CITY OF GREEN BAY Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Progressive, high-energy atmosphere
Business Development Planner (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 13, 2014
I have over a dozen years of experience in the commercial revitalization and community development field. Currently, I hold the position of Business Development Planning Specialist with the City of Green Bay. The concentration of my efforts within our three-person Economic Development Department is consulting, recruiting and retaining retail and professional companies; with an emphasis on downtown Green Bay. To date, we have four formally organized business districts of which I serve as a civic liaison. Recently completing ESRI Market profiles for each, I am actively networking with other communities seeking second and third locations for emerging independent business growth.
good place to work
Certified Welder (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIDecember 6, 2013
welding fabricating,grinding,use band saw,use torches,air arcing,learned new welding skills. management was good to work with. good to work with co-workers,made new friends.
Pros
good place to work
Wonderful corporate experience in a financial environment
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 28, 2013
I had the opportunity to work with 4 different departments while maintaining a relationship with the Director of Finance for the entire city. This unpaid internship was an experience I would never give up.

Delegation of work was excellent, I always had something different to work on and received feedback every time I completed a project.

Some projects were difficult and were hard to start but the experience I received helped me improve in situations that are similar.
Pros
relevant experience, working under comptroller, wonderful staff
Cons
unpaid, short-lived
Responsible for city trees and parks.
City Forester (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIDecember 3, 2012
Maintain city vehicles. Kept up city trees wether they posed physical danger or needed to be altered for practical or aesthetic means.