City of Grand Prairie

City of Grand Prairie Employer Reviews

Don't plan on staying here
Customer service (Current Employee), City of Grand Prairie, TXJuly 10, 2014
Cons: racism, discrimination, good ole boy system
Awful city to work for very high turn over. Operates on the good ole boy system. Management is very unprofessional, they will keep you for the 6 month probation period that's a guarantee only because they don't want you to get unemployment. No fairness but the City is very diverse, competitive pay. There are some racist people working for the City in – more... high places . I recommend working for Grand Prairie as a last ditch effort. – less
Nice outside atmosphere
Sub-Contractor (Former Employee), Grand Prairie TxJune 17, 2014
Pros: nice outside
Cons: seasonal
Landscaping and nice park scenery. Everybody seemed real nice. Management were fair.
Eric Denson
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Brandon, MSApril 12, 2013
It was a great experience and i really enjoyed it. We fixed potholes in the street kept street clean. I learned a lot about how to work with others, and the management was excellent. Some of my co-workers were better than others,there was no hard part to me if you can believe that,the most enjoyable part was getting up and going to work.
Customer Service / Outside Technician (Former Employee), Grand prairie texasJanuary 8, 2013
great place to work
dependable employment
fast paced
good work place
great company
great place to work
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee), GRand Prairie,TXDecember 2, 2012
Pros: good place to work
on a daily bases i had to infrom owners on how to get thier vehicles
released both by phone and in person.I learnwed how much people do not handle their paper work correctly and how it affects them when they get thier vehicles impouned.As far as my co workers each one of us have something to pass on to our coworkes.the hardest part to me was seeing – more... someone loose their vehicles.I just like to deal with the publice – less
Fun place to work
Lifeguard Instructor (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXNovember 30, 2012
Never had any problems here! Customers and patrons were always great!
Great place for short term employment
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), City of Grand PrairieJune 19, 2012
Pros: great retirement plan
Cons: poor management communication, no teamwork, favoritism
Great place to get basic training. Not recommended for long term, high employee turnover. The highly diverse environment makes it a little difficult to get accepted. Employees are somewhat on guard, which makes it more difficult for you to establish effective working relationships.

August 17, 2012

I worked for the city for a number of years and saw good people come and go due to unprofessional management and favortism. Managment always finds ways to blame their staff for their short comings.

City of Grand Prairie was a great place to work learned new things and met many construction people
Engineer and Chief Structural Building Inspector (Former Employee), Grand PrairieDecember 14, 2011
Pros: good retirement
Cons: never much money
The city was a great place for learning and working. Performed all different types of tasks which included Engineering and Construction.