City of Houston

City of Houston Employer Reviews

Interesting Job
911 Telecommunicator (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 30, 2014
Pros: interesting calls, decent pay and lots of ot
Cons: never ever get time off approvals
Exciting job...great pay...a bit unorganized. hard to get time off.
great workers,
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 22, 2014
great place to work and grow, fast moving great benefits you really get a idea of how the city works working here
Organizational Culture
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER/STAFF ANALYST (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 21, 2014
Once you have found the right fit, the City is a great place to work. However, pay structure is often flat and limited. Opportunities for advancement vary based on the City structure. This is often affected by executive management possibly changing every 2 years. (COH mayor has 2 year terms; 6 yr term limit).
Serving the public
Constituent Liaison (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 16, 2014
Pros: morally fulfilling
Cons: no real job security
A typical work day normally began with me updating myself on current events via the internet or local papers such as The Houston Chronicle. At some point the staff and I would meet regarding the Council Members schedule, as well as pertinent issues that need to be addressed by our office. While working for Houston City Council, I learned that effective – more... communication between different agencies is the difference between one's ability to actually accomplish a given objective. My co-workers understood the aforementioned scenario, and therefore worked hard to effectively communicate to serve the public. The hardest part of my job was having to be patient, and wait on resources from different departments to complete a mission or goal. My most enjoyable moments came when projects and plans fall into place as anticipated. – less
Very Laid Back
Airport Security Officer (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 7, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: supervisors like to argue with each other
Works for the security department. Learned to deal will customers that are unsatisfied with the services of the airline.
Greay People
Customer Service Rep I (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 30, 2014
Provide direct customer service by phone, email and in person to the public related to various vehicle for hire permits. Researches, analyzes, and resolves customers' problems and inquiries as related to vehicle for hire issues or concerns. Perform data entry tasks in accordance with Transportation Section data entry procedures. Perform general clerical – more... functions including copying and filing. I have strong inter-personal skills and able to articulate departmental policies. May run general reporting for Regulations and Inspections. – less
Productive and educational
Senior Instrument Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 27, 2014
Consistent troubleshooting, learning to Repair and maintain analytical instrumentation, maintain records and work orders, I get along with all my co workers and are fair to work with. The hardest part of the job is receiving unexpected phone calls during sleep hours even after an extended work day but the most enjoyable part of the job is the pay check.
Good
Enginer (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 17, 2014
I enjoy every day working at City. It's busy and a good place to learn project management skills and decision making skills. Co-workers are friendly and helpful.
n/a
Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2014
Keep non-payroll supply budgets logs and balance store checkbook; review seasonal payroll/non-payroll budgets
•Complete and submit monthly legal compliance audits
•Maintain store supplies; process orders as needed
•Maintain phone lists and Associate information binders at each cash wrap
•Act as the key store operations contact; perform as liaison with – more... systems team; submit and follow-up on work orders as needed
•Participate in inventory focusing on administrative functions
•Balance Vault and perform other cash functions on a daily basis; perform monthly cash office self audit
•Replenish and balance registers; research and resolve cash shortage issues
•Maintain Lost & Found records and register media records
•Resolve customer issues; track customer shipments, assist with lost gift cards – less
Upbeat and great atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: catered lunches
Cons: policies
I was able to work in many different areas and I was exposed to so many different learning opportunities and I could not have been happier.
Great workplace to gain office and communications experience
Communications Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Allowed me to gain new experiences but was not fulfilling in terms of personal aspirations.
A good place to work
Community Relations Specialist (Full time 40Hr) (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: working out in the field.
You will work hard and learn while doing it every day. There are different managers but they all want you to learn and grow in your position. The hardest part is working directly with client's but its very rewarding at the same time.
Great Benefits
Rear Loader Driver (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2014
Operated and maneuvered truck and all equipment in a safely and efficiently in accordance with relevant policies, guidelines and procedures.
Product rest area
MICROCOMPUTER ANALYST (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free drink
Cons: short break
Desktop Support HP & Dell ,Install ,Migrate ,Support and Decommission Workstation Hardware Operating Systems and Applications
Productive, busy, and it can be very dangerous
Jail Attendant (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: my hours 6:30am-2:30pm and my co-workers provide good team work
Cons: no lunch breaks and bad insurance
A typical day at work dealing with very rude prisoners. You learn how to defend yourself in different ways to where you won't cause harm to any of the prisoners and they won't cause to you. The best part of this job is that we come together as a team in the most dangerous situations.
Very timely and accurate
911 Police Telecommunicator (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2014
Great experience, exercised my customer service skills, working in fast pace environment.
I enjoyed organizing the facilities programs and engaging with new people.
Senior Customer Service Clerk/ Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Assigns office work to clerical staff and assists them with any problems or questions. Train clerical personnel in correct procedures and changes in procedures. Answers the telephone, responded to questions, took messages and transfers calls. I provided information and assistance to the public. Maintains financial records on money received, money earned – more... and refunds. Compiled data and prepared semiannual reports required by the City. While occasionally typing letters, reports, forms, etc. – less
Productive work environment.
Temporary Senior Data Entry Operator (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: n/a
A great place to work. Management is awesome and co-workers are very friendly.
Very productive and full feeling experience. Just great
Community Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 2, 2014
Meeting with people and helping them with their needs and different circumstances was a great experience. I never had a day without a personal satisfaction to be there for some one.
No Comment
Roll-Off Truck Driver (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 29, 2014
This job pays the bills. However there are no benefits and the reward was not worth the risk.

1 2 3 4 5