City of Henderson

City of Henderson Employer Reviews

A Place To Call Home
Lifeguard w/WSI and Senior Lifeguard (Current Employee), Henderson, NVFebruary 20, 2015
Working for the City of Henderson for the past three years, I have learned a lot of things, the first, and most important thing I believe I learned was to be a leader and be responsible for your actions. The management and coworkers are by far the best part about the job, everyone is like one large family. The hardest part of the job is to maintain your composure when an emergency takes place, it is all about being calm and collected.
Awesome place to work
Silver Springs Recreation Center (Former Employee), Henderson, NevadaFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: changing peoples lives, advancement, great benifits, good scheduling, good training
Cons: management.
really good place to work, you get to really make a difference in the way people live their lives. There are lots of different departments so there is a lot of room for advancing your career.
GREAT
Recreation Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Henderson,NVFebruary 4, 2015
everyone is great. I loved the job. very stressful. my boss was great. love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it
Great people to work with
Equipment Operator III (Former Employee), Henderson, NVDecember 8, 2014
I had a great experience with the City Of Henderson for 18 years.
Dis-functional work environment, but a last resort nontheless.
Kitchen Aide (Current Employee), Heritage Senior Parks FacilityOctober 2, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: little pay with no hope of more hours or more money no matter how hard a person works.
I took this job because I don't want to work in "gentlemen's" clubs. The people are great to work with. It is difficult to get fired. Unfortunately, there are many budget cuts coming down and little formal training. Also, many of the bosses do not get along with one another. It is exhausting work for little pay. One up side is that at least I have a viable work history now.
It's A Job
Surface Water Treatment Plant Operaor (Former Employee), Henderson, TXJune 28, 2014
Pros: some good people to work with
Cons: everyone is replaceable
To much politics. Bosses don't have your back. To much stress.
Extreemly professional and positive work environment
Government / GSA FF&E & Procurement Consultant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 17, 2014
The City of Henderson is an example of a superb Government Facility with a friendly and extremely professional work environment.
Enjoyable workplace!
Senior Recreation Assistant (Former Employee), Henderson, NVMay 5, 2014
Pros: room for advancement to a certain extent.
The eight years that I worked for the City of Henderson were the most memorable years of my life. I started out in 2004 as a volunteer Counselor in Training. I was a CIT until March 2006. In April 2006 I applied to be a Recreation Assistant I. A year later I got promoted to a Recreation Assistant II and when I graduated High School in 2008, I got promoted to a Senior Recreation Assistant. I learned so much while being a Senior Recreation Assistant. As a SRA I was responsible for training new staff members as well as supervising 20+ staff members. A typical day at work was filing emergency forms, participation forms, processing transactions, scheduling appointments, cash handling, organizing and cleaning storage, front desk, and play areas, organizing events and daily routines for the kids zone program, daily communicate to staff as well as my supervisor, etc. I didn't find anything that challenging about the job probably because of how long I have been working there. I'm sure when I first started working it was challenging because everything was new, but it's like any job, you get the hang of things. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the public. Overall my experience was wonderful!
Fun workplace for my job after high school
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Henderson, NVDecember 9, 2013
I learned how to save lives by becoming Lifeguard certified. The hardest part of the job was switching the lane-lines, and the easiest was sitting on stand watching over the pool.
A wonderful place to work!
ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Henderson, NVDecember 5, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed my years at the City of Henderson. The pay and benefits are top-notch and the four-day work weeks make life a breeze. I would have worked there until retirement (20+ more years) if I hadn't moved away.
My most exciting career
Executive Secretary to the Mayor and Council (Former Employee), Henderson, NVNovember 5, 2013
The City of Henderson was so new and exciting. I was able to get involved with everything! The Mayor and Council always had things going on. Whether it be city council meetings or a parade. My day was never the same on a daily basis. The hardest part was receiving the complaint calls. But with the great group of elected officials I worked for, they made it easy to turn these complaint calls into a positive. Watching the city I loved and lived in grow was amazing to me. And to see what government was really like behind the scenes was a great learning experience, not only for me but also for my kids.
productive,fun,different
Senior Recreational Assistant (Current Employee), HendersonOctober 1, 2013
Pros: works well with school
Cons: no hours on weekends
Working with children always made my day different. It is such a rewarding job. Of course the days can be polar opposite depending on how the kids feel. Overall it's a wonderful and fun job
Productive fun learning environment
Senior Recreation Assistant (Former Employee), Henderson, NVJuly 29, 2013
A typical work day at the preschool was always a fun learning place. It started off with teaching the children their letters, numbers, shapes and colors. With great co-workers we all helped each other in teaching the children numerous things.
Nice job!
Office Assistant/Floater (Former Employee), Henderson, NVJune 22, 2013
Pros: nice place
The best work if you can get it! I would go back to the COH in a heart beat if Ihad the opportunity.
Fun and structured
Recreation Assistant II (Former Employee), Henderson, NVApril 20, 2013
Pleasant work environment. First job as a teenager. Great entry-level job.
fun place to work with kids while teaching them morals and values
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee), Henderson, NVFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: working with the kids
• Helped children with their homework and questions on problems they did not understand showing an ability to work with people of all ages and work on their level
• Helped children learn how to handle misunderstandings with other children without resorting to violence, name calling, and bullying to show the correct and best way to handle situations
• Came up with activities to keep the children active and entertained after homework was completed
Great Employees
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee), Henderson, KYDecember 11, 2012
The employees are great and very friendly. The employees do a great job within the City
Fun place to work
Recreation Assistant/Recreation Assistant (Former Employee), Henderson, NvDecember 3, 2012
Fun place to work but they play favorites. They staff is pretty laid back even the managers. Only con is play favorites when it comes to promotions.
normal pace
Mower (Former Employee), Henderson, TXAugust 22, 2012
worked with others at a normal pace to complete certain tasks. regular 40 hours a week
productive fun work place