CITY OF FRESNO Employee Reviews

Egocentric, mysoginistic management
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 13, 2017
Would never recommend this employer. Ability to advance has nothing to do with qualifications or ability. Management is only interested in people who stroke their ego and are "yes" men. In order to excel at the City of Fresno, be prepared to compromise your character, lie through your teeth, and go home with zero self respect. Management is absolutely pathetic. This place has the worst morale. The only time the HR department will address issues is when it comes through a lawsuit. The best thing about the job is the appreciation the public shows for your service.
Pros
Stable work schedule
Cons
management, morale, work environment
lots of driving
Fresno City Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 5, 2017
hard work long hours, public could be a challenge but you always remain professional. drive at a safe speed and always pay attention to the traffic. meet new and interesting people every day. make sure your bus has had its safety check and be responsible for the passengers safety as well.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
driving in circles.
Great pplace to work
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 1, 2017
Great hours, great pay, wonderful work environment, quality team members, strong management, very positive work culture, new challenges daily, support from all members of staff.
City of Fresno is the City
Water Conservation Representative/Code Enforcement (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 31, 2017
Great job for anyone not wanting to be stuck in an office. Swing Shift was the best shift I've ever worked with weekends off. Difficult at times to deal with customers.
Not Sure
Construction Laborer (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 28, 2017
Trident Seafoods is a vertically integrated harvester, processor and marketer of seafood from Alaska, the Pacific Northwest and around the world. Its was a pleasure.
Pros
Got to travel
Cons
It was cold
Paid for doing what I love doing
Media Internship (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 4, 2017
I learned how to balance my school life with my work life and have fun while at it because I was doing what I love doing. The most enjoyable part was getting to work with the people in the program.
Pros
Free food occasionally
Cons
No pay
Life learning experience working with students
Parks and Recreation Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 20, 2017
I enjoyed working in this kind of environment bring exercise, health and wellness to education. The most enjoyable part of the job is exercising with the students.
Underpaid and Overworked
Business Tax & Pemit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 17, 2017
The City of Fresno was a great place to work if you want a job that provides you security and plenty to o outside you job title.
great place to work
Field Maintenance Technician/sports official (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 8, 2017
prepare and maintain fields for use in sports league I also do officiating of the adult sports program as well as using field equipment and machinery
Great place to gain experience
Grounds Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 3, 2017
My days consist of grounds maintenance so I did a verity of cleaning up there a lot to learn and do everyday. I learned the crafts of a grounds man. co workers were all cool people didn't have any problems.
Pros
breaks alot
Cons
rest rooms were never close when needed to go
Productive and fun workplace
FIREFIGHTER (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 6, 2016
Great place to work for from the city Mayor on down to the line supervisors. Outstanding work environment in a high stress job. COF provides great tools to deal with any problems and cares for the employees.
Very Helpful
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 11, 2016
Helpful in training and assistance.

Hardest part is the first day of employment.

Also, when dealing with the public you need to be prepared, flexible and always treat people with a smile.
Pros
Irate client always customer is first
Cons
I am part-time temporary with AARP. This is work while I still do job search for permanent work.
I love working for the City of Fresno
Community Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 4, 2016
I have learned to be more out going. I have made tons of contacts with the people of this community that I would not have otherwise.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits for part-time or advancement in this position.
Great People
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 2, 2016
Good and challenging place to work with many opportunity for advancement.

Fantastic coworkers funny and eager to share the knowledge and work experience.
professional, reliable, works well with people
FAX Temporary Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 24, 2015
Acceptable place to work with the public and meet time for pickup and dropoff locations. management was supportive and motivating
Dedicated Workforce
Utility Sevice Rep 2 (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 19, 2015
It's govt. Need I say more? Red tape and top down management suppresses innovation and efficiency. However through it all the workforce continue to provide the best service possible to the people.
Pros
The people
Cons
It's govt
Great
Recreational Leader (Former Employee) –  FresnoMay 11, 2015
Great! I liked working there.
Easy, loved working with and for the kids.
• Trained staff to conduct events and safety procedures.
• Coordinated resuscitation and first aid classes. Apply resuscitation techniques when necessary.
• Completed reports for injury, accidents and other incidents.
• All other duties as assigned.
all good ,great place to work at.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 7, 2015
over all great place to work,had a supervisor who felt cheated out of a promotion,let us know how he felt every day.was always angry.
A excellent range of learning experience's.
Admin. Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Working for the City of Fresno was the greatest work experience I have had. Each department is like a Family away from home. Yet they plan events that include Family. Good Benefits.
You are able to advance at your own pace. The have yearly reviews, and raises. When there are job openings you can test for the position. Management was always willing to help. You just have to ask and they are there.
Pros
There is no limit to how far you can advance
Cons
Some of the tests are tough.
Productive complex place to work where time goes by fast.
Administrative Clerk II - Records Bureau (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 26, 2014
Hard working knowledgeable staff, who with the right mix of people are very upbeat and fun, and work hard at serving our citizens. Management works diligently at being fair. We have briefing for about 30 minutes in the morning with latest work related news first as well as other news, both public and personal. When there is adequate staff coverage productivity soars and myself and co workers experience a great deal of satisfaction. Ironically when we are understaffed it seems the phones ring non stop, often with only one person to answer for the majority of the day. I am usually at the law counter where we address the faxed requests, insurance, and customers on the phone. Honestly I cant' describe all that I have learned, it seems there is always something new that occurs which makes a 10 hour day go by very fast. It can be very challenging and exhausting sometimes and I find it is very difficult to adjust to being at work as early as 6 am. Also it takes about 5 minutes to walk to my vehicle from the parking lot and I have to pay for parking, One of my co workers got hit by a vehicle one dark morning when, either it was the street or signal lights out
Pros
The time goes by very fast.
Cons
staff shortage with many who will soon retire, early hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CITY OF FRESNO. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval