City of Greenville Employee Reviews

great, caring, simple workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSMay 21, 2017
My team and I worked together to keep the city clean, maintained, and beautiful. I learned how to be a leader and take initiative. The management is great. The hardest part of the job was the heat during the summer. The most enjoyable part of the job was the beautification of the city because of us.
I enjoyed my work experience.
Water Utility Manager (Former Employee) –  340 Main Street; Greenville, MS 38701January 31, 2017
I began my career in the City Clerk's office as Accounts Payable Clerk, Purchasing Agent and Water Utility Manager with the City of Greenville. I worked effortlessly to perform every task as assigned, I was a team player.
Good work environment
Accounting Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 9, 2017
I work in good dept. The management is supportive and encourage staff to improve . The company offers programs to improve education and health programs
Pros
free tickets for the baseball and hockey game
Cons
unable to advance quickly
Productive and helping constituents
Secretary to City Clerk/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSDecember 20, 2016
I enjoyed working for the City Of Greenville in each position that I held. I liked going to City Council meeting, recording the meeting and taking the minutes for the meeting. I loved helping the constituents everyday.
Pros
Health benefits and job stability
Cons
Assistant City Clerk delegating most of the work to others
Excellent place to work.
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 13, 2016
I enjoy my job very much and hope to gain permanent employment soon. The people I work with are very knowledgeable and more than happy to work with you to make you successful.
not very fun to work there
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXNovember 1, 2016
I did not really like working here. Workers are abused. Very little benefits. Wouldn't recommend my enemy to work there.
Summer Camp
Junior Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SOctober 19, 2016
It's was a part time job it was fun playing. Games and being able to teach them while not in school. They learn this number not just played.
Productive, hard labor
Street Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXSeptember 20, 2016
This job is a hard job at times but has great benefits and also helps you to gain experience on heavy equipment. Not all jobs you perform will be the same it varies from concrete work to running hot asphalt. Overall it is a good job and dependable.
Pros
1 hour lunches, friendly environment, free benefits
Na
SYSTEMS ANALYST I (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 17, 2016
Good company to work, Local government job, Good for long term employment. Good retirement benefits. Part of Law Enforcement, Recreation and Parks, Fire Rescue and Public Work.
Easy going work place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 12, 2016
Working at the City of Greenville was a great experience. I learned to drive dump trucks and other heavy equipment. This was one of my favorite jobs because I had the time to work and be my self at all times. I really enjoyed it.
Pros
Working alone
Cons
Maintenance Ground Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MS 38701March 17, 2016
Routinely picked up inmates for work detail,I learned alot about landscaping,management was fair and shared their knowledge,co-workers were professional and informative,hardest part was the summer months really physically demanding,most enjoyable was seeing our work progress and interacting with the public
Pros
work schedule
Cons
limited advancement
productive, great work environment
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSDecember 14, 2015
During a work day, I learned how to efficiently cut grass and maintain healthy relationships with my coworkers. The hardest part of the job was the summer heat while the most enjoyable part is being able to make Greenville look beautiful.
Pros
exercise
Cons
intern
Fun place to work!
Jr. golf coach (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 16, 2015
Bradford Creek is a great place to work for a part time position as a golf coach. Great interaction with customers and students. Only downside is its minimum wage.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Fun place to work
Cons
Minimum wage
Exceptional group of talented employees
Elected City Councilor (Current Employee) –  City of Greenville, State of MichiganJuly 27, 2015
Great city to work for, with many challenges on a daily basis. Perfect style of position to work and interact with persons from different socio-economic background, and to help resolve their problems or complaints.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Benefits packages were very low
fun
reffere (Current Employee) –  greenville txMay 28, 2015
this is just part time when its available i work i need something that i know i will be getting on this date this amount i love sports its really just a hobby
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 13, 2015
Everyone working towards the same goal. Great team environment. Having attained an Advanced Accounting Certificate which enabled me to sit for the CPA exam, I had been exposed to Governmental Accounting but had never had hands-on exposure to it. I learned a great deal about the nuances of Governmental Accounting and hope to utilize this knowledge in my future. Management was always very supportive.
productive
Landscaping (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 21, 2015
a lot of traveling and communicating to different people and also a lot of persuading my customers to sale their gold. then we could give them discounts for it also so they can get a good bit of money back
Pros
breaks
Cons
gas
A well run city
Engineer II - Capital Projects (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 6, 2015
Working for the City of Greenville, NC was a great experience. The have a city administrator in charge of day to day operations. A public works director (who was also an engineer) in charge of services. The staff was friendly (even to a Yankee) and the upper management that I met was informed and knew their business.
Pros
Helping residents, great staff, well organized
Work place
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXNovember 26, 2014
I've worked there for 31/2 years in the street dept the work was easy. The only thing is they babysit people that don't have the drive to do there job. They don't like giving raises unless your the city manager or the people in the upper offices. They stab you in the back.
Civil Service
B Shift Computer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 7, 2014
I loved being a firefighter for the City of Greenville. The experience has helped me in my life since I have retired.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Greenville. Our community is ready to answer.

City of Greenville Reviews by Location