City of Gainesville

City of Gainesville Employer Reviews

physically challenging
Sanitation worker (Former Employee), Gainesville, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: hired felons
Cons: dirty work conditions
dirty job, lots of running, walking, made the best of the job
Employees keep the wheels rolling
COMMERCIAL DRIVER/ACTING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 4, 2014
Working for RTS/City of Gainesville is an experience that I will always remember .For the customers you meet and the people you work with, they become family due to seeing them on a daily bases.
Recreation and Office worker
Recreation Aide I (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLOctober 2, 2013
While working with the City of Gainesville, I have filled several positions. A day in my current position consists of filling/maintaining daily logs and reports, assisting children ages five to thirteen with their homework followed by feeding them a snack and setting up games/activities. I am responsible for discipline and parent meetings if/when the need arises. My co-workers and I get along great and maintain a balanced share of the work-load responsibilities be it building maintenance or child play. The hardest part of my job would have to be working with gifted or special needs children because I am responsible for making them feel like any other child even if they have have a need that the other children may not have. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting paid to play!
Great place
Teen Zone Counselor (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLSeptember 16, 2013
kids are great
enjoyed the people that worked there
nice building
ok pay
It was a nice place to work
Data Entry (Former Employee), Gainesville, TXApril 24, 2013
Pros: very nice people
Cons: low low pay
I worked here while my ex husband went to school. The ladies were all very nice.
I love Kids
Recreation Aide (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLMarch 20, 2013
Pros: benefits, work and ply
This job was so fun. It kept me in shape and very active. The kids keep you sharp and always on your toes. I have learned things about myself on this job that I wouldn't have never guessed about me. management is excellent in making you feel comfortable and making sure you enjoy yourself just as much as the kids. My co workers and I worked very well together to make sure the kids enjoyed their self and was safe at all times.
Buidling Monitor
Building Monitor (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLOctober 9, 2012
Pros: feeding the elderly and seeing them enjoy themselves.
Cons: not be able to assist
Being able to assist and/or help the elderly. Meeting divers of people. Just a happy atmosphere for people to come and meet their friends and family knowing that the facility is neat and clean.
monitor kids
CAMP COUNSELOR (Former Employee), gainesville flApril 27, 2012
i really enjoyed this job because it was something i wanted to do to make money
Not bad...Middle of road
Sr. Specialist (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 17, 2012
Four 10-hour workdays are nice, benefits are not too bad either. Mandatory 5% of annual salary goes to retirement account. Movement to another department is hard to come by and if approved, often only offered 5-10% more in salary. Work week allows nice balance between work and family. Highly political at most levels. Some areas very unionized.