City of Houston, TX Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work at.
Juvenile Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Municipal CourtsAugust 21, 2017
I would not recommend anyone to work for the Juvenile Case Manager Program. Poor Leadership from top to bottom of the department. The Division Manager has created a hostile working environment and a division among the employees. The manager is a disciplinarian. As an employee you are micromanaged the entire time and not allowed to breath. You're also treated as children instead of professionals. The pay is not worth the stress or the daily headache. You will regret it.
Cons
Micro Managing, Poor Leadership, Hostile Working Environment, Lack of Growth Potential
Ok
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2017
It's a good job to work at just too many people trying to be a boss an not one but the overall it's cool like I said it's a good job to work at I would like to have my job back
Great.
Parks and Recreation (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2017
The city offered a great job readiness and opportunities for me to succeed in the work space. They also gave me experience in parks and recreation... Also a creative mind set on choosing a career
Pros
Free breakfest, great co workers and supervisor
Cons
Hot working condition
Fun work place
Plant Operator trainee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2017
The job was great in the beginning then everything change when we got new supervisor and things started to change It's a great place to work I enjoyed the coworker which was good
Typical Day
Human Resources Generalist/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2017
A typical day was impacted with rewarding accomplishments, supportive management teams and a very joyful work environment. There constant new challenges and you are constantly encouraged to conquer all challenges with a team effort.
An experience for young adults to mature
Internship (I.T. Department) (Former Employee) –  8000 North Stadium DrMay 25, 2017
At the City of Houston Summer Jobs Program, I was assigned to work in the Texas Medical Center in Houston, Tx and got to work with professionals in the I.T. Department. From packaging electronics and distributing to appropriate locations to shadowing lab professionals while doing blood testing, the experience was useful and each day was a new adventure.
I learn fast and will do whatever it take to get the job done
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2017
I work hard and I am willing learn whatever is needed to get the job. I am opened mined and work well with others. It is a fair place to work has long has you don't mind working late and a lot of overtime.
Great Experience
Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2017
Great agency to work for quality experience. Day consist of meetings with service providers, reviewing data, research, and preparing compliance reports.
I thind the City of Houston has done a great job at keeping the citizens safe.
Deputy Constable (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2017
I am Hear to Observed and reports ,to read all post order ,to do them. To do Observed all safety rules and regulations ,to help all People. Monitored conduct, patrol all area ...locks ,window ,doors' gate ,ect.
Great Benefits
Inventory Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  HoustonApril 17, 2017
Good Benefits as far as Health care and Retirement. Stable jobs for people with families. I wouldn't recommend this job for young people with aspirations. Most people become complacent with these types of jobs and forget their dreams.
Benefits
Cons
Top Heavy
Safe Environment
Mechanic Helper (Former Employee) –  JudiwayMarch 27, 2017
It's a learning experience. They treat you like a decent human being . The lunch breaks were an hour, in a clean break room. People share and are concerned about your well being. If you must leave for an emergency, they're very understanding.
Pros
You can retire there
Cons
Gets hot in the summer time
fun and productive
Recreational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 9, 2015
i dealt with kids and all we did was play games and paint and tell stories and we did not encounter and hardships during the time i was there.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 25, 2015
Handle customer inquiries, complaints, billing questions and payments extension/service request. Calm angry callers, repair trust, locate resources for problem resolution and design best-option solutions. Interface daily with internal partners in accounting, field services, new business, operations and customer affairs divisions.
Excellent work environment
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2015
The working environment is professional. This is a public sector job where work is done in a methodological and bureaucratic manner.
It was the children who I dedicated myself too.
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston txSeptember 14, 2015
I enjoyed the job but more so the children whom I interacted with on tha daily basis. Everyday I came in I was greeted with smiles and warm hugs from the children. I not once had a problem with getting them to interact in activities reguardless if it was their favorite sport or not. They were more than just little children who enrolled in the program they were like the little brothers and sisters I never had...but always wanted. It wasnt just a job to me it was more like a passion.
Pros
Great Training and being able to coordinate and amke decisions without supervison
Cons
Short breaks