City of Fort Worth Employee Reviews

Professional, Forward Thinking City Management
Meacham Municipal Airport Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 2, 2017
Always a professional, forthright, friendly, unpretentious work environment. Recognizes diligence and authenticity, not prone to management fads, just respects honest, hard work.
Toxic work environment!!!
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 2, 2017
The CoFW Finance Department is a horrible place to work. Employees who take initiative and are proactive get chastised. Supervisors and Team Leads bully subordinates and assign impossible to complete work loads. To top it all off, employees are pressured by these same unethical supervisors to falsify time sheets.
Pros
Reasonable commute
Cons
Bully and unethical supervisors, excessive work loads
Disarray
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 28, 2017
The departments seemed to work on their own without coordinating with each other. There seemed to be a lot o chaos and no one seemed to understand what was going on or how to help each other.
It was alright
Attractions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 9, 2017
Okay job for teens who don't need a lot of money. Working a lot outside. Managers don't really listen to your concerns. Team members were mostly great.
Good people, good environment
Quality Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 19, 2016
Good people, good environment
Enjoyable for those that like fast pace environments and public interaction. The city has great benefits
Pros
flexibility
Cons
advancement, salary
Interviewed
Sr PeopleSoft GL Functional Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 29, 2016
Just a head's up for those with PeopleSoft experience. This is a very immature system. I applied for the Job Title listed on this review. The initial telephone interview was encouraging and then I traveled for a second interview. I have strong governmental accounting experience, but my strengths lie in being a PeopleSoft functional analyst. During the second interview, it appeared they wanted a CPA only, which was not presented during the initial interview. The airfare and motel were nice accommodations, and I was told they would reimburse for incidentals and out-of-pocket expenses. Three weeks later and I have yet to receive reimbursement for the out-of-pocket expenses, which were submitted the day following my return trip.
Pros
Disorganized
Cons
Friendly atmosphere, as far as I could tell
COFW, an Awesome Employer
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 29, 2016
I absolutely love my time I've spent with the COFW. I have learned a lot about the processes and procedures as well as departmental duties. The people are wonderful and the pay is great.
City of FW
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 15, 2016
The city is overall an Ok company as a whole but the department I worked in is horrible to their employees. There is no acknowledging of great work and Please don't ever get sick or become disabled they will fire you so fast.
No longer would send friends to apply here
Police Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 5, 2016
I used to love to get up and go to work everyday. The new management at this locations and the weekly changes and the daily stress brought on by these changes have brought about the highest turnover over I have ever seen in all my years and have now made this a place I no longer feel I want to continue st and retire at.
Pros
Close to my home and the pay
Cons
Healthcare continues to get worse
Productive, professional workplace
Contract Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 17, 2016
I am a contract trainer for the city and I teach a bootcamp. The clients are great, the environment is great. The hardest part of the job is only seeing my clients 2 days a week.
City of Fort Worth
ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 23, 2016
As a Fort Worth Animal Control Officer, it was great to know the city and learn my way around the city I grew up in. My co-workers were great to work with. Manager was easy to get along with, the only part of the job is the dangers of rabid animals and venomous snakes.
Pros
Exciting situations.
Cons
Was very disrespected by citizens and possible animal attacks.
Micro-management at its worst
Property Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 16, 2016
No commendations for a job well done. The better job you do, the more work you have to do. The people I work with are enjoyable to work with. The management needs more classes on how to motivate people, instead of standing over their shoulders watching everything they do.
Great Staff and work enviroment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 30, 2016
The work environment is fast paced and you always learn something new. Friendly faces and great coworkers. Helpful and positive environment for all.
My job is ok.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 12, 2016
It's a wonderful place to work. A typical day at work is assisting Clients with applications, data entering information on Clients and their bill consumptions. I enjoy my job and the people I work with.
great place to work for
Sr. Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 14, 2016
fair honest and good quality employer. understanding when personal problems arise and fair when it comes to promotions. recommended to any one.
fun people
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 13, 2016
its okay work just manage and maintain a lot of parks but I'm glad I can get more experience and co workers are cool to be around
daily challenges
Senior Account Tech (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 7, 2016
the job is enjoyable and challenging. I have learned a lot of different computer soft ware. Some departments the management is great other departments management is lacking in areas. The people here are great. The hardest part of my job is having enough task and the most enjoyable part of my job it the relationships built with my customers.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
management
Benefits are a big part of the job attraction.
Assistant Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  ParksMay 29, 2016
Creates an attitude of complacency. Team building was difficult.
Good relations with close co-workers. Opportunity to move within the various operations and departments.
Great Job
Land Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 18, 2016
Enjoyed the work. Real Estate is an exciting dynamic field. Offices are well lighted and comfortable. Many opportunities for continuous education.
It's bureaucracy after all
Library (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 7, 2016
I was a library worker from the time I was in highschool and part of my young adult life. it was always a great place to work and the staff was great no matter what location I was sent to. I was a part timer and they were always willing to work with me to make sure I was able to get my hours and still work with my life schedule. For the most part I was always under good fair management, however there a few who weren't that great. These managers have been at this for a while and know how to make your job difficult while making it seem as though they are just asking you to do normal everyday things with a few small added on to make the workflow easier. At first you won't even recognize what's happening until you are doing things that are above your pay grade and keeping you from effectively performing your regular duties. Aside from that it's easy to get stuck as a part timer or a semi-temp. Working a set amount of hours each pay period and sometimes working 40 hours a week as a 'temp' with hopes of securing a permanent job while fearful of being let go of any time.

It isn't all bad, and as I have said the staff is usually friendly and even after a short time there they will make you feel like family. Also unless you constantly mess up horribly they are usually reluctant to fire you even if that means having you transfer to a new location or department. However it is easy to get stuck in Semi-Temp Purgatory.
Pros
Free Lunches(Some Departments), Friendly Coworkers, Indoor Environment(Some Departments)
Cons
Job Advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Fort Worth. Our community is ready to answer.

City of Fort Worth Reviews by Location