City of Kansas City Employee Reviews

Structure
General Supervisor/Pipeline Division (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 21, 2017
My job was very structured and detailed. Everyone had a job that was required to be performed at the end of the business day if one needed assistance as a whole we were team players
Pros
job advancement
benefits
great experience
Wastewater Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 7, 2017
Overall a great company great benefits, paid leave, and people were very understanding, toward your life outside of the job but I had to leave for personal reasons.
Pros
easy paced work, team work, and great benefits
God Job
Revenue Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 17, 2017
This was a tax collection office. It was a good paying job with lots of benefits. It was very competitive. We received bonuses based on out collections.
Exciting opportunity to lean about the workings of local government
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 6, 2017
I learned a lot about the legislative process. I learned about the ground work that creates legislation. The opportunity to learn was the most enjoyable part of the job.
great benefits, bad management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 25, 2017
I loved my coworkers and the benefits were the best I've ever had, but the management was also the worst I've ever had. We worked up to 12.5 hours a day by ourselves with out breaks and our managers knew about it, when I told the union, I got fired for "not meeting the terms of my probation"
Pros
great benefits and nice coworkers
Cons
no breaks for up to 12.5 hours and horrible bosses
Basketball court (indoor) computers for the community
Rec Leader (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 21, 2017
Good place to work, very good training and education dept.
Teamwork is promoted and an open door policy for management that give you even more of a sense of team work
Pros
Ability to help seniors and adolescents from the community
Cons
rate of pay
Learned a lot of useful information
Administrative Assistant / Thru F.E.C (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 7, 2017
Its incredibly fulfilling to be a positive presence in my community. I also love explaining the connection between behavior and consequences or rewards, Changing negative norms & mindsets is my calling.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64106August 28, 2017
Poor management within my division, led to a lack of moral and a very high turn over rate within the Department I was in. I worked in 3 other departments for the City before coming to my current role and loved those positions.
Pros
people
Cons
Productive, advocate for self.
Missouri-(KCI)- Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 23, 2017
Interesting place to work. Hours are good, along with being home on weekends and holidays. Some departments don't have many advancement opportunities, so be willing move with-in the city departments.
Slippery foolishness
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 18, 2017
I've worked all over the United States, and the management here is on grade school level. Do not be fooled by thinking that becoming a city employee will mean something, you will probably receive better treatment at McDonald's.
Pros
Friendly co workers, decent benefits
Cons
Too many to list here
Na
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  MissouriAugust 5, 2017
Currently employed there been there 10+ years busy work load . Busy atmosphere. If you are looking for long term career good company to work for stability.
Company no longer in
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 9, 2017
When the company existed it was a great job opportunity. The company begin to lay off due to budget cuts. The company was forced to lay off employees without warning.
Great place
MANAGER OF REAL ESTATE (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 24, 2017
Intersting job. Great place to learn about the City and make a difference. Fabulous Mayor and City Manager. Good people who have a history and have been with the City for a long time and are there to help others succeed.
good job
Missouri-Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 6, 2017
good place to work but always looking for advancement while working at the wastewater treatment plant is very hazardous must always be safe must be on your toes when working with waste water treatment paid is very good but you have coworkers not do they job
A progressive City with great residents
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 2, 2017
Serving the valuable resident of Kansas City makes my job enjoyable. Every day employees gets to serve our residents in various capacities. There is never a dull moment.
It's just ok
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 25, 2017
City government.....it takes forever to accomplish anything. Pay is lousy. Work schedule is good if you get a monday-friday shift. Some departments have only one shift....others have 3.
Pros
paid holiday, uniforms
Cons
pay, insurance is high imo
stay away
Animal Control Officer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 22, 2017
There is no room for advancement. Management doesnt care about the officers. If they need someone to blame they put it off on the officers. Better training is needed.
Pros
pays bills
Cons
treated unfairly
Not Recomended
Senior Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 28, 2016
This is not the job i thought i was getting when i was hired. i was told one thing about the work environment and job responsibilities and after working starting it was a completely different job. I don,t recommend working here. The benefits are great but its not worth the stress and you can make more money in the private sector.
Water dept. Run forest run.........
Water dept (Former Employee) –  Water dept.December 13, 2016
Horrible place to work. Ran by egotistical maniacs that think they are running their own small counry. No advancement opportunity at all unless your in the special click. Micro management nightmare. No overtime with low pay and no advancement opportunity equals........ Run forest run..... And dont look back. So glad to be done with that hole. Biggest waste of my time ever.
Pros
If your unemployable anywhere else its fine. They like stupid people.
Cons
The list is way too long. Stay away. You've been warned.
Excellent
Chief legal Counsel (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSDecember 8, 2016
The employment was an excellent opportunity to develop a wide range of experience and legal skills in in a challenging economic and cultural diverse environment. Every day brought a new experience or crisis that needed attention from my office. Proficiencies were developed in evaluating the merits of litigation and claims, crafting strategies and plans to accomplish external and internal policy objectives. My role required primary responsibility for hiring legal and support staff with, in all modesty, a knack for sorting talent and a managerial staff that synchronized with my department nearly every major decision. Hardest were the inability to achieve desired objectives in policy due to limitation in economic assets . The sixty hour weeks became the norm and were rewarding in the results received.
Pros
flexible hours and benefits
Cons
Salary constraints.