off to pick up kids at 4 different schools, listen to 10 plus kids on how their day went at school. Once I get to the center I have to hurry up and get activities out for them and help with homework. The hardest part of my job is working the front desk answering questions on the phone and helping people who have questions at the center. But I like it all.
Pros
I get to meet new people everyday.
Cons
I should have worked at the center sooner.
fun work place
park and Recreation (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 6, 2017
very wonderful place to work. your days are what you make of it. management is ok. never any hard but you will learn alot culture is open people friendly
Pros
great work
Cons
short brakes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Fort Worth. Our community is ready to answer.

City of Fort Worth Reviews by Location