City of Lancaster Employee Reviews

Great place to work. Friendly people every where.
Senior Maintenance Aid (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 18, 2017
Working all city events are fun. You meet new people and work with a great crew no matter what department you are in. You are taught customer service.
Pros
Working all the city events
Cons
you can only work 28 hours a week.
Friendly Work Place.
Recreation Leader I (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAApril 26, 2017
Management is okay. The hardest part of the job is not being able to pick up more hours. Only the hirer-ups get the full-time positions, as for part-timers only get under 28 weekly.
Good
paid intern (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMarch 18, 2017
No law firm could have got me a better settlement from my car accident. I entrusted Paris lawyers because I knew they would be diligent,hard working, and meticulous with my injury case. The level of professionalism was beyond expectations, they really educated me and kept me informed on everything that was going on. I would recommend this law firm over any firm in the state.
Municipal Government
Deputy Director of Public Works (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 13, 2017
Standard Municipal Government organization; Third-class City with a Strong-Mayor form of Government. Organization consists of Public Safety (Police and Fire), Economic Development, Administration, and Public Works.
Very good environment and people very determent in keep you busy
PRA/Administrative (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAFebruary 22, 2017
Excellent working for this environment and great with clients and customer service and to provide the best in the City for city reviews and activities.
Pros
great people
Cons
a lot of work for the city events
Good experience, good people
Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJanuary 23, 2017
There are a lot of ways to make connections at the City. Everyone who I worked with had a good attitude and worked hard. The environment was very family friendly.
Love working for City Of Lancaster
Maintenance Aid 1 (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CADecember 15, 2016
I've learned so much from my co-workers,having fun and enjoying my job,working with the whole crew has been a great experience,I look forward to going to work and learning new things.
Pros
Having fun, learning new things, meeting new people everyday
Cons
The wheather
Fun part time workplace
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  LancasterAugust 17, 2016
The best part of the job is teaching swim lessons. Being able to see kids progress bounds and leaps in swimming/ water safety is incredible. Everyone is very friendly and easy to get along with.
Excellent work experience
Recreation Leader (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJuly 8, 2016
This position has taught me how to deal with problems independently and without supervision. I get to work with numerous employees and practice my ability to accomplish tasks with people of different backgrounds. Largely a small-team based position.
Pros
Interaction with the public. Ability to supervise sporting events.
Cons
Lack of hours (Part Time)
Great Place To Gain Experience
Maintenance Aide (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJune 29, 2016
I worked for the city of Lancaster for nearly 2 years . i enjoyed the somewhat flexible schedule and all the new people i met along the way. The work load was a bit laborious but still manageable. but working conditions can be very extreme since your working outside 90% of the time.
Pros
Government agency, consistent staff, good benefits
Cons
Strict budget makes it hard to move up, limited hours
Very well run organization
Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CANovember 6, 2015
Working there is an excellent way of developing writing skills needed such as learning to write press releases which many organizations use to disseminate information.
great place to work
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAOctober 12, 2015
fun work place with supportive management. I enjoyed working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day.
Pretty Cool
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXSeptember 11, 2015
The city was a pretty cool job. You sat at a desk all day and answered the phones, took messages, made reservations, and did cashier duties. I enjoyed this job because it did not require a lot of muscle or lifting, but that also maybe the reason I didn't like it as much. I often found myself bored until the after school children arrived about 3:30, then it was a party. My manager at the time of hire, was amazingly cool, understanding, and easy to get along with. Right before I left, a whole new crew of managers and leaders came in and things quickly changed.
Pros
Sitting at a desk all day
Cons
sitting at a desk all day, no benefits, no raises
Assistant Utility Billing Supervisor, City Hall (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCFebruary 18, 2015
Loved working with the City Employees and co workers. Very close net environment. Supervised two clerks who was very smart and dependable. Customers would come in and pay their water bill monthly. It was nice seeing so many friendly faces. Married and moved to NC.
Exciting Cutting Edge Place
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJanuary 28, 2015
A City that understands their constituents and strives to make the area a great place to live. A location that believes in their employees and strives to ensure they have a great work/life balance.
Depends WHERE you work within the City
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, KYAugust 11, 2014
It all depends on what department you work for with the City of Lancaster. Some departments are mellow, driven, motivated, and drama-free. Other departments are drama filled, low moral, and unprofessional.
Pros
Good Benefits, Banker Hours (if office worker), small workforce
Cons
Drama, Unprofessional, No/Little Advancement, Favoritism
Good part-time job for students
Recreation Leader I (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJune 28, 2014
Most days in my specific department sees me and one to two others preparing softball fields for community leagues. This typically includes placing bases, watering the infield, leveling the batters area and chalking the foul lines. We also provide services for larger softball organizations during the summer months.

As city employees we also participate with other community events such as our yearly Poppy Festival, Christmas on the BLVD, and BooLVD for Halloween. These events have us serve in a variety of capacities, anything from taking tickets at the front gates of events, cleanup, providing directions, running family games, security, set-up, tear-down, escorts, traffic direction, to parking enforcement.

Because of certain working hour restrictions it is typically very easy to work around another job or school. Bosses and supervisors are generally easy-going as long as your doing your job and don't shy away from getting dirty or helping with tasks.

My favorite part of the job is the fact that I get to spend several day of the week outside at the park (easily the best looking part of our desert) and being active in my community, even if its just chalking fields for others to play on.
Pros
flexable work schedule, good for students
Cons
restricted hours, work during holidays
great job
Maintenance Aide 1 (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMarch 20, 2014
City of Lancaster back me while I am working for the Air National Guard. Everyone I work was good workers toward me.
Good
flexible hours
Recreation Leader I (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMarch 12, 2014
Conducts and assists in the organization of community recreation programs, park activities and special events. Assists in the planning, implementation and promotion of recreation programs for youth and adults. Supervises the distribution, use and care of recreation supplies, equipment and facilities; promotes the safety of patrons who utilize the parks and its programs; and maintains order at recreation facilities during organized activities.
Demanding, good start for entry level
Performing Arts Manager (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCJanuary 22, 2013
Enjoyed my employment but no room for advancement. I have worked as a manager for many years. All managers within the City of Lancaster are micromanaged. This is a body of government.
Pros
state benefits
Cons
no room for advancement