City of Gastonia Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
This job is okay if you want a job with no structure, challenge or advancement.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJune 2, 2017
It was a very stress-free atmosphere with very good benefits. The money is low for the responsibility but, you do not work hard. It is far from challenging and it really needs a little fine tuning. It is a small transit company so you build a good relationship with the customers and that is the enjoyable part of your day.
Pros
Break at end of line, 1 hour lunch on Saturday.
Cons
There is no structure so, therefore everyone is not treated the same. A lot of favoritism.
Very good first job
Ground Crew (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJanuary 23, 2017
Responsible for cleanliness of park. This is a very good first job. I enjoy meeting new people and assisting with their questions. However, I would like to have fulltime employment.
Fast past environment
Financial Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCSeptember 7, 2016
Typically the work day will begin at 7:45 a.m. and open to the public at 5 p.m. . Throughout the business, we have high volume of calls and heavy foot traffic. I work with 9 other individuals in my department.
poorly managed with promotion by tenure
Airport Administrator- City of Gastonia (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJanuary 6, 2015
Sad inefficient group of managers who's only goals were protecting their jobs and making retirement
Fun, productive, friendly and helpful
Executive Assistant/Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCAugust 4, 2014
I've never loved a job more than working for the COG. I met and made so many friends there and I am still friends with to this day. They are helpful in training, encourage personal and professional growth and everyone is so kind. It was the best experience of my life!
Pros
Great hours, great pay, great people
Cons
Municipalities face budget cuts from time to time and sometimes that includes jobs
Working with public is awesome
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCMarch 6, 2014
A typical day includes driving to different job sites with my crew and taking care of business at each place whether it be mowing it or planting trees or shrubbery.
I've learned how to deal with the public and work with a team of men to get the job done.
Supervision is great with understanding on all sides.
My coworkers are very knowledgable and good to work with.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the public and learning different jobs that we do in town.
Pros
Working outside, Meeting the public, making places beautiful..
Cons
Sometimes the weather to work in..is rough
a good place to work
Water Treatment Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCOctober 21, 2013
pull and evaluate over night samples for any type of bacteria. checked the city water for color, clarity, content, and contaminates. tap various fire hydrants for pressure and contaminates. made sure that the cities water was at or above state mandated conditions of human consumption.
Pros
worked with a really professional staff
Cons
Just a great place to work.
Revenue Collcections Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCApril 11, 2012
Posting revenues.
How my city works.
Great manager.
Leaving was the hardest part of my job.
It was a joy just comming in to work.
Pros
life work balance.
Cons
part time only.

Want to know more about City of Gastonia?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Gastonia. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3