City of Glendale

City of Glendale United States Employee Reviews

OFFICE SERVICES SPECIALIST II (ADMINISTRATION) (Former Employee), Glendale, CAFebruary 4, 2015
I worked in numerous departments and was exposed to all types of scenarios in which I mastered and optimized overall operational efficiency
great place to work; exceptional coworkers.
Library page (Former Employee), Glendale, AZNovember 17, 2014
I worked at the library for over 8 years. I learned many new things about how a library works and keeps up with technology. my coworkers became excellent at making do with less while needing to be more productive. the pages did as well. the hardest part of the job was the turnover due to staff reductions. as the budget was cut, pages were let go. also, with fewer pages, the remaining pages were expected to increase their productivity but books can be shelved only so fast. the best part of the job was the people. for instance, management went out of their way to keep us all up to date on necessary information.
Communications shop with a lot of activity
Wireless Systems Technician (Former Employee), 120 N. IsabelOctober 18, 2014
I worked with some very intelligent people. I also learned a lot from all of the other techs.
Lifeguard/WSI
Lifeguard/WSI (Former Employee), Glendale, AZSeptember 7, 2014
Being a lifeguard/WSI was the greatest job I have ever had. I met some really great people there, but also learned very important safety skills. I loved being out with the public and kids everyday. I really liked teaching swim lessons to little kids. It was so rewarding to see each and every kid improve on their swimming skills, along with knowledge of water safety. The only really hard part about this job was to not get distracted with everything going on around you. It was so important to scan the water quickly yet efficiently to ensure every patron was safe. Being a lifeguard really inspired me to pursue my degree in Parks and Recreation Management.
Very slow pace
Facility Attendant (Former Employee), Glendale, CASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: good for a part time position
Cons: no room for growth
Opening up the location. Waiting for senior to come in for lunch. Help the senior or local city tenants with any questions.
steady work
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Glendale, MOAugust 30, 2014
A typical day working is steady and will very every day. The hardest part of the job is getting along with management.
Temporary position for CAFR
Temporary Accountant (Former Employee), Glendale, AZAugust 17, 2014
I was employed on a temp position for preparation of CAFR statements. I worked with a great team of accounting professionals but it was only a short term assignment of 3 months.
Facility Attendant (Current Employee), Glendale, CAJuly 27, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Love it... Great pay great benefits, and awesome people. There is no part of the job that is hard.... I get paid good, work is very simple, and hours are great
I felt proud!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Glendale, CAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: good, helpful staff
Cons: was a temporary job
The reason I worked here was because of GYA program and I was immediately put in charge of an awards ceremony with everything that comes with it. I had to list the kids names, accomplishments, order necessary materials, and most importantly design the booklet. All this funds had to come from donations and so I had to call in previous and new possible donors for financial help.
Fun workplace for a high school student as a summer job
Water Safety Instructor (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJune 2, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, treated with respect and given responsibility, the water keeps you cool in the blazing sun
Cons: short breaks, no benefits, employees are disposable.
A typical day at work consisted of arriving at work at 0715 to prepare for teaching swim lessons. The teachers would then teach three to six swim classes with only a five minute break between each one. The classes varied on age of class and time of day and would require varying levels of hands on teaching. The management only seemed organized half of the time because they tried to micromanage the work environment despite lacking experience on the job or asking for the worker's opinions.
senior project
Internship and Super Bowl Setup (Former Employee), Glendale, AZApril 3, 2014
Pros: interesting people
Cons: temporary job
For our senior project we did an intern with the City of Glendale. Our project consisted of testing and setting up a computer network with Voice over IP (VoIP) implemented on it. We would run a series of tests with different Quality of Standard protocols to see how the data was effected on the network. Since VoIP operates best being seperated from other types of network traffic we had to set up an additional network for that technology.
Good workplace for learning
GIS Technician Intern (Former Employee), Glendale, CAMarch 12, 2014
No management and little team work. Direction is clear but projects are slow-going.
City of Glendale Parks Deptartment Great Work Experience
Gardener (Former Employee), Glendale, CADecember 4, 2013
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: not enough time in the world to learn more.
The greatest thing about being a landscape gardener in a park system is that it is not only "mow, blow and go."

You are primarily situated in a customer service oriented work environment. When it comes to the practical aspect of the job you are highly involved in an extremely variant job description of duties.

You will not only be involved in typical lawn, tree and shrub maintenance but also of sports-field maintenance, building maintenance, irrigation maintenance and operation of large motor driven equipment as well.

The skill level of involvement goes above and beyond typical gardening. This includes a vast knowledge of horticultural and botanical practices.

You will more than likely be in charge of more than 1 or 2 employees which will require you to have great verbal communication skills and personnel problem solving skills as well.

My personal experience at The City Of Glendale Parks Department has been invaluable to me and am grateful to have had it.
Professional and enjoyable
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Glendale, CANovember 19, 2013
Loved working here, great and professional coworkers!
very lovely management, they have nice events that we were able to join and be a part of them.
Great First Job
Lifeguard and Swim Lesson Instructor (Current Employee), Glendale, AZOctober 8, 2013
For most people looking for a first job, the City of Glendale is a good place to start.
Administrative Intern
Administrative Intern (Former Employee), Glendale, WIAugust 4, 2013
I managed myself in this position and reported directly to the City Administrator. A typical day was spent researching statistics and interviewing department heads. I worked with department heads in multiple communities as many of their services were shared. The biggest challenge of this position was scheduling visits and interviews with department heads with busy schedules. The most interesting part of this position was working with department heads from different communities and seeing how they worked together to complete a project.
Sanitation
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Glendale, AZMay 30, 2013
Picking up approx 1100 90 gallon residential garbage cans a day.
Productive, was a nice employer to work for at one time.
Collections Representative (Former Employee), Glendale, AZApril 4, 2013
Pros: they paid well, good benefits
Cons: constant budget problems, poor decision making from upper management
I worked Monday thru Friday 8:00 to 5:00, collect on delinquent water and Sales Tax accounts, set up payment arrangements, answer customer inquiries, assist co-workers, file and release liens, work on special projects. During my time there I have learned how to do billing adjustments, manually create statements for customers, use Microsoft Excel and Word more effectively, make accounting adjustments to customer accounts for various reasons, file and release liens. I had an excellent manager who I worked under. This manager was easy to talk to, had an open door policy and would always see that any issues would be resolved. Unfortunately the management staff above my manager saw things in a different way. My co-workers were very professional, we always worked together well when need to and we all strived to get things done ahead of schedule and make the day as pleasant as we can for each other. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to assist the public and answer their questions and help my co-workers with any work assignments or projects.
Productive and fun workplace.
Office Work (Former Employee), Glendale, CAFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Fun environment with co-workers, Excellent customer service, and wonderful clothing and accessories to sell.
The best job I' ve ever had with great benefits with a lot of driving
Intergraded Waste Truck Operator (Former Employee), Glendale, CANovember 21, 2012
Pros: go home early and see your check
Cons: rain and heat
Start early in the morning doing a lot of hard work with a lot of challenges
dealing with all types of weather, people and situations where you have to make a lot of important decisions

Again I made good friends, a lot of profesional people and supervisors a couple bad apples, but I really enjoyed it as much I could.

The hardest part to work in the rain and heat , the most enjoyable part the driving and salary.

About City of Glendale

The City of Glendale's Parking Enforcement Unit has established this web-site to provide our community with a resource that offers – Read more