City of Fort Worth Employee Reviews in United States

Could be an enjoyable position
Customer Service/Emergency Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 1, 2016
Work keeps you busy. Learned terminology for specific jobs. Poor management. Partiality and favoritism shown. Co-workers had two faces for the majority. Required much concentration but atmosphere was not always conducive because of excessive talking and laughing in the office. Interacting with the public by phone was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Demanding and interesting work
Cons
Training inadequate
I would not recommend working for the city
0S1 (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 18, 2016
Fort worth city has some of the worst management imaginable its not wonder they have a hard time keeping depts fully staffed and have issues keeping people, while I will not mentions names or places some of the things I witnessed were border line criminal and beyond bad as managers come
Pros
a pay check
Cons
The worst management I have ever dealt with
The organizaton is a blend of western heritage with an infusion of modern day culture.
(Contractor) Acting AD, Financial Mgt. Services (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 3, 2015
The organization is moving in the direction of process improvement across the board. Antiquated financial systems are being replaced with current ones to improve the financial capability of the organization which is the backbone for the improvement process.
Pros
Senior management targeting process improvement.
Cons
Sectors of the organization lagging behind with the adoption of process improvement and change.
daily challenges
Senior Account Tech (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 7, 2016
the job is enjoyable and challenging. I have learned a lot of different computer soft ware. Some departments the management is great other departments management is lacking in areas. The people here are great. The hardest part of my job is having enough task and the most enjoyable part of my job it the relationships built with my customers.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
management
Benefits are a big part of the job attraction.
Assistant Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  ParksMay 29, 2016
Creates an attitude of complacency. Team building was difficult.
Good relations with close co-workers. Opportunity to move within the various operations and departments.
great place to work for
Sr. Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 14, 2016
fair honest and good quality employer. understanding when personal problems arise and fair when it comes to promotions. recommended to any one.
Great Job
Land Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 18, 2016
Enjoyed the work. Real Estate is an exciting dynamic field. Offices are well lighted and comfortable. Many opportunities for continuous education.
fun people
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 13, 2016
its okay work just manage and maintain a lot of parks but I'm glad I can get more experience and co workers are cool to be around
Its Cool
Part Time Community Center Aide (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 16, 2016
I love the people that I work with and the supervisors are cool. The city is just slow and do not help people grow to bigger and better positions.
Cons
not enough hours and cant grow in the company
Good working place.
IT Programmer/Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 27, 2015
It's a nice place to work and advance your skills.I have been working here for last 8 months as contractor. Job work/life balance is good.
It's bureaucracy after all
Library (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 7, 2016
I was a library worker from the time I was in highschool and part of my young adult life. it was always a great place to work and the staff was great no matter what location I was sent to. I was a part timer and they were always willing to work with me to make sure I was able to get my hours and still work with my life schedule. For the most part I was always under good fair management, however there a few who weren't that great. These managers have been at this for a while and know how to make your job difficult while making it seem as though they are just asking you to do normal everyday things with a few small added on to make the workflow easier. At first you won't even recognize what's happening until you are doing things that are above your pay grade and keeping you from effectively performing your regular duties. Aside from that it's easy to get stuck as a part timer or a semi-temp. Working a set amount of hours each pay period and sometimes working 40 hours a week as a 'temp' with hopes of securing a permanent job while fearful of being let go of any time.

It isn't all bad, and as I have said the staff is usually friendly and even after a short time there they will make you feel like family. Also unless you constantly mess up horribly they are usually reluctant to fire you even if that means having you transfer to a new location or department. However it is easy to get stuck in Semi-Temp Purgatory.
Pros
Free Lunches(Some Departments), Friendly Coworkers, Indoor Environment(Some Departments)
Cons
Job Advancement
Stepping stone
VITA Intake Tax Coordinator (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 23, 2016
No two days are ever alike, and social skills are a must. Interesting people to work with and a community that is never dull.
Not what your promised
Senior Public Safety Communicator (Former Employee) –  Fort WorthOctober 15, 2015
The city suffers from poor management and elected city officials trying to get reelected. The city has been running out of money for several years. Many projects and infrastructure upgrades are several years overdue.
learning experience
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 11, 2014
I have an assoc degree in computer network systems. I do not use in my job. There is no consistency in management. I have been with the city 5 years and have not had a raise. there is major favoritism dedicated loyal employees who are over worked and not given any rewards. the lack luster minimal work employees get the rewards.

There case of dog wagging tail or tail wagging dog. cant never tell witch way wind going to blow as to the micro management .

I do enjoy the learning experience of the science of water management the type of testing involved.
Pros
location.
Cons
no raises micro managment
ok
Public Events (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 24, 2015
a lot of room for advancement and growth and can move to other departments within the city. i was stupid to quit! I NEED TO GET BACK IN!!!
Interesting and very helpful.
Sr. Municipal Court Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 14, 2015
Working in the municipal courts has given me such a wonderful experience in the court system that I will take with me. My coworkers will be missed, but I am looking to excel and learn something new and get out of my comfort zone.
Pros
Awesome people to work with.
Cons
unschedule events.
Could be better
Admin (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TxSeptember 15, 2012
- hopefully you get hired in at what you want to earn while your with the city as you won't get any raises. No raises based on performance and all step increases have been stopped for years.
***Unless your a civil servicemen which continue to get raises throughout their career without fail***
- have health insurance through a spouse or other relative. The city continues to raise health insurance cost on their self funded plans through Aetna. Insurance raises at least 5% to upwards to 12% every year for the last 7 years. One of the most expensive insurance plans compared to other cities that are smaller.
-Great coworkers. Always a few bad apples but that's normal everywhere.
-Managers go with the "good ol boy system".
-Micro managing is a huge factor also.
Pros
stability
Cons
pay, healthcare, lack of financial responsibility city wide
A tense, stressful environment; Once tenured employees were more a liability than an asset.
Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 19, 2013
The worst management I have ever experienced. There is constant friction and drama between all departments, and as a result, efficiency is poor as is employee morale. The pay would be considered an insult to most people, although the health benefits were solid.

This is a terrible place to work for anybody with a professional degree. If you have one iota of ambition, stay away from this place.

Once you are tenured after 6 months, the stakes change. It is IMPOSSIBLE to lose your job at this point. So, if you only strive for security at the risk of dealing with some very abrasive, disrespectful egomaniacs, perhaps this job may be up your alley.
Most Unusual Work Place
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 27, 2015
Analyze and Resolve Customary Computer Problems
Operate Water Bill Printing Systems
Troubleshoot Internal System issues
Great Managerial Mindset
Most Intriguing co-workers
Hardest part of job; staying motivated upward
Most enjoyable part of job; help people
Pros
Government Operations at a High level
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Keep to yourself - do your work- you will be fine
Insurance Subrogation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth TexasJune 18, 2015
Just go to work everyday, do your work, speak when spoken to. collect your pay and go home. However, after leaving this job, I was able to develop and improve in areas that would have been a benefit to the City of Fort Worth
Pros
Paycheck, benefits

City of Fort Worth Reviews by Location