City of Hope

City of Hope Employee Reviews

Very good institute
Biostatistician I (Former Employee), Duarte, CAOctober 1, 2014
Co workers are very friendly.
Working environment is nice.
Great company to work for if person ants to advance
Central Service Technician (Former Employee), Duarte, CASeptember 25, 2014
If someone is truly motivated to work and advance through the different fields this is definitely the company to work for. The compensation is superb and management is very flexible with most schedules.
very busy office
Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 20, 2014
office is very bust but extremely short staffed. lacks a lot of management
Training and work enviroment
Student Therapist-Radiation Therapy (Former Employee), Duarte, CAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: happy and content staff
COH has a highly dedicated staff with little to no turnover. Those that are employed here intend to stay. The patient care and attention to detail leave little to no room for improvement.
Wonderful place to work at
Sr. Administrative Support (Current Employee), Duarte, CAJuly 21, 2014
Wonderful place to work at.
City of Hope allows to balance work and life.

Compensation and benefits are great

Job security.

Management has a wonderful team

Good job culture.
n/a
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), South Pasadena, CAJuly 16, 2014
My typical day at work work is very stressful, not enough staff.
City of hope
Oncology Nurse (Former Employee), south pasadenaJuly 15, 2014
As an oncology RN, I mixed and infused chemo agents and other biotherapy products. I developed an excel tool for authorization follow up and renewal.
Regulatory Affairs Intern (Former Employee), Duarte, CAJuly 3, 2014
Great people
Good environment
Learning experience
Good project
Limited resources
Best Place that I worked at!
Cardiovascular Technician I (Current Employee), Duarte, CAJune 21, 2014
I love working at City of Hope. The environment is perfect and there are a lot of great and friendly employees that I have worked with. It is a great place to work. I will recommend it to anyone who is interested in working at a Hospital environment.
Nice work place
Assisant research professor (Current Employee), Duarte, CAJune 16, 2014
8:00-5:00 work time,
Nice work environment and colleagues
Data Entry
Medical Data Entry (Former Employee), Duarte, CAJune 16, 2014
Update patient information
Ordered Lab orders for patients
Interview process
interview process (Former Employee), DuarteMay 13, 2014
Pros: bad hr reps
Cons: bad hr reps
This may not be about working at COH but I must admit. The interview process was crazy. My 1st interview lasted for 2 hours. They walked me through I met a lot of really nice people. They seemed impressed and really liked me so I thought. Not only did I not get the job for reasons unknown I was interviewed 3 more times after that. Then HR calls me and all but saids well...We would have hired you but another employee has expressed interest in the position so we must consider them 1st. I have NEVER been through so much with any interview I had. I can honestly say even if they were to call me tomorrow. I would NOT consider their offer!! You cannot play with someones livelihood like that. I will NEVER apply here and far from interested in working here. All they put me through for a job I didn't get. Not worth my time.
The Healthcare Facility is a good place to work because the offer alot of cool programs to their Employees and Patients.
Laboratory Analyst/Scheduler (Current Employee), Monrovia, CAMay 2, 2014
Pros: there is a cafeteria here that provides breakfast and lunch.
Cons: i could say that i have no cons towards city of hope
A typical day at work for me is to come in each morning and check the agenda to see what needs to be done for the day and do my daily job responiblity. What i learn from working at City of Hope is how to analyize Laboratory Orders. The management here at City of Hope is Excellent when it comes to customer Service for their employees and answer my questions i may have at their best of knowledge. I could say that there is not a hard part of my job because everything is fully explained to me where i understand what they need to be done. The most enjoyable part of the job is being around the PT and building a bond with them to help them above and beyound with any questions they may have any issues they may have.
Landscaping
Back Loader & Go Live Specialist (Former Employee), Duarte, CAApril 29, 2014
Pros: honestly great staff
Cons: not really a con but campus is huge!! (a lot of walking :) )
The grounds are breath taking!!
Good food in the lunch lounge.
Modern Facility.
True love and compassion between the staff and patients.
Great place to work.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Duarte, CAApril 28, 2014
Pros: great teamwork
Cons: limted autonomy, difficult to get full time.
Great teamwork and a rewarding place to work. Amazing Pulmonary team that works well with us; the RT's.
Productive work
Custodian Worker (Current Employee), CAApril 10, 2014
Pros: i like my job
Cons: i need more hours
I start my day buy greeting everyone. I start going to do my round in the hospital taking out the trash asking the patient if there any thing I can do for them . I work well with my co-workers the hardest part of my job is seen the patients sick .The most enjoyable part is that I'm a hard worker and some time the patients smile at me when they see me .
Initially, a good place to show, practise and share your best!
FACILITIES PLANNER-CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee), Duarte, CAApril 8, 2014
Generally (Campus-wide), a very good place to work as one can also have the opportunity to serve people (employees) and patients of various cultures.
Energetic and friendly environment
Valet Supervisor (Former Employee), Duarte, CAMarch 10, 2014
At the City of Hope, the most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with the patients and their spirit that they have while dealing with cancer.
Horrendous Interview Process
Human Resources (Former Employee), MonroviaFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: organization does quality work.
Cons: human resources lacks and overstaffed.
While this may not be a true review of the amazing work that the organization performs, the interview process is horrendous and their human resources team is very elitist. Apparently it stems from the fact that COH elected to bring non-healthcare recruiters and HR professionals from elitist organizations and seem to have this chip on their shoulders. "You should be honored to work here" seemed to be the impression I received. As opposed to an interview, I was left with a feeling of having experienced an interrogation. I have never received any acknowledgement after the interview and multiple emails and calls to the HR director and recruiters have been answered--extremely encouraging as one brash recruiter [ex-Disney I believe] made the comment, "I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have... feel free to get in touch."

HR tends to be the front line of an organization--if there's any validity to that positioning, COH fails in every possible way.
Satisfaction at the end of a work day.
Pathology Transcriptionist (Current Employee), Duarte, CAFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: very knowledgeable and nice people to work with. comfortable working environment.
Cons: to be laid off very soon - due to outsourcing.
A typical day at work is all serious work, little bit of "hello" and "hi" to people (visitors or coworkers) along the way, learning how to be kind, honest, patient, and helpful all the time, managing my work load and work time efficiently, and being helpful and nice to coworkers, as well.

The hardest part of the job is to make sure that every patient report that goes out is correct and done on a timely manner.

The most enoyable part of the job is to see that my work is part of patient treatment or care, and ultimately for patient wellness. I feel very satisfied and accomplished at the end of a work day.

About City of Hope

Founded in 1913, City of Hope is one of only 41 comprehensive cancer centers in the nation, as designated by the National Cancer – Read more

City of Hope Salaries