City of Hope

City of Hope Employee Reviews

They are great
Associate Director, Office of Technology Licensing (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CAApril 14, 2015
They are really really great. I like working for City of Hope. Its fullfilling to work for an institution with such a meaningful mission.
Pros
mission
Cons
pay
Great co-workers. Upper management not so transparent with long term plans.
SR Application Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Duarte CAApril 6, 2015
I love what I do which is helping people in any way shape or form. Sometimes management takes the fun out of it by micromanaging.
Volunteer Assistance
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAMarch 10, 2015
As a volunteer I filed papers, stocked patients files and wrote new shift for nurses. I learned as a high school project that this facility was very clean and sanitized. Management was very understanding about what I needed out of this volunteering experience. My co-workers were more like supervisors to show me what I was able to do. The hardest part of the job was all the tests and blood work I had to do to volunteer at this facility. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the filing and organizing I got to do for the patients files.
Pros
satisfying feeling of helping out the patients
Cons
far commute
Allow you to grow and show your own abiliities.
Biller/Collector (Current Employee) –  Monrovia, CAMarch 5, 2015
A Wonderful working environment for those who are permanent. For those who are contract- There are no health benefits, no paid holidays, and not included in many day to day functions of the office. Even has a separate section where we sit by ourselves and not with our groups. Absolutely impossible to get in even when overly qualified for the positions. Every position is overloaded and months behind in work due to lack of hiring much needed people.
Pros
dream job because of how much they do for our community.
Cons
will never be permanent. always on a permanent freeze.

Comment – April 6, 2015

I would encourage this person to discuss what benefits are available through the agency that is paying them. They may have health benefits as well as earn paid time off after working so many hours for them.

Transcribed medical reports.
MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST (DIAGNOSTIC RADIOLOGY (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAFebruary 14, 2015
I transcribed diagnostic radiology and radiation oncology reports. I learned different computer programs for my job specifically and hospital wide. I enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAFebruary 13, 2015
A typical day working for City of Hope was great you do grow attach to your patient since they basically live there in the cottages you seem them every day its a difficult when you seem them at their worst time and its a celebration when they get great news . The providers are great City of hope i would recommend to anyone whom would find themselves with a diagnosis of cancer you would have a great people taking care of you
Post-doctoral fellow (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CADecember 14, 2014
City of Hope is a wonderful place to work. Hope the management continues to keep up the nice academic and research environment.
Challenging Work Environment
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CADecember 10, 2014
Conflicting priorities, us against them attitude in the IT department in 2014. Perhaps this will change as the organization grows.
Job Review
Clinical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CANovember 22, 2014
City of Hope has a great focus on patient care and it is executed successfully.
Pros
its a beautiful campus
Cons
management is not professional
Wonderful mission
Scientific Writer (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CANovember 10, 2014
The scientists are kind and hard-working. I appreciate the country club-like environment and the intellectual enthusiasm.
Fast Paced, exciting, inspiring place to work.
Duarte - Ambulatory Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Duarte, Ca.November 5, 2014
I would normally begin at 7 am. Stock the rooms, make sure orders are sent to pharmacy for patients scheduled. File charts, prep for nurses. Begin to bring patients in, vitals, room patients. Maintain inventory, monitor patients vitals during chemo, infusions and blood and platelet transfusions. Answer phones and keep ongoing communication between patients, nurses and doctors. On my feet all day except on breaks, but worth it because the patients are inspiring and down to earth.
Pros
everyone contributed to bringing snacks or lunch and talked issues out.
Cons
sometimes it was too busy and understaffed.
It was one of my greatest experiences as an employee I have every had.
Customer Service Representative (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CAOctober 27, 2014
A typical day at work would involve me meeting many interesting people. I learned patience and lots of understanding, everyone has a story. Management was great, very understanding, kind, knowledgeable and informative. The hardest part of the day was to be empathetic and /or sympathic, without wearing my heart on my sleeve. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that every day I came to work knowing, I was going to help some one in some kind of way. Whether it was just smiling and say a few kind words or simply doing my job helping the patient(s) register for the Patient Portal. I go home feeling GREAT about myself, with a feeling of self worth.
Pros
work experience in a medical facility and environment to work with patients.
Cons
knowing the assignment will end soon.
Medical billing
Medical Biller and Collections (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAOctober 17, 2014
Great company to work for, I would love to come back and work for City of Hope directly,
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Fun Rasing Money for Women Cancer
Office Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 16, 2014
This job is very fun to me because I am not always in one place. Usually, I am organizing and planning different events each week. I am on the phone with vendors and clients to answer any questions they have. Also, I deal with major hair product companies to get them to donate anything that will benefit women. When I am not on the phone, I am walking around the city to pick up or drop off different things. My manager and other co-workers are amazing people to work with. There is independent work, however, we are always there for one another and work as a team.
Pros
takes breaks for as long as i want
Cons
long days
Very good institute
Biostatistician I (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAOctober 1, 2014
Co workers are very friendly.
Working environment is nice.
Great company to work for if person ants to advance
Central Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CASeptember 25, 2014
If someone is truly motivated to work and advance through the different fields this is definitely the company to work for. The compensation is superb and management is very flexible with most schedules.
very busy office
Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 20, 2014
office is very bust but extremely short staffed. lacks a lot of management
Training and work enviroment
Student Therapist-Radiation Therapy (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAAugust 3, 2014
COH has a highly dedicated staff with little to no turnover. Those that are employed here intend to stay. The patient care and attention to detail leave little to no room for improvement.
Pros
happy and content staff
Wonderful place to work at
Sr. Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CAJuly 21, 2014
Wonderful place to work at.
City of Hope allows to balance work and life.

Compensation and benefits are great

Job security.

Management has a wonderful team

Good job culture.
n/a
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  South Pasadena, CAJuly 16, 2014
My typical day at work work is very stressful, not enough staff.