City of Greensboro Employee Reviews in United States

Great workplace with great employess
Recreational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 9, 2016
The Griffin Recreation center is a great place to work with great employees that work well together. The customers that come in are very nice and a pleasure to serve.
nice place to work
Superintendent of natural gas dept. (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 2, 2015
city of Greensboro is a nice place to work and a great environment and a good place to learn and train very fun place and nice people to be around
Nice career starter
Network Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 21, 2015
i learned about how to work under pressure, how to push myself, and how to work as a team.
one of the hardest parts about the job is the advancement. it is very difficult to get ahead because most of the positions are filled in that there is already someone in mind for the position.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor pay
Summer intern
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  GreensboroJuly 18, 2015
I worked for city arts drama center which was run by the city of Greensboro parks and recreation department. I did everything from video editing to working with children at the summer camp and office work.
Pros
I loved the job, in a theater, working with kids
Cons
The job was temporay
Focused on the citizens and employees.
Safety Administrator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 30, 2015
It would be hard to find a more effective operation than the one demonstrated by the City of Greensboro. This is a local government that cares about their city and the employees that do the day to day work.
Good work environment and supervisors. Little room for advancement.
Lake Use Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 11, 2015
Good work environment and supervisors. Little room for advancement. Fulfilling work, I enjoy what I do, but no matter how well I do the job, there's nowhere to go from where I am.
City of greensboro
Network Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 13, 2015
the job served it's purpose but with any job the people in management really bring down overall moral and work performance.
Great benefits
Solid Waste Operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 8, 2015
This is a physically demanding job under sometimes taxing environmental conditions with a periodically changing work force.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
working in outside elements.
Good work environment with excellent benefits
Housing Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 5, 2015
Because of the workload, I worked more than 8 hour days, consistently. However, I had no issue with that schedule because as an exempt employee you must get the work done in the manner which works best for you. Working more than 8 hours/day and sometimes on weekends was acceptable. I enjoyed my coworkers.
Comfortable work environment with nice vending machines
Youth Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 21, 2015
Typical day at work starts with clocking in on time. Checking email in outlook system and returning phone calls. Managers were there to answer questions if needed but other than that let you work on your own. Co-workers were very helpful and always there to assist. Hardest part of the job was keeping in contact with the customers on case load. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting a customer with completing their action plans.
Pros
hour lunch break
Cons
desk job; sitting down all day
Working & mentoring the youth
Administrative Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 24, 2014
Office assistant
Customer service
Renting out facility
Working with the youth
Scheduling
Opening & closing the building
Pros
working & learning new things
Cons
not enough hours
Let the summer laughs roll.
Camp Counselor (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 7, 2014
Summer camp is a way for children to unwind from the constant demand throughout the school year. Parks and Rec. Camp Counselors work with their Supervisors to come up with fun and enriching activities to engage children. Fun and excitement is the key to a great camp. Constantly looking for great programs and field trips really makes the time fly by. By the end of camp, numerous memories have been built leading to life-long friendships.
Excellent friendly environment workplace
Home Energy Response Officer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 12, 2014
efficiently managed.
open to suggestions.
wonderful environment to work.
Comfortable working environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 22, 2014
Work/life balance can be maintained, even by those exempt from overtime compensation.
Good, Steady, Professional Organization
Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 6, 2014
During my time with the organization, I have been exposed to a variety of learning opportunities that have helped expand my understanding of people and their needs. The hardest part of being in public service is to remember the problem or issue is important to someone.
Pros
employee centered environment
Candid Review
Building Inspector/Multi-Trade Inspector (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 29, 2014
A typical work day consist of about 12 to 15 inspections on residential and commercial jobs.
I have learned how to deal with all sorts of people, and be very diversified in my job and flexible.
-Co-workers are fine, I get along with almost anyone as long as thety treat me as they want to be treated.
-Most enjoyable part of the job is helping the public, solve a problem that they thought could not be fixed.
Pros
working with people
Cons
management doesnt listen or lookout for its staff!!
Newly Elected
City Council-member (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 20, 2013
Just elected to office to represent District 2. I had the opportunity to work as a staff member and it was a great experience.
Productive and educational
Community Planner/Development Coordinator Intern (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 8, 2013
The most challenging part of the job was scheduling between my class schedule and balancing both class projects and work projects. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to set my hourly schedule weekly and the educational site visits. Enjoyed the internship because it provided me with many different experiences in planning and project management.
Productive and fun place to work
Police Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 21, 2013
Great benefits..however if working in the Police Records Dept. be ready to work around the 24hr shift which can be demanding!
Helping Employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 21, 2013
I enjoy helping fellow team members as a administrative assistant to the police/security department

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Greensboro. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4