City of Greenville Employee Reviews in United States

Maintenance Ground Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MS 38701March 17, 2016
Routinely picked up inmates for work detail,I learned alot about landscaping,management was fair and shared their knowledge,co-workers were professional and informative,hardest part was the summer months really physically demanding,most enjoyable was seeing our work progress and interacting with the public
Pros
work schedule
Cons
limited advancement
Exceptional group of talented employees
Elected City Councilor (Current Employee) –  City of Greenville, State of MichiganJuly 27, 2015
Great city to work for, with many challenges on a daily basis. Perfect style of position to work and interact with persons from different socio-economic background, and to help resolve their problems or complaints.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Benefits packages were very low
Easy going work place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 12, 2016
Working at the City of Greenville was a great experience. I learned to drive dump trucks and other heavy equipment. This was one of my favorite jobs because I had the time to work and be my self at all times. I really enjoyed it.
Pros
Working alone
productive, great work environment
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSDecember 14, 2015
During a work day, I learned how to efficiently cut grass and maintain healthy relationships with my coworkers. The hardest part of the job was the summer heat while the most enjoyable part is being able to make Greenville look beautiful.
Pros
exercise
Cons
intern
Work place
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXNovember 26, 2014
I've worked there for 31/2 years in the street dept the work was easy. The only thing is they babysit people that don't have the drive to do there job. They don't like giving raises unless your the city manager or the people in the upper offices. They stab you in the back.
Great benefits and a friendly work environment
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 19, 2012
The City of Greenville has many opportunties for employment. They offer wonderful benefits and create an family friendly environment. The education benefit is great for people who are going back to school. They also helped create a healthy work place by creating a gym onsite to be used by employee during the work day.
Pros
gym on site, insurance and retirement
Cons
location
Fun place to work!
Jr. golf coach (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 16, 2015
Bradford Creek is a great place to work for a part time position as a golf coach. Great interaction with customers and students. Only downside is its minimum wage.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Fun place to work
Cons
Minimum wage
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 13, 2015
Everyone working towards the same goal. Great team environment. Having attained an Advanced Accounting Certificate which enabled me to sit for the CPA exam, I had been exposed to Governmental Accounting but had never had hands-on exposure to it. I learned a great deal about the nuances of Governmental Accounting and hope to utilize this knowledge in my future. Management was always very supportive.
This entity is a fair however, there is little room for advancement and the salary is low.
Driver (Temporary) (Current Employee) –  Greenville, South CarolinaJuly 23, 2014
The day starts out with no briefing to the employees which is needed for morale. This would help in giving some insight of what is expected and just general knowledge of the how the operation is operating. The management team conducts are privately and appears bias in most cases. Fellow employees morale is low and the turn-over ratio is high. The hardest part of the job is sitting with little to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is there is a slight chance of transferring to another department with the organization.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
small chance for advancement
Productive workplace
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 4, 2014
Great place to work. Co-workers are exceptionally great! Management is wonderful. The hardest part of my job is knowing that there is no growth in my department. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with others.
Pros
great environment, great people!!
Cons
no advancement

Want to know more about City of Greenville?

Ask a question
A well run city
Engineer II - Capital Projects (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 6, 2015
Working for the City of Greenville, NC was a great experience. The have a city administrator in charge of day to day operations. A public works director (who was also an engineer) in charge of services. The staff was friendly (even to a Yankee) and the upper management that I met was informed and knew their business.
Pros
helping residents, great staff, well organized
Good place to work with good people
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 11, 2014
Good staff and group of people to work with. Downfall no advancement opportunities. Very long commute to school and home.
Pros
good staff and good healthcare plan
Cons
long commute from home and to school
fun
reffere (Current Employee) –  greenville txMay 28, 2015
this is just part time when its available i work i need something that i know i will be getting on this date this amount i love sports its really just a hobby
Deep love for my job at City of Greenville
Financial Analyst/Grants Administrator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 23, 2012
I found a job very well suited for me at the City of Greenville. The functions of the position of financial analyst/grants administrator were challenging and very rewarding. My job, along with the other positions in the Community Development division was very unique in that we has specifically separate functions but all worked on several activities.

The job was very rewarding and I hate the federally-formulated entitlement funds decreased to the point of forcing the City to dissolve 2 additional positions this year- one of them being mine. That makes 4 positions dissolved in the 16.4 years I was there.
Pros
rewarding work, making lots of great contacts with great people
Cons
many aspects of community development can be very politically driven instead of plan-driven
productive
Landscaping (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 21, 2015
a lot of traveling and communicating to different people and also a lot of persuading my customers to sale their gold. then we could give them discounts for it also so they can get a good bit of money back
Pros
breaks
Cons
gas
Family oriented environment
Captain (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MSFebruary 15, 2013
Most work is using teamwork. We eat, sleep, and put our lives on the line daily for our community and our selves. A typical work day consists of cleaning the stations and maintenance on our equipment. But the alarm can sound anytime, day or night and you have to be ready to go. The hardest part of the job is seeing someone loose there home or life. The most enjoyable part is the comradery we share.
Pros
24 hours on and 48 hours off.
Cons
being away from the family for 24 hours at a time
Excellent people to work with.
Police Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXFebruary 25, 2013
Handling phone calls, dealing with the public, entering accident data and making CID case files. Complying with Public Information Act. Management was great. The hardest part was dealing with the juvenile files. The most enjoyable part was the people.
lots of overtime work
general employee (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 2, 2012
almost endless opportunity for overtime. understaffed, so lots of opportunity to make extra money
Pros
decent balance work/life
Cons
poor management.
Civil Service
B Shift Computer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 7, 2014
I loved being a firefighter for the City of Greenville. The experience has helped me in my life since I have retired.
Temporary employment in the Controller's Office, worked from September thru December 1981
Finance Department - Temporary (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXJuly 15, 2013
I did not work for the City of Greenville very long. It was a temporary job, I was filling in for someone that had surgery. It was a pleasant place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Greenville. Our community is ready to answer.

City of Greenville Reviews by Location