CITY OF LAREDO

CITY OF LAREDO Employer Reviews

Great Job
Wastewater Plant Operator (Former Employee), Laredo, TXNovember 24, 2014
Pros: unsupervised work
Cons: rude coworkers, rude supervisors, bad pay, shift work
Working here wasn't bad at all. They work schedule was very good and I had a lot of freedom to handle my business the way I saw fit. The pay wasn't up to par for the amount and type of work I did. The supervisors was also a very big problem. Sometimes they were understanding and polite and other times (most of the time) they were rude and insulted you indirectly. I would've stayed here longer, but the fact that your coworkers are out to back stab you and that your supervisors see you as dispensable made me leave.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WITH GREAT TEAM WORK
Clerk III (Current Employee), Laredo, TXJune 24, 2014
Pros: team work
WITH IN THE FIRST FEW MONTHS OUR TIME WAS ABLE TO COLLECT OVER 4,000,000,00 DOLLARS FROM PAST ACCOUNTS AS WELL AS CURRENT.
Productive and fun place
Parks and Leisure Recreation Specialist (Former Employee), Laredo, TXMay 28, 2014
Pros: in touch with the community
Cons: no chance for advancement
I was able to communicate with children, play games, sports, do crafts with them, also helped out with school assignments.
Also had classes in self defense for battered women.
Co-workers were efficient and helpful.
Average place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Laredo, TXOctober 19, 2013
Average place to work. I learned a variety of different things having to do Accounts Payable/Receivable, how to send yearly 1099's, payroll, clerical.
Work is enjoyable, educational and second home.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Laredo, TXJune 17, 2013
Pros: safety enviroment, helpful workplace.
Cons: more recognitions.
Safety first an foremost. Prepare for the start of a new day. Every day is a different day, we do actually do the same thing and always learning something new. Management keeps up with changes and informs us about them plus any changes we need to be aware of, so proper procedure be implemented. Team work is how we work here, we step it for each other and get the job done or try to finish it on the deadline that was given. All of sudden changes, where as more work added during the day and we have to decide how to plan to get it done, plus are regular work schedule routine. Knowing that we did our job the best we could and were able to help our consumers in the process of the day.
slow pace work
Clerk II (Former Employee), Laredo, TXMarch 4, 2013
Pros: just had on duty to do.
Cons: had to work on saturday a month .
High pace in the morning in the afternoon slow but was very
rewarding. Co-workers and Supervisor great to work with.
Excellent place to work if you stay far away from politicians and department directors.
Superintendent (Former Employee), Laredo, TXOctober 10, 2012
Pros: job security (if away of directors) and continuing education.
Cons: politics play a huge role on carreer advancement.
As a municipality, you are dedicated to your assigned work.
I learned to performed chemical tests on water and soil samples.
Median management is great, they understand co-workers and help in completing the assigned jobs. Top managemet are politicians y they don't know the job and how to be done.
Co-workers are dedicated to help and supportive to complete the assigned job(s).
The hardesty part of the job is when top management wants something and they don't know anything about the job, which it is the daily situation; and also, when they try to satisfy his/her supervisor and ask for unethical or inmoral actions and threaten you to fire you.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working along with co-workers.