CITY OF KERRVILLE Employee Reviews

Excelent
Assistant Manager at city pool (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXOctober 28, 2014
Wake up and reasonable time and head to work. Open gates to guests and disarm the alarm. Assign Positions to other Guards. Check and log AED and crash bags so they have all equipment in working order. Put up City/State/ and Country flags. Put crash bags and back boards in right positions outside.Also checking pool chemical levels and logging every hour. And knowing CPR, AR, and FBAO if i need to use it and how to use a AED and Crash bag. Hardest part of the job is if we have a bad weather day and need to close the pull is getting everybody out of the pool in a safe manner and informing them of why we are doing this so they understand it's a safety reason. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work outside with water.
Pros
working outside with water with a feeling of pride.
Cons
it sometimes is very stressful.
Great EMS experience
Firefighter/Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXOctober 1, 2014
In a great city such as Kerrville, a typical day at work was showing up and getting your assignment depending on what station you were detailed at. Being a more pro-EMS person, I volunteered to work the ambulance most of the time, because the Fire side of things were very sluggish and didn't do much due to the low call volume of fire calls. On the other hand, the ambulance was amazing. We had standing order protocols and AirLife protocols and we saw plenty of trauma and medical calls. I also enjoyed working the ambulance side because when you and your partner were on the ambulance, it was yours and I found great pride in that. We would work anywhere to 8-18 calls per shift, per unit and responded inside the city of Kerrville and surrounding cities in Kerr county. I have nothing bad to say about this department but only that the Fire side was not really visibly desirable. I was a medical person and they provided a great outlet.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
inconsistent teamwork
Meeting people everyday is rewarding.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kerrville, TXJune 4, 2014
I greet citizens and direct them to the appropriate offices. If I'm not welcoming citizens I'm entering data and answering the phones. I learn something everyday when I make conversations and get to know people. My co-workers are one of the best part about my job, they are caring and awesome. The hardest part of my job would be calming down irate customers which I've been told I'm very good at. I enjoy my job because I love what I do and love meeting new people.
Pros
vacation and sick leave.
Cons
no breaks
Great atmosphere!
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXApril 21, 2014
If you love the water and don't mind a great tan while working with a great group of people then its for you!
Pros
great training, free tan, great experience.
Cons
always in sun as expected.

4.2