City of Henderson Employee Reviews

Excellent work environment, ideal schedule and compensation.
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 24, 2017
Working with city officials directly allowed you to be involved in the daily operations of the Mayor and Councils offices. Great coworkers, comfortable work environment, and ideal schedule of 4, 10 hour shifts Mon. - Thurs. Conducive to family life having weekends free beginning Fridays.
Pros
Working directly with city officials, free catered lunches for all city meetings.
Shark Tank
lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 24, 2017
If you would like to move up in this area you have to continue to show patience with mangers that are struggling with there jobs. It is really hard and they work you more than you should be paid.
Great work environment
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 15, 2017
Enjoyed all that I came in contact with. PWPR is a phenomenal department and fosters great working relationships. The team I worked with interacted with all departments and I learned so much from the desk to the field.
Productive and Fun, Easy to learn experiences
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 11, 2017
Thursdays are Fridays. It is an excellent relaxed/competitive work environment. I feel like this is an excellent work environment if you want to sit in an office all day and have job security. I am thankful for my opportunity to work there, however I was using it more as to get my foot in the door towards private recreation.
Great city to work for...
Lead Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 5, 2017
but job evaluations should be done regularly. The city does a great job at making their employees feel great, but I feel there needs to be more attention at how their supervisors are performing as well.
you have to know the right people
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 26, 2017
there was no room for advancement. You had to know the right people. Most people that work there are related to each other in some form. Favoritism is definitely shown. They kind of make the rules up as they go and the union is more for the City then it is the union members.
City of Henderson
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  HendersonApril 25, 2017
A typical work day would be checking people into the pool, I learned to use mircosoft word. Hardest part of the job was some hours there was nothing to do. That everyone was nice and got along and made work easy
Fun work with a lot of potential for interesting expereinces
Lead Recreation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 12, 2017
Every day is a little different and has a lot of opportunities for new things to happen. A lot of small problems may arise and must be quick to solve them.

Every customer enjoys coming to events/programs because the company as a whole has a positive image and is run well.
Pros
Working with the public in an open and friendly environment
Cons
Low hours no benefits for part time and hard to get full time status
Great benefits & pay. Unfortunately nepotism & politics make it not worth it
Employee (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 10, 2017
City offers many different departments and careers. As a whole the city has high expectations for experience and abilities but compensates very well to have some of the best staffing of any municipality.

Some departments are great, other are riddled with cronyism and politics so unbearable and counterproductive it makes giving up the great pay and benefits seem worth it.

Hard to speak out or speak up -even as a private citizen, against city council agenda items without fear of repercussions when back on duty.
Pros
Pay, benefits, duty and quality of service.
Cons
Nepotism, cronyism, politics.
Great for students
Aquatics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 20, 2017
Flexible hours and easy to deal with management. Hard work is rewarded with more hours, flexible scheduling, and work site choice. And is a fun place to work.
Working for the City of Henderson was fun and taught me a lot.
Therapeutic-Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 19, 2017
A typical day at work was very fast, and easy. I learned how to file important documents. My managers were very nice and helpful. The hardest part of my job was not getting attached to the participants.
Pros
Workers Comp, Good environment.
Cons
Pay was low
good work enviroment with fun people
Front Desk Clerk - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 7, 2017
My daily activities involved charging people to swim at the pool and keeping track of the amount of people entering. Good work environment and it taught me to be more respectful of what is given to me.
Recreational Asssistant
Parks and Rec. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 19, 2017
Anything at the park or schools that i could help with and that was needed. Mostly job pertained with student activities and keeping up with a set schedule.
Fun, healthy teaching evniorment
Recreational Assistant for summer kids zone (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 16, 2017
Working at the recreational center we started off the day with all the activites happening, then we went to continue the day with different rooms filled with different activities. I worked with one other leader in ym group who was a great role model and really cared for the children. The job seemed simple but it had its difficultiles, mainly in having oter leaders mistreat their groups. It was difficult to see, But I feel as though I handled the situation according. I truly enjoyed teaching the children and growing in a fun loving energetic environment.
Pros
Fun energetic enviornment
Cons
Co-workers having minimal child care knowledge
Entry Level Position
camp counselor/front desk (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVDecember 15, 2016
working at the city of Henderson was definitely a great learning experience. I gathered much needed skills to get me ready for other types of work. It was nice way to get your feet wet into the working world. Everyday was a new learning experience with interacting with guest everyday.
downtown rec center
Recreational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NV 89015December 15, 2016
great first job, learned a lot. amazing experience for youth in city of henderson.

Please see my resume for my daily routine
Good place for a first job
Lifeguard and Water Safety Instructor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVDecember 1, 2016
Overall, when i was in high school the job was wonderful and provided me with additional spending money. As i got older and more aware of the management side of the company, and pool, i learned that advancing is very difficult unless you are friends with the full time management. A typical work day was usually slow and very dull, the same patrons came to the pool at the same time every day without fail. I learned the importance of teamwork and how important it is to communicate with team members in a high stress situation to avoid failure. The management was alright, but when half of the management team is less knowledgeable about the pool, less mature, and overall less qualified, its hard to take anything anyone had to say seriously. The people that worked there as employees (not managers or full time staff) were absolutely amazing, i loved working with them and they always made any bad situation really pleasing. There was nothing hard about the job, i sat and watched people swim all day, and i never even saved anyone. The most enjoyable part of the job was most definitely leaving the pool at the end of my shift.
Pros
15-30 minute breaks every hour
Cons
terrible management.
Excellent First Job, Not so much a variable career
Senior Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Whitney Ranch AquaticsOctober 8, 2016
It's an excellent first job or a job to have if you are going through school, but beyond that, it's not a very good job. The work can be fun and laid back, but it's often overshadowed by the low pay and upper management.
Pros
the work can be fun and relaxed at times, the atmosphere and culture is great, awesome Co-workers, flexible Schedule
Cons
no benefits for PT employees, difficult to climb ladder, at times forced to work through lunch breaks, a lot of favoritism from upper management, paid lower than anywhere else in the area
Fun job with good benefits.
Swim Coach (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 22, 2016
Working for the city of Henderson taught me a lot of responsibility and allowed me to meet and bond with patrons and co-workers. It was a great first job.
Was a fun experience
Site Leader (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NV 89011September 2, 2016
It was great knowing how things worked within the city. Working for them was an honor and memories will be forever remembered. The people was the best
Pros
always had a job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Henderson. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3