City of Hope Employee Reviews

Hyped
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CANovember 11, 2017
The place is all hype(orientation only) but doesn't support staff and don't make any suggestions( about anything then upper management turn on you. If making suggestion or complaints about unreasonable working conditions, and harmful environment no support for staff.
Pros
Orientation
Cons
awful food, no breaks, smoke exposure and insentive work enviorment
A Great Place.
Assistant Event Coordinator Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 8, 2017
As an intern, I found my time there to be very informative and enjoyable. Most of my time was just research, and data entry, other times I am organizing some areas of the office, doing courier tasks for the manager, and making outgoing calls to high-end business.
Pros
Very welcoming people, an insightful place get a glimpse of the real world, and in a great part of the city.
Cons
The commute can be difficult.
The Hospital is Great
Research (Former Employee) –  BeckmanNovember 6, 2017
The research department has no management. The culture in the research side is awful. The hospital side is well managed and a nice place to be. COH needs to take a long hard look at the HR department.
Poor Management
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CANovember 5, 2017
Management need to be trained in how to step in and cover for employees when short staffed. A lot of favortism. Not a lot of opportunity for growth. They select candidates based more on who you know not what you know.
Company really cared
Admitting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAOctober 28, 2017
The supervision staff was truly there in order to help you grow. They were very understanding of me being a student while working and after I told them that school was a priority, they never asked me to stay late if they knew I had an exam coming up. They communicated very well and really did care about their staff and patients.
City of Hope is an amazing place to work
Lead Administrative House Supervisor (Current Employee) –  HelfordOctober 25, 2017
City of Hope is an amazing place to work. This organization has a vision and is making great stride to achieve their vision. City of Hopes mission is to transform the future of health. we know we can do it. we already have.
Temp Central
Scanning Clerk (Current Employee) –  Monrovia, CAOctober 12, 2017
I have worked here for almost a year and they seem to go through people quickly. They hire a lot of temps (like me) and do not offer much job security. If you manage to get a position with the company rather than an agency you are much better off. The people that have worked here for a while seem to be okay with their jobs and some really do enjoy their work. They have meetings with bagels and there's always coffee brewing.
Pros
Nice location
Cons
job security and advancement
COH review
Lead iOS Developer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 11, 2017
City of Hope is a good place to work overall. My experience working for the City of Hope positively influenced my career to better my managerial skills and technical abilities.
Pros
Good people
Cons
The patient access department is very unorganized and the training for the position sucks
Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CASeptember 25, 2017
I would recommend working for the establishment but be careful what department you apply for. The CIty of Hope is growning and it would be an awesome place to work once they finish with all the development.
Fast paced
CONSULTANT, ADMITTING & GUEST SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CASeptember 13, 2017
Radiology department is a fast paced department which makes your day go by quickly. Working for seven departments can get hectic. Not good when the depts get backed up and patient's are not happy of the long waits.
Pros
Day go by quickly
Cons
Short Staffed
Great
COMPLIANCE AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAAugust 24, 2017
Enjoyed working for this company. Learned a lot of Evaluation and Management and enjoyed the great camaraderie with the people and they were very helpful.
Prouctive work place
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CA 91010August 13, 2017
I did inventory for the hoisprtial for supplies and equipment that are needed to run the hospital.amswer phones filling and data enrty,answer in coming calls
Pros
great place to work
Cons
heathcare
City of Hope
Contact Rep III (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CAJuly 25, 2017
I love that city of hope also thinks about the patients Family members as well as the patietns and offers services for caregivers as well. City of hope has some really kind and loving clinicians and they work well with the contact reps. The most difficult part is not being able to always give the patient what they want due to clinic schedules being full or dealing with a Angry family member or patient. I love the pediatric parade that city of hope does around Halloween and I like that Everyone is always willing to help eachother.
Pros
Earned Vacation time . Sick Time and Holiday Pay
Cons
Short Lunches
Leadership issues will hopefully be resolved through transformation
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irwindale, CAJuly 20, 2017
Any review of City of Hope related to IT and related information services is quite irrelevant prior to 2017 due to major transformations underway as part of the Epic implementation. Work/life balance support is old fashioned and inadequate (no remote work, limited scheduling flexibility).
Pros
Amazing advancements in science and clinical care
Cons
Leadership (or lack thereof)
Fun workplace to interact with people
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CAJuly 18, 2017
It's a fun workplace to interact with patients , nurses, doctors, etc. I've met a lot of patients that I've become very close to and I care for them as if they were a family member.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Nice place to work
Pathology Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAJuly 13, 2017
Was a very good job with great benefits. Unfortunately too may lay offs including me. We were required to join the union and pay union dues but the union was never very helpful to us especially when they laid us off. The anatomic pathology dept where I worked as a great dept with nice coworkers. I have no idea how it is now.
city of hope is a great place to work for.
Radiation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CAJuly 8, 2017
city of hope is a great place to work for. The place is great, is very welcoming and the campus is so beautiful. I love all the different plants around campus and they have an awesome cafeteria. They have a valet service for the patients. I think that is a great thing to have, specially for the patients that can't walk that far because they don't feel good.
Great place to learn and grow
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAJuly 8, 2017
A typical day consisted of inoculating and maintaining plates with MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells. I placed experimental pharmaceutical treatment of smaller samples of the plates and used spectrophotometry to analyze cell viability after treatment. Also used CRISPR-Cas9 to knock out targeted genes within the cancer cells. I used PCR and gel electrophoresis to analyze whether the DNA was treated by CRISPR, then western blot to see if targeted genes were responsible for the proteins we aimed to eliminate. Management was amazing they always stopped in to see how we were doing on a personal and professional level. Experienced co workers always were happy to help and very communal. Hardest part was conceptually understanding why and how the experiment was designed. Most enjoyable was the confidence and empowerment with meeting the challenges.
Great cause, poor leadership
Hospital Health Physicist (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CAMay 30, 2017
My experience has been mixed. My Sr. Director is great, but he is leaving soon. My direct supervisor (who is under-qualified and lacks the education and experience) seems threatened of my education and background and has tried to undermine my growth and ability to advance.
Supervisor Monica (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CA 91007May 22, 2017
learned a few things. Doctors were super nice. The area I worked at was very nice. Co-workers were nice. There was always something to learn, and I enjoyed learning from City of Hope.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Hope. Our community is ready to answer.