City of Henderson Employee Reviews in United States

fun place to work
Senior Recreational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 24, 2016
preparation and organization planning each week
i learned to be patient and to listen to what each kid had to say when there was a conflict
management was fair enough
co-workers had all different personalities good relationship with all
the hardest part I would say is how to explain to parents the reason why their child was in trouble
the most enjoyable part of my job were the activities we planned for the kids and the great accomplishments at the end when the kids would tell us how much fun they had
Pros
reading books, sports equipment, arts and crafts materials, free snacks for the kids, movies, directions on paper
Waste water operator I utility service person I.II (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 21, 2015
Great place to work with great bosses and upper management. The workplace offered many positions within and such a huge variety of equipment to work with and repair there was no way to stop learning.
Pros
4 day work weeks, Held to a high standard of work quality.
Cons
Ever changing personalities with different work ethics.
Worked Holiday season.
Employee Benefits Assistant (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 17, 2015
Nice place to work as a temporary seasonal position. Enjoyed the experience. Worked as a cashier in the men's section - was very busy, but was only there for three months.
Great place
city alderman (Current Employee) –  Henderson, TNOctober 14, 2015
GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND RETIRE. Great advancement opp. time to get to know people of Henderson, their likes, dislikes, and what matters to them.
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 12, 2015
Great place to work!

I enjoy the variety that my position offers.

I am learning more everyday about the insurance field.

My co-workers are great!
Pros
4 day work week
Great
Assistant Aquatic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 29, 2015
Desk job, good opportunities to influence young adults in the work place, pretty open minded to money generating ideas, hard to communicate with some other departments..
a typical day at work
Water Safety Instructor (Former Employee) –  HendersonSeptember 21, 2015
I would normally go into work in the morning around eight a.m. and then start teaching swim lessons for a few hours. I would then transition to a position where I was enforcing rooms and making sure everyone was doing okay while they were swimming.
Could be great, but
Officer (Former Employee) –  Police Department Henderson, NVSeptember 21, 2015
While the City of Henderson has many MANY good things going for them, which can be accredited to the choices the politicians have made in recent years (which allowed the City to weather the economic storm the Vegas Valley has seen), there is still a huge problem with the closed-mindedness the City insists they operate under. When suggestions are solicited (only on rare occasion!), there is never feedback or any closure to anything that is sent forward. You might as well email it to a black hole.
Policies in place are constantly overridden by the newest email, which almost always is at odds with policy. And when that contradiction is pointed out, they just change it at will because it's more convenient.
Pros
pay, benefits, stable employment
Cons
contradictory values, ever-changing standards
Great place to work. hated to leave.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYSeptember 15, 2015
I worked for the Finance Department Accounts Payable doing data entry. co-workers were awesome. loved everything about the job and people.
too many favorites
Aquatics, Full Time Manager (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 1, 2015
I think the job is beneficial but full of corrupt people and it's all about who you know and how well you suck up. That is all they really care about when it comes to being promoted.
City of Henderson
SENIOR RECREATION ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 7, 2015
I work in the Youth Enrichment department. An average day I spent managing staff and participants. I do various documentations and the work load is very manageable. I learned that working the city you rally have no room for advancement unless you are well like by everyone. Management from the bosses are very well done although favoritism is noticeable. Co-workers are some of the best people to spend the day with. The hardest part about the job is being able to balance documents, participants, parents, and staff while keeping a easy going work environment. the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to meet new people and really having a connecting with them.
Pros
The hours for Students
Cons
no benefits, no advancement
A fun work place with amazing opportunities
Lifeguard/WSI (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 3, 2015
A typical day working with the City was mainly stress free and fun. Each day was a new experience and you create memories there that you will never be able to forget. Through working for the City for 4 years, I learned amazing customer service skills and I was able to attain so many certifications through their organization. I was lucky enough to manage there for one summer. That position gave me the opportunity to mature and supervise over 100 lifeguards.
Cons
no healthcare, bad hours during winter season
A Place To Call Home
Lifeguard w/WSI and Senior Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 20, 2015
Working for the City of Henderson for the past three years, I have learned a lot of things, the first, and most important thing I believe I learned was to be a leader and be responsible for your actions. The management and coworkers are by far the best part about the job, everyone is like one large family. The hardest part of the job is to maintain your composure when an emergency takes place, it is all about being calm and collected.
Awesome place to work
Silver Springs Recreation Center (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NevadaFebruary 6, 2015
really good place to work, you get to really make a difference in the way people live their lives. There are lots of different departments so there is a lot of room for advancing your career.
Pros
changing peoples lives, advancement, great benifits, good scheduling, good training
Cons
management.
Great people to work with
Equipment Operator III (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVDecember 8, 2014
I had a great experience with the City Of Henderson for 18 years.
Dis-functional work environment, but a last resort nontheless.
Kitchen Aide (Current Employee) –  Heritage Senior Parks FacilityOctober 2, 2014
I took this job because I don't want to work in "gentlemen's" clubs. The people are great to work with. It is difficult to get fired. Unfortunately, there are many budget cuts coming down and little formal training. Also, many of the bosses do not get along with one another. It is exhausting work for little pay. One up side is that at least I have a viable work history now.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
little pay with no hope of more hours or more money no matter how hard a person works.
It's A Job
Surface Water Treatment Plant Operaor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, TXJune 28, 2014
To much politics. Bosses don't have your back. To much stress.
Pros
some good people to work with
Cons
everyone is replaceable
Extreemly professional and positive work environment
Government / GSA FF&E & Procurement Consultant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 17, 2014
The City of Henderson is an example of a superb Government Facility with a friendly and extremely professional work environment.
Enjoyable workplace!
Senior Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 5, 2014
The eight years that I worked for the City of Henderson were the most memorable years of my life. I started out in 2004 as a volunteer Counselor in Training. I was a CIT until March 2006. In April 2006 I applied to be a Recreation Assistant I. A year later I got promoted to a Recreation Assistant II and when I graduated High School in 2008, I got promoted to a Senior Recreation Assistant. I learned so much while being a Senior Recreation Assistant. As a SRA I was responsible for training new staff members as well as supervising 20+ staff members. A typical day at work was filing emergency forms, participation forms, processing transactions, scheduling appointments, cash handling, organizing and cleaning storage, front desk, and play areas, organizing events and daily routines for the kids zone program, daily communicate to staff as well as my supervisor, etc. I didn't find anything that challenging about the job probably because of how long I have been working there. I'm sure when I first started working it was challenging because everything was new, but it's like any job, you get the hang of things. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the public. Overall my experience was wonderful!
Pros
room for advancement to a certain extent.
Fun workplace for my job after high school
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVDecember 9, 2013
I learned how to save lives by becoming Lifeguard certified. The hardest part of the job was switching the lane-lines, and the easiest was sitting on stand watching over the pool.

4.4