City of Greenwood Employee Reviews

Nice place to work for and good benefits.
Parks and Recreation (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, ARMarch 30, 2015
You come to work and you do your job, if you can do that you're in the right place. They don't ask too much of you, just show up on time, be safe and do your job. There are some management issues that need to be worked out, but nothing too serious. You meet some interesting people at the city of all different races and backgrounds and can make some really good friends. The hardest part of the job is working in the elements, for instance in my field our busy time is mowing season and it gets hot, sometimes extremely hot and you're working your tail off to get the job done, but when it comes to lawn care, your job is never done, but it has its good as well, we have really good benefits that help beyond words.
Pros
Pretty laid back, as long as you show up and do your job that's all they ask.
Cons
The pay isn't very good for the work you do, You do work hard, but you don't get paid well for the kind of work you do.
Overall not a good work environment
Firefighter/Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSJune 30, 2015
A typical day was to clean the fire department and check out and clean fire engine. We never knew from minute to minute, when we would get the next call regarding a fire. I learned from the ground up what it meant to be a fireman and how important the job was. Our management was not always fair and quite a few of co-workers did not want to carry their load. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the personalities at work. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was making a difference helping the public in their very stressful times.
Pros
Helping others.
Cons
Management was hard to work with as were a number of co-workers
Very successful, family owned company, that grew really fast in a short amount of time.
Alderman (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MOJune 17, 2012
A typical day at work would include arriving slightly after the dispatchers and slightly before the service techs arrived. I would make sure all dispatching questions were answered prior to techs receiving their calls. I would make sure the install coordinator had the install ready for the day. I would spend most of the morning fielding phone calls from manufacture's reps and other outside sales associates. I would spend the afternoon and evenings running estimates.

Since Boan was my first HVAC job, I learned all things related to managing, coordinating, and making profitable a heating and cooling company.

Management was very thorough and employee/family friendly.

Co-workers were reliable, appreciative, and trustworthy.

The hardest part of the job was coming up with new ideas to overcome the obstacles associated with not so cold Winters, and not so hot Summers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was again, satisfying customers needs and exceeding their expectations.
Pros
consistent growth
Cons
competition
watching the city grow
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJuly 11, 2012
make out permits for sewers, answer the phone, wait on customers, how to deal with customers, very small office, co-workers all males, hardest part making sure that there was a permit for each lot in a new subdivision, fun part was meeting people.
Pros
working with the public
Cons
not enough work to keep you busy
Extremely challenging and fulfilling
Uptown Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMarch 1, 2013
I had the privilege of meeting people and doing things that I would have otherwise not had the opportunity to do. I also had the pleasure of watching Uptown Greenwood flourish and the events grow in popularity.