City of Greenville

City of Greenville Employer Reviews

Productive workplace
HR Assistant (Current Employee), Greenville, SCSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: great environment, great people!!
Cons: no advancement
Great place to work. Co-workers are exceptionally great! Management is wonderful. The hardest part of my job is knowing that there is no growth in my department. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with others.
This entity is a fair however, there is little room for advancement and the salary is low.
Driver (Temporary) (Current Employee), Greenville, South CarolinaJuly 23, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: small chance for advancement
The day starts out with no briefing to the employees which is needed for morale. This would help in giving some insight of what is expected and just general knowledge of the how the operation is operating. The management team conducts are privately and appears bias in most cases. Fellow employees morale is low and the turn-over ratio is high. The hardest – more... part of the job is sitting with little to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is there is a slight chance of transferring to another department with the organization. – less
I enjoyed working there.
Customer Service Lot Attendant (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 1, 2014
Was a great place to work, everyone worked as a team. It was fun to direct customers to events and other places in Greenville.
Good place to work with good people
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMay 11, 2014
Pros: good staff and good healthcare plan
Cons: long commute from home and to school
Good staff and group of people to work with. Downfall no advancement opportunities. Very long commute to school and home.
Temporary employment in the Controller's Office, worked from September thru December 1981
Finance Department - Temporary (Former Employee), Greenville, TXJuly 15, 2013
I did not work for the City of Greenville very long. It was a temporary job, I was filling in for someone that had surgery. It was a pleasant place to work.
trash man
Solid Waste Collector (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 4, 2013
get to work at 7am and stay til 3:30pm or until job is done
empty trash can or collect recyclable materials
n/a
Summer Camp Counselor (Current Employee), Greenville, NCApril 25, 2013
n/a
love working with the kids
and also my co-workers
enjoy seeing the kids have fun
Excellent people to work with.
Police Records Clerk (Former Employee), Greenville, TXFebruary 25, 2013
Handling phone calls, dealing with the public, entering accident data and making CID case files. Complying with Public Information Act. Management was great. The hardest part was dealing with the juvenile files. The most enjoyable part was the people.
Family oriented environment
Captain (Current Employee), Greenville, MSFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: 24 hours on and 48 hours off.
Cons: being away from the family for 24 hours at a time
Most work is using teamwork. We eat, sleep, and put our lives on the line daily for our community and our selves. A typical work day consists of cleaning the stations and maintenance on our equipment. But the alarm can sound anytime, day or night and you have to be ready to go. The hardest part of the job is seeing someone loose there home or life. – more... The most enjoyable part is the comradery we share. – less
Loved this job
Truck driver (Former Employee), Greenville, SCDecember 17, 2012
Typical day would be loaded and unloaded truck and drive. Xpedx was a great company to work for.
lots of overtime work
general employee (Former Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 2, 2012
Pros: decent balance work/life
Cons: poor management.
almost endless opportunity for overtime. understaffed, so lots of opportunity to make extra money
Deep love for my job at City of Greenville
Financial Analyst/Grants Administrator (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 23, 2012
Pros: rewarding work, making lots of great contacts with great people
Cons: many aspects of community development can be very politically driven instead of plan-driven
I found a job very well suited for me at the City of Greenville. The functions of the position of financial analyst/grants administrator were challenging and very rewarding. My job, along with the other positions in the Community Development division was very unique in that we has specifically separate functions but all worked on several activities.

The – more... job was very rewarding and I hate the federally-formulated entitlement funds decreased to the point of forcing the City to dissolve 2 additional positions this year- one of them being mine. That makes 4 positions dissolved in the 16.4 years I was there. – less
Great benefits and a friendly work environment
Collections Officer (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJanuary 19, 2012
Pros: gym on site, insurance and retirement
Cons: location
The City of Greenville has many opportunties for employment. They offer wonderful benefits and create an family friendly environment. The education benefit is great for people who are going back to school. They also helped create a healthy work place by creating a gym onsite to be used by employee during the work day.