City of Hope Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work and excellent team work
New Patient Services (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CASeptember 8, 2015
A typical day at work is answering phone for new patient and registration for the appropriate services and verify the patient benefit prior to transfer the call to the appropriate nurse for the appointment scheduling
Pros
excellent team work
Cons
no healthcare
Excellent company to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hope, ARNovember 27, 2015
It's pleasure place to work,.
I do not have any problems.
There is some fun people that I enjoy working with them.
Good Benefits.
Good Equipment.
Nice people to work with
Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 4, 2015
Typical day is entering job requests in Tripod to get a job ticket. Then deliver the folder to the designer/artist to be processed.
Pros
Free lunches
City of Hope
Phlebotomist/Research Assisitant (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CAJuly 17, 2015
Love City of Hope. Everyone is treated as equals and all on the same mission, to help others with true sincerity. Employees are treated with respect. Best facility I have ever worked. Hard work, but truly rewarding.
Pros
Pay is above average. Working in cancer reasearch.
Cons
Didn't want my job to end.
Positive workplace
Clinical Research (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CASeptember 28, 2015
Overall a good place to work and gain excellent experience. Decent pay and benefits for a non-profit organization. Benefits are below standard.
Pros
Job security
Benefits
Typical Work day
Senior Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CASeptember 14, 2015
Rewarding place to work. Friendly environment. The most important part of working at City of Hope are the patients. Clean campus, offers health choices for break and lunch meals.
A great place to work
CDI SPECIALIST - Full-Time (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CAMay 18, 2015
City of Hope is an excellent employer. The company promotes employee education both on the clinical coding level as well as a personal level.

*Great HIM Management Team
*Great staff Team-players
*Peaceful working environment
*Great Salary
*Great Upper Mgmt - visits individual depts
* Productivity based on AHIMA guidelines - 3 charts per hour depending on the complexity of the case.
Pros
Overall a great place to work
Cons
N/A
Volunteer Assistance
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAMarch 10, 2015
As a volunteer I filed papers, stocked patients files and wrote new shift for nurses. I learned as a high school project that this facility was very clean and sanitized. Management was very understanding about what I needed out of this volunteering experience. My co-workers were more like supervisors to show me what I was able to do. The hardest part of the job was all the tests and blood work I had to do to volunteer at this facility. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the filing and organizing I got to do for the patients files.
Pros
satisfying feeling of helping out the patients
Cons
far commute
Allow you to grow and show your own abiliities.
Biller/Collector (Current Employee) –  Monrovia, CAMarch 5, 2015
A Wonderful working environment for those who are permanent. For those who are contract- There are no health benefits, no paid holidays, and not included in many day to day functions of the office. Even has a separate section where we sit by ourselves and not with our groups. Absolutely impossible to get in even when overly qualified for the positions. Every position is overloaded and months behind in work due to lack of hiring much needed people.
Pros
Dream job because of how much they do for our community.
Cons
Will never be permanent. Always on a permanent freeze.

Comment – December 31, 1969

I would encourage this person to discuss what benefits are available through the agency that is paying them. They may have health benefits as well as earn paid time off after working so many hours for them.

Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAFebruary 13, 2015
A typical day working for City of Hope was great you do grow attach to your patient since they basically live there in the cottages you seem them every day its a difficult when you seem them at their worst time and its a celebration when they get great news . The providers are great City of hope i would recommend to anyone whom would find themselves with a diagnosis of cancer you would have a great people taking care of you
Family oriented
Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJune 22, 2015
Very busy environment, never time to get bored. Great co-worker and patient interaction. Training provided in all departments, all co-workers are knowledgeable in multiple departments.
Job security
FRONT OFFICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 11, 2015
This is a good place to work, but it does not offer room for growth, compensation is pretty low as well. Management is not the best but its ok, doctors are awesome to work with.
Pros
FREE LUNCHES
Cons
LOW COMPENSATION
Clinical II Nurse (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CAMay 5, 2015
Clinical research unit is the best group I have worked with in a long time. Strong group of nurses with a great sense of team spirit. Awesome managers that support us.
Pros
Wonderful learning opportunities
Cons
Extremely busy and short staffed
Poor management and leadership
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Pasadena, CaliforniaJune 20, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job are the patients and physicians whom are the best in their fields. I have learned much from them over the years
Fast Paced, exciting, inspiring place to work.
Duarte - Ambulatory Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Duarte, Ca.November 5, 2014
I would normally begin at 7 am. Stock the rooms, make sure orders are sent to pharmacy for patients scheduled. File charts, prep for nurses. Begin to bring patients in, vitals, room patients. Maintain inventory, monitor patients vitals during chemo, infusions and blood and platelet transfusions. Answer phones and keep ongoing communication between patients, nurses and doctors. On my feet all day except on breaks, but worth it because the patients are inspiring and down to earth.
Pros
everyone contributed to bringing snacks or lunch and talked issues out.
Cons
sometimes it was too busy and understaffed.
Fun Rasing Money for Women Cancer
Office Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 16, 2014
This job is very fun to me because I am not always in one place. Usually, I am organizing and planning different events each week. I am on the phone with vendors and clients to answer any questions they have. Also, I deal with major hair product companies to get them to donate anything that will benefit women. When I am not on the phone, I am walking around the city to pick up or drop off different things. My manager and other co-workers are amazing people to work with. There is independent work, however, we are always there for one another and work as a team.
Pros
takes breaks for as long as i want
Cons
long days
It was one of my greatest experiences as an employee I have every had.
Customer Service Representative (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CAOctober 27, 2014
A typical day at work would involve me meeting many interesting people. I learned patience and lots of understanding, everyone has a story. Management was great, very understanding, kind, knowledgeable and informative. The hardest part of the day was to be empathetic and /or sympathic, without wearing my heart on my sleeve. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that every day I came to work knowing, I was going to help some one in some kind of way. Whether it was just smiling and say a few kind words or simply doing my job helping the patient(s) register for the Patient Portal. I go home feeling GREAT about myself, with a feeling of self worth.
Pros
work experience in a medical facility and environment to work with patients.
Cons
knowing the assignment will end soon.
Great co-workers. Upper management not so transparent with long term plans.
SR Application Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Duarte CAApril 6, 2015
I love what I do which is helping people in any way shape or form. Sometimes management takes the fun out of it by micromanaging.
Transcribed medical reports.
MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST (DIAGNOSTIC RADIOLOGY (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAFebruary 14, 2015
I transcribed diagnostic radiology and radiation oncology reports. I learned different computer programs for my job specifically and hospital wide. I enjoyed working with my co-workers.
They are great
Associate Director, Office of Technology Licensing (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CAApril 14, 2015
They are really really great. I like working for City of Hope. Its fullfilling to work for an institution with such a meaningful mission.
Pros
mission
Cons
pay