CITY OF FRANKLIN Employee Reviews in United States

More work with no money
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, VAJuly 27, 2015
Like the job, but there is no loyalty to the employees. Expect more but pay less. I work for the City Manager, City Attorney, Human Resource Manager and help in other departments.
Benefits
Cons
No Money
Productive and positive work place
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VAOctober 21, 2015
It was a seasonal job that I looked forward to for three summers. There aren't a lot of inexpensive activities for children who aren't as privileged to participate in. This program provides a place where less fortunate children to be a part of something positive and fun. The work environment was awesome because we all worked together so well putting forth 100% team effort.
Pros
Free Trips
Cons
Worked in the heat a lot
Good place to work, and upper managment treats staff with respect
TN, Compost Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 22, 2013
A normal day for me is the collecting an organic material that enters my site, and handling in a manner that meets all state and federal regulations.

This industry is all about controlling the flow of an organic material and that at times can be difficult. I have learned how to handle this material in a safe and efficient manner.

I work with some of the best equipment operators in the business. All of them have the ability to take the task that is laid out before them and follow it to the letter.

The hardest part of my job is keeping non-organic's out of our windrows.

To watch a material that was once thought of as trash turn into a valuable product.
Pros
control of the facility, and having the department heads behind me
Cons
compensation
excellent work environment
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Franklin, LAJuly 30, 2015
working in government was very rewarding , was able to learn more about how government operate , working the public was very rewarding . the office staff was wonderful.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
1/2 work day on friday
Productive Work Place!
Senior Communications Officer (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNFebruary 26, 2014
Great place to work with excellent benefits. Really promotes a team environment in the work structure.
Political
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Franklin, LAApril 9, 2015
The position came available at a critical time; during a re-election. I took the position the help with a positive out come with the election. My boss was re-elected. My co- workers were pleasant.
Pros
Huge office space
Cons
n/a
Good Job
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Franklin, LASeptember 23, 2014
I learned a lot at this job. I highly recommend it. Enjoyed meeting new people and new personalities. The hardest part is working in the sun during summer ,but after you get along with all co-workers they will make you come to work everyday by all the laughter ,but getting the job done also and more.
The people are fun and interesting to work with, however, management has a government attitude and not a business mind.
Consultant (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 9, 2013
Fast Paced Intense Department
Financial Technician (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 6, 2013
Fast paced intense department. One person to handle all of payroll with an average employee base of 685 employee. All reporting, processing, data analysis, and software enhancement projects responsibility of payroll technician.Worklife balance provided the job is completed.
Pros
hands on learning
Cons
intense deadlines, limited backup availability
Fun!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INApril 25, 2013
I liked being able to set my own hours and I enjoyed working with my co-workers. I also loved keeping the records for the city because I was able to learn so much about the city from past records. I also typed the minutes during the Council and Board of Works meetings, which I enjoyed being a part of.
Pros
close to home and the hours
Cons
worked for an elected official

Want to know more about CITY OF FRANKLIN?

Ask a question
It's Okay!
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Franklin, LAJuly 6, 2012
The Management wasn't too bad, could've been better. The co-workers lied to get you in trouble if they didn't want you there. overall it was pretty much a good job.
many obstacles to environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, LASeptember 23, 2014
Biggest obstacle was supervising older employees that had been employed there and was resistant to change
Busy and productive.
GIS Technician (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 6, 2012
Field work throughout the city was the biggest part of this job. Responsibility and honesty are big requirements. Map projects were very fulfilling and enjoyable, weather permitting.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
part-time job
First Government Accounting Job
Deputy Tax Administrator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHJune 2, 2014
Small town accounting. Enjoyed the people and the work. Great learning opportunity.
Great group of people to work with
Class II Operator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VAApril 15, 2012
Co-workers were like family, had a great time working together, lots of fun and laughter. Had one of best managers ever, would like to go back to that job.
Pros
great atsmosphere