City of Huntington Beach, CA Employee Reviews

Great workplace
Police Clerk Sr./Personnel/Internal Affairs (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMay 8, 2017
Both sworn and non-sworn working together as a team made the work productive, fun and enjoyable. My duties were to type officers' dictated tapes; maintain both sworn and non-sworn personnel and internal affairs files; along with my personnel sergeants we would process all police department applicants through the background process of the polygraph, psych, and physical agility testing and then forwarding all accumalated paperwork through the various levels of rank, for hiring approval. Following up and ultimately offering the approved applicant a position with the department. I also updated and distributed a department roster (for sergeants, lieutenants, captains and the Chief of Police) four times a year.
Pros
All good
Cons
All Good
Great People and Great Compan
Maintenance Worker Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Working for the City of Huntington Beach was interesting, however there was not a lot work available for me to do and no way for me to advance and move up within the company.

A typical day involved doing minimal office tasks and various odd jobs .

In performing this job , I learned how a municipality was run and operated , and how a department or division liked to have things done .

I got along well with management at my previous job , although we mostly interacted via email.

The workplace culture was good , however I worked mostly with only married men and was the only unmarried person in the office .

The hardest part of the job was doing job related duties for more than one person .

The most enjoyable part of the job was having my own office and decorating it the way I wanted to decorate it .
Pros
Had own office and flexible work hours/schedule
Cons
No Health Benefits or paid vacation/ holiday days