The City of Grand Junction Police Department is currently recruiting for the following positions to fill current vacancies:
Entry Level Police Recruit
Certified Police Officers
Lateral Police Officers
Pay Range: $26.05 - $31.59
Please visit our website at www.gjcity.org/employment.aspx for more information and Application Packets.
What Grand Junction Police Department Can Offer You!
- Relocation Assistance or Current Colorado POST Academy Expense Assistance
- Competitive salaries and benefits
- Ongoing job training
- Opportunity to grow and advance your career.
Grand Junction, Colorado is the gateway to the mountains and canyonlands of western Colorado and eastern Utah. Centrally located between Denver and Salt Lake City, Grand Junction offers world-class whitewater rafting, golfing, fishing, skiing, snowboarding, and exploring mountain bike and hiking trails through the Colorado National Monument and the Grand Mesa.
The Grand Junction Police Department provides a full range of high quality police services, including: a motorcycle unit, K9s, bomb squad, crime lab, university campus policing, SWAT team, drug task force, and a regional communications center. Based on job performance, many Police Officers reach the top of the pay range within two years.
Patrols assigned districts; responds to radio dispatch calls for service; performs preliminary investigations at scenes; prepares citations and summonses; makes arrests and transports individuals; appears in court to offer testimony relative to the investigation of incidents; prepares a variety of reports and records; offers assistance to citizens.
- Good physical condition
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Minimum vision corrected to 20/40 in worst eye and 20/20 in best eye
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, valid Colorado driver’s license
- Good moral character (past criminal activity may be disqualifying – see list)
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays
How To Apply
City Application, Supplement & Personal History Statement can be downloaded from our website at www.gjcity.org or call (970) 244-1512. Completed application packets must be submitted to the City of Grand Junction, Human Resources Division, 250 N. 5th Street, Grand Junction, CO 81501. EOE