CITY OF FREMONT Employee Reviews

Productive with Human Relationship for community.
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CA 94538January 17, 2017
Experienced accounting professional with excellent skills in full cycle accounting functions. Consistently provide potential and existing customers with a positive interactive experience.
Pros
safety environment
Cons
short breaks
great place to work for.
CONSTRUCTION INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 2, 2016
Great place to work for. Co-workers and managers work along your side to help you achieve your goals and job. Day to day acitivity in never boring. Great atmosphere.
Fun and casual workplace great for teens and first time workers.
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 8, 2016
My job was to work as a sports camp counselor for weekly camps. We would divide the kids into groups based off age group and the counselors would facilitate sports-related activities for the kids. Though it can be fun to participate in hands-on activities with the kids, you have to always be wary and cautious. The kids are unpredictable and someone may get hurt.
Pros
Fun and casual work environment
Cons
Kids are unpredictable
Government Job in Maintenance
Office Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 27, 2015
Lots of Data Entry work along with high volume phone calls from the public. I was responsible for Payroll for 34crew members. The hardest part of the job was telling fixed income residents that certain services have been cut by the City. It was difficult to explain to the residents that they were responsible for the services that the City had previously provided and that they would have to pay the high cost of hiring a contracted vendor out of their own pocket. Working with many coworkers was lots of fun and was almost like a family atmosphere in the beginning. As time went on changes took place and it was difficult for long term employees to adapt. I loved most of the people that I worked with and it was a difficult decision to decide to retire early.
Pros
14 paid holidays
Cons
lots of unhappy coworkers
Counselor
Volunteer Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fremont local schoolsOctober 18, 2015
As a counselor in training, I assisted at summer day camps with childcare activities such as games, songs, art, etc.
My summer experience taught me how to work with others on organizing activities for a successful summer program and how to work with children of multiple ages ranging from 5- 10 years of age. I also learned the importance of completing time cards accurately, showing up on time and letting my team know they could count on me to be there everyday during the summer sessions.
My co-workers were other high school and college students who were going through leadership programs/training.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the different attitudes and behaviors of the children, especially the ones that were defiant and or bullied other kids. With those children I learned to be patient and worked closely with the hired counselors on how to treat these kids with respect and patience.
I liked interacting with the kids and working with the lead counselors on ideas to entertain the kids, like playing world cup soccer and tennis.
Pros
learned leadership skills
Cons
short program and no pay
Great
Activity Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 10, 2015
I enjoyed working for the City of Fremont part-time. While working there I learned a lot and got to meet a lot of different people.
Pros
Nice work enviornment
Cons
Not enough hours
City of Fremont
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Opportunity to make a difference in a diverse community that demands high quality and variety of goods and services. Compensation and benefits are excellent. Hardest part of the job is meeting sometimes unrealistic expectations of citizens.
Overall a great place to work.
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fremont, OHFebruary 24, 2014
There are no typical days, everyday brings something new. Over the years I have learned how to work on a wide range of mechanical and electrical equipment. The hardest part of the job is limited time to make a repair due to product having to be produced, and getting parts from suppliers in a timely manner. The best part of the job is the feeling of accomplishment when you have just designed, fabricated and installed a piece of equipment from the ground up.
Pros
Steady work with fair wages and benefits.
Cons
As in all government jobs, there are politics.
Review
Director of Human Resources/ Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fremont, NEFebruary 11, 2014
I learned the ins and outs of municipalities.
Loved my co-workers
Hardest part was the politics
A good supporting work environment.
Law Director/Administration (Current Employee) –  Fremont, OHApril 1, 2013
The people working for the City of Fremont are very supportive and helpful when I am in need of help.
O.K. place to work
Assitant Director of YSC (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 23, 2012
It's a government job. Not a lot of productivity. I enjoy the atmosphere, but there is no room for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CITY OF FREMONT. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5