City of Hope

City of Hope Employee Reviews

Clinical II Nurse (Current Employee), Duarte, CAMay 5, 2015
Pros: Wonderful learning opportunities
Cons: Extremely busy and short staffed
Clinical research unit is the best group I have worked with in a long time. Strong group of nurses with a great sense of team spirit. Awesome managers that support us.
productive, nice work atmosphere
Medi-cal Collector (Current Employee), Monrovia, CAApril 24, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: Union member
City of Hope has a welcoming environment.
Co-workers are friendly.
Work is easy.
Director is commendable.
it is close to my home.
They are great
Associate Director, Office of Technology Licensing (Current Employee), Duarte, CAApril 14, 2015
Pros: mission
Cons: pay
They are really really great. I like working for City of Hope. Its fullfilling to work for an institution with such a meaningful mission.
Great co-workers. Upper management not so transparent with long term plans.
SR Application Support Analyst (Current Employee), Duarte CAApril 6, 2015
I love what I do which is helping people in any way shape or form. Sometimes management takes the fun out of it by micromanaging.
Volunteer Assistance
Volunteer (Former Employee), Duarte, CAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: satisfying feeling of helping out the patients
Cons: far commute
As a volunteer I filed papers, stocked patients files and wrote new shift for nurses. I learned as a high school project that this facility was very clean and sanitized. Management was very understanding about what I needed out of this volunteering experience. My co-workers were more like supervisors to show me what I was able to do. The hardest part of the job was all the tests and blood work I had to do to volunteer at this facility. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the filing and organizing I got to do for the patients files.
Allow you to grow and show your own abiliities.
Biller/Collector (Current Employee), Monrovia, CAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: dream job because of how much they do for our community.
Cons: will never be permanent. always on a permanent freeze.
A Wonderful working environment for those who are permanent. For those who are contract- There are no health benefits, no paid holidays, and not included in many day to day functions of the office. Even has a separate section where we sit by ourselves and not with our groups. Absolutely impossible to get in even when overly qualified for the positions. Every position is overloaded and months behind in work due to lack of hiring much needed people.

April 6, 2015

I would encourage this person to discuss what benefits are available through the agency that is paying them. They may have health benefits as well as earn paid time off after working so many hours for them.

Transcribed medical reports.
MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST (DIAGNOSTIC RADIOLOGY (Former Employee), Duarte, CAFebruary 14, 2015
I transcribed diagnostic radiology and radiation oncology reports. I learned different computer programs for my job specifically and hospital wide. I enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Duarte, CAFebruary 13, 2015
A typical day working for City of Hope was great you do grow attach to your patient since they basically live there in the cottages you seem them every day its a difficult when you seem them at their worst time and its a celebration when they get great news . The providers are great City of hope i would recommend to anyone whom would find themselves with a diagnosis of cancer you would have a great people taking care of you
Post-doctoral fellow (Former Employee), Duarte, CADecember 14, 2014
City of Hope is a wonderful place to work. Hope the management continues to keep up the nice academic and research environment.
Challenging Work Environment
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Arcadia, CADecember 10, 2014
Conflicting priorities, us against them attitude in the IT department in 2014. Perhaps this will change as the organization grows.
Job Review
Clinical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Duarte, CANovember 22, 2014
Pros: its a beautiful campus
Cons: management is not professional
City of Hope has a great focus on patient care and it is executed successfully.
Wonderful mission
Scientific Writer (Current Employee), Duarte, CANovember 10, 2014
The scientists are kind and hard-working. I appreciate the country club-like environment and the intellectual enthusiasm.
Fast Paced, exciting, inspiring place to work.
Duarte - Ambulatory Care Assistant (Former Employee), Duarte, Ca.November 5, 2014
Pros: everyone contributed to bringing snacks or lunch and talked issues out.
Cons: sometimes it was too busy and understaffed.
I would normally begin at 7 am. Stock the rooms, make sure orders are sent to pharmacy for patients scheduled. File charts, prep for nurses. Begin to bring patients in, vitals, room patients. Maintain inventory, monitor patients vitals during chemo, infusions and blood and platelet transfusions. Answer phones and keep ongoing communication between patients, nurses and doctors. On my feet all day except on breaks, but worth it because the patients are inspiring and down to earth.
It was one of my greatest experiences as an employee I have every had.
Customer Service Representative (Contract) (Current Employee), Duarte, CAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: work experience in a medical facility and environment to work with patients.
Cons: knowing the assignment will end soon.
A typical day at work would involve me meeting many interesting people. I learned patience and lots of understanding, everyone has a story. Management was great, very understanding, kind, knowledgeable and informative. The hardest part of the day was to be empathetic and /or sympathic, without wearing my heart on my sleeve. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that every day I came to work knowing, I was going to help some one in some kind of way. Whether it was just smiling and say a few kind words or simply doing my job helping the patient(s) register for the Patient Portal. I go home feeling GREAT about myself, with a feeling of self worth.
Medical billing
Medical Biller and Collections (Former Employee), Duarte, CAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Great company to work for, I would love to come back and work for City of Hope directly,
Fun Rasing Money for Women Cancer
Office Facilitator (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: takes breaks for as long as i want
Cons: long days
This job is very fun to me because I am not always in one place. Usually, I am organizing and planning different events each week. I am on the phone with vendors and clients to answer any questions they have. Also, I deal with major hair product companies to get them to donate anything that will benefit women. When I am not on the phone, I am walking around the city to pick up or drop off different things. My manager and other co-workers are amazing people to work with. There is independent work, however, we are always there for one another and work as a team.
Very good institute
Biostatistician I (Former Employee), Duarte, CAOctober 1, 2014
Co workers are very friendly.
Working environment is nice.
Great company to work for if person ants to advance
Central Service Technician (Former Employee), Duarte, CASeptember 25, 2014
If someone is truly motivated to work and advance through the different fields this is definitely the company to work for. The compensation is superb and management is very flexible with most schedules.
very busy office
Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 20, 2014
office is very bust but extremely short staffed. lacks a lot of management
Training and work enviroment
Student Therapist-Radiation Therapy (Former Employee), Duarte, CAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: happy and content staff
COH has a highly dedicated staff with little to no turnover. Those that are employed here intend to stay. The patient care and attention to detail leave little to no room for improvement.

1 2 3 4

About City of Hope

Founded in 1913, City of Hope is one of only 41 comprehensive cancer centers in the nation, as designated by the National Cancer – Read more