City of Fort Worth Employee Reviews

Most Unusual Work Place
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 27, 2015
Analyze and Resolve Customary Computer Problems
Operate Water Bill Printing Systems
Troubleshoot Internal System issues
Great Managerial Mindset
Most Intriguing co-workers
Hardest part of job; staying motivated upward
Most enjoyable part of job; help people
Pros
Government Operations at a High level
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Admin Tech (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth TXJune 25, 2015
I loved working for the City of Fort Worth, because the employees are all like family, they work together to get things done.
Keep to yourself - do your work- you will be fine
Insurance Subrogation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth TexasJune 18, 2015
Just go to work everyday, do your work, speak when spoken to. collect your pay and go home. However, after leaving this job, I was able to develop and improve in areas that would have been a benefit to the City of Fort Worth
Pros
Paycheck, benefits
Fellow workers are great. Management is not consistent.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 13, 2015
We have no problem with the citizens wanting building permits. The processes and software adds to the tensity of the work place. Management is more of a do as I say and not as I do approach.
Slightly boring but stable
G.I.S. Administrative Technician Internship (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 4, 2015
The work is boring and the atmosphere in the office is dull and slow, but the management is run well and most of the jobs here are relatively stable.
Public Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 2, 2015
Worked in Operations as Library Assistant 1 and in Public Service as a Customer Service Representative 1 providing a wide variety of customer services in support of the Library. Interacted regularly with  more... the public in person and over the phone; responding to inquiries concerning the operation of the automated library system.
Interpreted, applied and educated general public on library policies and procedures.  less
great learning experiance
fort worthpolice property control attendent (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 8, 2015
learn more about the general public. great management
great co workers well the few of us that want to be here
run into a lot of intersting people
Pros
always staying busy
Cons
no breaks
Laid back and great co-workers
Community Center Aide (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Answering tons of phone calls, informing people of all services and programs that were offered, handling financial activity, registration of new members, setting up meetings/events/parties.
Hardest part  more... of this job was learning all of the information in such a short amount of time. The clients were demanding since it was the grand opening when I began working so I wanted to be on top of my game so I could properly deliver what the people wanted. I enjoyed challenging my abilities and skills, working with different types of people, and learning several new things in the process.  less
Traffic Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 26, 2014
A busy place to work. The time goes first but I'm able to complete task at hand.

Great co-workers, I enjoy what I do.

Work well with other co-workers.

We work hard in assembling items for shipping.

Management was good to there employers.

The fork lift was a little challenging but I worked through the process.
Good stabitlity
Assistant to the Chief (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 9, 2014
Good benefits. Some folks there are really hardworking, good people. It was a pleasure to serve in such a beautiful city. Wonderful downtown and the city is very progressive.
Pros
stable
Cons
difficult to promote
A growth / learning environment
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Ft Worth, TxOctober 16, 2014
I liked working in this environment, learning to work with all types of people and learning to coordinate utility companies and clients.
Pros
like my co-workers
Cons
long drive from mesquite to ft worth
Fun place to work
Administrative Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 10, 2014
I spent my days working with low income clients getting them approved for government funded lead abatement.
learning experience
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 11, 2014
I have an assoc degree in computer network systems. I do not use in my job. There is no consistency in management. I have been with the city 5 years and have not had a raise. there is major favoritism  more... dedicated loyal employees who are over worked and not given any rewards. the lack luster minimal work employees get the rewards.

There case of dog wagging tail or tail wagging dog. cant never tell witch way wind going to blow as to the micro management .

I do enjoy the learning experience of the science of water management the type of testing involved.  less
Pros
location.
Cons
no raises micro managment
Can be a most satisfying experience to produce great water for the public.
Water Systems Tech II (Current Employee) –  1515 11th Avenue, Fort Worth, Texas 76102June 29, 2014
My day is normal and unassuming for the most part for working in a water treatment plant. I learned the basics plus so much more in the treatment of running a water treatment plant. However, that can change  more... in almost an instant depending on what type of raw water is coming in to the plant. The hardest part of the job is when things are out of whack and you are trying to deal with that and then a chemical delivery shows up. Exasperation is the word that comes to mind on those days. The most enjoyable part of the job is making good, clean, potable water for customers to enjoy.  less
Pros
getting a week off except for 1 1/2 days every other week.
Cons
only getting 1 1/2 days off every other week!
Very fun place to work...
911 Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 18, 2014
I had a ood time while at work but highly stressful. We recieved a lot of calls for drownings and suicides, it would be highly fast paced too...
Communication is somewhat of a problem between management and workers but something that has recently come to light as being a goal for improvement.
Administrative Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 13, 2014
*During a budget slump we have been asked to do more with less which has been a challenge that I have strived to meet
*I have strived to get along with all my coworkers
*I am always open to training to  more... help make me a better employee
*I work with the public on a daily basis which presents its own challenges upon occasions
*The diverse people I meet and get to work with and the various different things I get to do.  less
Pros
i have worked in the same position for 15 years
Cons
i have worked in the same position for 15 years
Productive environment
Contract Compliance (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 22, 2014
A typical day at work is filled with creating new and improve concepts and theories. The management is very proactive. My co-workers are very team oriented. The hardest part of the job is knowing when to take a break from the work. The most enjoyable part of the job is completing a task and seeing the results.
Pros
its an environment full of creativity
Cons
very political
Amiable staff and open work environment.
Planning Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 20, 2014
Normal 8-5 job. Enjoyed conversing with my supervisor. He was always there when I needed his advice or assistance. Imparted lots of wisdom. Hard to adjust as I was only there for five months. I enjoyed  more... the friendly people and the chemistry between their professional relationship with others. Left after the five months as I was only a student intern and needed to return to my school to complete my degree.  less
Cool Job
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 19, 2014
Working for the city is a great job it could pay more for the amount of work that we do but I like helping people make my day to see someone smile
Pros
m-f
Cons
need better pay
Loved the environment
Transcriber and General Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 24, 2014
A typical day at work would invovle typing audio transcripts into written format. When that work was complete, documents would be scanned onto the network. I learned that people do care about the other employees. Managment was approachable. My co-workers were always willing to help. The hardest part of the job is the incosistency in work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility.
Pros
team work environment
Cons
work inconsistency