City of Hurst Employee Reviews

Great summer jobs for teens and young adults.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJuly 6, 2017
I loved working for the City of Hurst aquatics. The only downside was that the job was seasonal. Great summer jobs for students and teens. Loved the atmosphere and the employees I worked with.
Pros
Good pay, reasonable breaks, benefits.
Cons
Hot weather, long hours.
Positive and supportive work environment
Activities Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXMarch 17, 2017
The City of Hurst offers a wide array of employment opportunities. They are very encouraging of continued learning, training and development of their employees. Overall it is a great place to work that allows you to grow personally while offering opportunities to make a difference in the lives of the citizens of the city and surrounding communities.
Great first job experience
Head Guard (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXMarch 23, 2015
A typical day at work I would show up 15 minutes before my shift started and start prepping the water park for the day, if I opened it up. Enforced rules to keep both patrons and the environment around them safe, recognized and responded effectively to emergencies through knowledge and application of lifeguard surveillance and rescue techniques. The management was great with communication to us, and very approachable to talk to when there was a problem that needed to be addressed. My co-workers formed a family like structure when working together and constantly had each others back when it was needed. The hardest part of the job was that it was a summer job and the heat could get pretty intense during the day time. The environment and people I worked with made the job very enjoyable all around.
Pros
Environment and co-workers
Cons
The heat
great place to work
Facilities Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJune 22, 2014
co workers were awesome / management was good - hardest part is trying to please everyone.
Pros
meeting alot of people
Cons
short breaks
The City of Hurst is a great place to work!
Firefighter/Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXAugust 23, 2013
My shift starts at 0700, I normally arrive about 0630. We check out the truck you are on that day and make sure it is ready to respond. We then have about a ten minuet safety discussion followed by some skills practice and then breakfast. We would then go to class on some days or to the store to by our meals. Due to the nature of our job everyone has there own things they like doing, some like to cook, some clean, and some are just there for moral support. The work place is like a second family and we spend a full twenty four hours together. Just like in a traditional family there are good days and bad days.
The hardest part of the job can also be the most rewarding part of the job. Helping people through their time of need, trying not to get caught up in the moment and remembering this is their emergency and not yours.