City of Lafayette Employee Reviews

loved the drive thru but mostly slow days
Asst. Payroll Clerk - drive thru clerk (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, TNDecember 4, 2017
This particular job has about 4 really busy days and the rest are very slow. I asked to help others a lot, but typically there was no additional work I could do. I learned that some places-who you know really does matter. The hardest part of the job for me was the down time.
benefits
Cons
gossip was very high here
Worked there a long time ago but it was great
Finance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lafayette ColoradoOctober 22, 2017
Good people, good management. Work life balance was great. Excellent benefits including a very robust wellness program. Nice to be a part of the community.
what i think of city of lafayette
sewer service worker (Current Employee) –  LaFayette, GAMarch 15, 2017
I enjoy the work where I am just the butt kissing to get into higher up job
back stabbing I have been with the city 14 yrs going on 15 and my formena is retiring in another month or 2 and they haven't evening offered or said anything to me about it im a person that wants to stay at a job long term but the city is just not it
Pros
can take off if needed to and get paid
Cons
back stabbing and talking bout ut behind your back and dont respect us at all
A Great Starter Job
Head Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COMarch 6, 2017
This was my first job, and it was great since it had a ton of flexibility and downtime while I was in school. It was also great that there was always an opportunity to pick up additional work in other related positions. The big problem was that management changed so frequently that job stability was greatly reduced.
City of Lafayette
Clerk (Current Employee) –  LaFayette, GAJune 9, 2015
My job is awesome and my co-workers are the best. Some days are very busy depending on the days. The hardest part of my job is getting people to understand our billing cycle.
Productive and fun workplace for younger emplyees.
Concession Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INFebruary 10, 2015
The typical day of work consisted of preparing foods and serving customer needs for people attending the city's poolside cafe. This was a great first job as a teenager, but management and supervision of the parks and recreation department of the city was a little bit lackluster. The hardest part about the job was the working conditions because it was hot and humid during the summer months with no air-conditioning and most of the employees were irritable. The City of Lafayette does indeed hire quality employees that do their jobs well though, and their employees tend to be very loyal. I enjoyed working at this job and was able to accomplish a lot.
Pros
Excellent pay and flexible hours
Cons
Poor working conditions and management staff
Great for teen job
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COFebruary 5, 2015
It was fine, I worked all summer and defiantly was satisfied with the quality of the job. Each morning work starts at 5:30 and goes through the day. Its a lot of manual labor from picking up stuff to controlling large machinery.
Every day is a new adventure.
SUPPORT SERVICES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 31, 2015
I stay very busy all day because I continuously pick up new responsibilities and projects. Summer event planning is fun and so is volunteer management.
Challenging
Senior Transportation Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, CAApril 22, 2014
This is a part-time temporary job. I enjoyed talking with seniors when they call to schedule rides to their doctor appointments, shopping and visits. The greatest challenge is to get all rides schedule and co-ordinated with the volunteer drivers.
Pros
Part-time and able to earn money to suppliment social security.
Cons
My worry about getting the scheduling correct, so seniors won't feel like they have been forgotten for their appointments.
Pretty good
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INDecember 15, 2013
Not much bad to say about this job or employer. Each day at work brings something new. Management is decent and supportive. Co-workers are fun. Hardest part of the job is the stress. Most enjoyable part of the job is making someone's day better.
Pros
Good experiences
Cons
Dealing with bad people
I like trouble shoting
System Operator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INApril 25, 2013
I Like where I Work.Looking to better my self. And get on Days. Lots of personally been there for years.Do a lot of driveing at night for Customer service.And Bldg.Securty.Water testing samples for [CL2 ] Phosphate Lead and Copper testing.Fluoride.Monitoring pumps. Etc.
Pros
do not take lunch untill my customer service is done.
Cons
no cons
Expectations and performance of employees is low.
Park Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, CODecember 7, 2011
Work is relatively easy and not extremely strenuous. Employees are occasionally not given direct supervision, allowing many time to be nonproductive. Absence of Standard Operating Procedures affects production and morale.
Pros
easy work, great community, good equipment to complete jobs.
Cons
direction and communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Lafayette. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2