CITY OF KERRVILLE

CITY OF KERRVILLE Employer Reviews

Great EMS experience
Firefighter/Paramedic (Former Employee), Kerrville, TXOctober 1, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: inconsistent teamwork
In a great city such as Kerrville, a typical day at work was showing up and getting your assignment depending on what station you were detailed at. Being a more pro-EMS person, I volunteered to work the ambulance most of the time, because the Fire side of things were very sluggish and didn't do much due to the low call volume of fire calls. On the other hand, the ambulance was amazing. We had standing order protocols and AirLife protocols and we saw plenty of trauma and medical calls. I also enjoyed working the ambulance side because when you and your partner were on the ambulance, it was yours and I found great pride in that. We would work anywhere to 8-18 calls per shift, per unit and responded inside the city of Kerrville and surrounding cities in Kerr county. I have nothing bad to say about this department but only that the Fire side was not really visibly desirable. I was a medical person and they provided a great outlet.
Meeting people everyday is rewarding.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Kerrville, TXJune 4, 2014
Pros: vacation and sick leave.
Cons: no breaks
I greet citizens and direct them to the appropriate offices. If I'm not welcoming citizens I'm entering data and answering the phones. I learn something everyday when I make conversations and get to know people. My co-workers are one of the best part about my job, they are caring and awesome. The hardest part of my job would be calming down irate customers which I've been told I'm very good at. I enjoy my job because I love what I do and love meeting new people.
Great atmosphere!
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee), Kerrville, TXApril 21, 2014
Pros: great training, free tan, great experience.
Cons: always in sun as expected.
If you love the water and don't mind a great tan while working with a great group of people then its for you!